Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dun.

Default Dun.

Has anyone received any updates on his status? The report that he was 7-10 days out was about 2 weeks ago. Anyone have any new news?

Default Re: Dun.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone received any updates on his status? The report that he was 7-10 days out was about 2 weeks ago. Anyone have any new news?
    That wasn't the report. The report was he would be tested again in the next 7 to ten days. That, I haven't heard anything about. We won't hear anything until he starts practicing and even that might not mean anything if his injury flares up again.

Thanks for the correction. I wish they would update us on his status a little more. There are a lot of fans waiting very patiently for him to return.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    Thanks for the correction. I wish they would update us on his status a little more. There are a lot of fans waiting very patiently for him to return.
    Sadly the type of injury that he has will not allow for much of an update. There is no crack, strain, tear that is going to heal and get better. It is simply a matter of time and in fact it may take 2 -3 years for him to be able to ever get back to a pain free game.

If I'm not mistaken isn't this what Daniels had for the past two seasons with the team? He is pain free now and you can see what a differance it is making. Of course being in a contract year doesn't hurt either.

The way I'm looking at it is Dun is done...... for the season. Anything other than that is a possible bonus at best. To me it's nothing more than a dangling carrot to the fans to keep their hopes up for a turn around of the season. I'm not counting on it. The team is what it is, and don't count your chickens b4 they hatch thinking otherwise until Dunleavy is back and healthy.

I agree with Justin Tyme.
    the schedule softens but the team doesn't win. We have to understand at the beginning of the season we had 7 new players, almost half of the roster!!
    They need time, and in my opinion this season is over. we are lucky if we win 25-30 games.
    its done, lets the rookies play!

Mood

Yes, Marquis had tendonitis.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The way I'm looking at it is Dun is done...... for the season. Anything other than that is a possible bonus at best. To me it's nothing more than a dangling carrot to the fans to keep their hopes up for a turn around of the season. I'm not counting on it. The team is what it is, and don't count your chickens b4 they hatch thinking otherwise until Dunleavy is back and healthy.
    If I don't hear any positive, signifiant updates on his condition by this time in mid-January, I will feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This isn't just tendonitis but calcification of the patellar itself meaning that it isn't reversible. This could mean surgery or even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This isn't just tendonitis but calcification of the patellar itself meaning that it isn't reversible. This could mean surgery or even worse.
    Hey, we are the Indiana Pacers you know. Home of ABA champions and players with
    career ending injuries. Despite that, I still enjoy this team more than last year.
    Hicks is correct in his stance on not getting too upset over the losses. Enjoy the game and find a player you can enjoy watching despite the losses.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Bump.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ade_it_se.html

Dunleavy update
    --I asked Dunleavy if he's had his right knee tested yet. He said it's not matter of going to the doctor and having it looked at. He's doing court work to a certain limit and then the Pacers medical staff determines if he can do more. He's coming along, but as mentioned before, it's still going to be awhile before he plays in a game.
    So I think it's fair to say he definitely won't be back before the beginning of the year. Anybody wanna take the under on him coming back before the ASB?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

http://www.indystar.com/article/2008.../1088/SPORTS04

Dunleavy update

O'Brien said on his weekly radio show Tuesday that the earliest guard Mike Dunleavy will return to the lineup is some time in January.

Dunleavy, the Pacers' second-leading scorer last season, has not played this season because of bone spurs in his right knee.

He is doing limited court work as the Pacers' medical staff determines if he can do more.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hogwash!!!

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wonder how things would have been different if Dun was healthy and playing from the start of the season. Perhaps we win a few of the close ones we dropped and won a few others that we wiffed on. Then, all the sudden, we would have been the "darlings" of the NBA.

Wow. So... anybody think he'll be back BEFORE the ASB?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

No. I'm worried we have another Bender situation on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wow. So... anybody think he'll be back BEFORE the ASB?

I'm not completely sure he'll be back this year period let alone by ASB. My feeling is you just proceed as if he won't be back this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

I'm beginning to wonder the samething.

Bender, JO, Tinsley, Dun - equals what - 1,101 games missed.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Except Dun isn't a chronic injury guy (at least not yet), and the Pacers didn't just sign him to a huge deal (he already has one). Also he's better and smarter than Bender.

Kudos to Bender for growing up and doing what he is doing now though.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Really? I was thinking JO.

But basically, any time a Pacer misses more time than expected with a knee injury I just figure they're done.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Really? I was thinking JO.

But basically, any time a Pacer misses more time than expected with a knee injury I just figure they're done.
    I don't mean to jump the gun but I kinda feel as if we should have traded him this off-season.

Dunleavy hasn't played this season because of a sore right knee but said he still hopes to play a significant number of games "and pick up where I left off."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPBQ14PRIG.DTL
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Is there some unknown lifeforce contained within the boundaries of our state that does this to players? It's like the island from LOST... except when people land here their knees blow up instead of healing themselves.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yes, Marquis had tendonitis.
    But he didn't have the additional bone issues that we are hearing with Dunleavy as I recall.

I hate to say it but maybe the thread should be renamed to "Done" instead. Sucks.

Even though I've been a critic, even though I wanted to trade while the iron was hot, that doesn't apply here. I didn't want him moved because of injury, I just thought they needed a serious roster adjustment. Frankly the 2 trades made moving him less critical, and it's only the play of Quis that brings it back to the table.

I've argued that I don't think he'd make the impact people think he would because he would be pushing out Quis who is playing great and Rush who is decent considering his defensive game. But he clearly would help.

My only other concern is that he has had an ice cold 3pt shot in recent years and last year was more of the surprise. You have to worry that all this time off, this type of time off, will have impacted his shot. And Dun with a 32% 3pt shot is simply not very helpful.

Bottom line though is that I hate to see guys out or limited by injury, period. More so when it's a quality person who brings great effort when he does play. I hated JO being out and I hate Dun being out.

Seeing Quis at this level makes me retroactively hate his last two injury seasons too.