Thread: Is Ron Being Shopped Or Not?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Is Ron Being Shopped Or Not?

I read reports that the Pacer's are "desperately" shopping Artest and other reports say that Ron is now untouchable after being pulled off the table in the T-mac deal. This is driving me crazy.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Is Ron Being Shopped Or Not?

He could have been pulled off the table when things got too expensive. He is being shopped, of that I feel certain.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Yes, i'm sure he is being shopped but not despretley like TMac is. Probably more like Sheed Wallace was only not quite so much.

Magic are looking for the right now deal and Portland waited for the right deal at right time thing.

Positive he's "available". Maybe not actively being "shopped" but as DW always says "if the right deal comes alont...". There are only two untouchables on the Pacers. JO for obvious reasons, and Reggie because he's going to retire a Pacer (not that his trade value would be extremely high right now anyway).

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Donnie says he's not being shopped so , I am inclined to believe with his past track record , he's defintely shopping Artest .

Yes I think he is available for a trade, where as J.O is not.

My best guess, the Pacers were willing to include Artest in the McGrady, but they did not want to start off the discussions with Artest. I figure the Pacers strategy was to use Artest like a silver bullet, withhold his name for as long as they could and then use Artest inclusion to close the deal.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Donnie ever really "shops" any of his players until they say they want to be traded. I don't think Artest is being "shopped" but DW and Bird know that he doesn't have to be. His name will almost always come up during talks. At that point they can say something like "we would look at including Ron if you include ____."

I think Ron will be traded if he brings in a Paul Pierce, McGrady type player. If not, I think he is too much of a value (salary wise), headaches and all.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin