Thread: Next Batman movie: Gotham rumor [false rumors]

Hey, I'm under the arrow drewdawg's Avatar

Default Next Batman movie: Gotham rumor [false rumors]

Oh please let this just be a rumor.

Murphy And Labeouf For Batman

17 December 2008 5:29 PM, PST

Eddie Murphy and Shia Labeouf have been lined up to star in the next Batman movie, according to reports.
    The Beverly Hills Cop actor will star as The Riddler and Labeouf will play the caped crusader's sidekick Robin in the next instalment, tentatively titled Gotham.
    Actress Rachel Weisz is reportedly in the frame to play Catwoman. Christian Bale will return as Bruce Wayne and Michael Caine will again play his assistant Alfred, according to British newspaper The Sun.
    The movie, which is slated for a 2010 release, will be directed by Christopher Nolan, who made The Dark Knight such a huge success when it was released this year.
    A source says, .Chris wasn.t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion. Eddie.s a fantastic addition. Everyone.s excited to see what he does as the Riddler..

http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0631721

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Next Batman movie: Gotham rumor

Hmm...Robin? Nooooo. We now see the start of the decline of the new Batman movies.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

this rumor is from the Sun?
    no worries - its 90% bs

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope Rachel Wiesz is catwoman.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't believe that either of these rumors is true. The addition of Murphy, especially, would take the series back to its cornball roots.

Bogus rumors. Pay no mind.

It's way too early for any real news on this. Maybe by next winter, but not now.

Right now, there's no script, no villain, and even director Chris Nolan isn't on board officially if I recall correctly.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think no matter who or what it is about it is going to be hard to follow suite.

My favorite source for entertainment news....

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39487

Bull**** BATMAN rumors that are being generated solely for the purpose of traffic!

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm being inundated with bull**** rumors from sites that are just attempting to pad their numbers with created and made up rumors that would cause spikes in traffic because they surround a new BATMAN film. There is not one shred of reality in any of these rumors.
    The latest batch has Eddie Murphy as THE RIDDLER and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman and apparently Shia LaBeouf as someone.
    If ANY OF YOU believe any of this bull****, you have found some crazy awesome drugs and I would like to have some of what you're having.
    Here's the latest facts on a sequel to DARK KNIGHT...
    No talent has a finished contract yet. Specifically, Chris Nolan doesn't have a deal. The word I'm having is that Chris would like to do another project before leaping back into BATMAN - if he decides to do another. We're hearing he may very well do THE PRISONER next - which would mean... no valid BATMAN rumors until much later.
    There is no story treatment on anybody's desk at Warners. No accepted pitches. No talent beyond Chris Nolan has been approached. Now... would Warners like to be immediately in development on the new caped crusader film with Bale and Nolan? You betcha, but that's why they're giving Nolan the room he needs to come back to the cowl.
    Personally - I'd like Nolan to jettison Bale and make DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and close out his tenure on BATMAN. Starting the next one... 30 years later - a grizzled roughed up and quasi-Fascist BATMAN and a near police state Gotham... I'd just love. and I'd love to have Mickey Rourke play Bats in it.
    BUT YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID. I just made some bull**** up. Some stuff I would just love to have happen. BUT IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY.
    Now in the Talkback below - see if you can make up better BATMAN 3 rumors than the folks at E!, SUN and countless other bull**** sites that are just desperate for hits.
    BUT whatever you do. PLEASE STOP SENDING US THESE LINKS TO BULL**** BATMAN RUMORS - It really is getting ridiculous.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Default Re: Next Batman movie: Gotham rumor [false rumors]

Harry wants a Dark Knight Returns adaptation to be part of this series of Nolan Batman movies? He's out of his ****ing mind. They're completely different takes on Batman.

Let the next decade's Batman touch that one, but it doesn't belong here.