Thread: So...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default So...

If Charlotte takes Primoz and the Cleveland trade goes down, we're looking at a line-up of:

C - Foster/Pollard
    PF - O'Neal/Croshere
    SF - Artest/Bender/JJones
    SG - Miller/FJones/Jackson/Wagner
    PG - Tinsley/Ollie

So, we shift our logjam to the 2 instead of the 3?

I don't get it.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Default Re: So...

Don't forget resigning AJ.

I really don't think we need Ollie and Wagner. Give us a big man instead.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Reggie retires within a year, Fred and Dajuan learn to play more and more at the point, Ollie becomes seldomly used,

and it's not so bad.

Obviously another 4/5 would be needed, such as Blount for the mid level exception.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

uh did I miss something? Where's Jamison Brewer on your list?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Ollie is not really useful but he is a "poison pill" to make the deal work.

His contract is long and a little high for someone with "veteran miniumum" skill level.

I think to make the deal work Cleveland would insist that we take him. They like Diop, so I guess we can't get him.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

AJ and Siggy are currently FAs, so I didn't include them. Re-signing both of them also creates a massive logjam at the 1.

Reggie retires within a year, Fred and Dajuan learn to play more and more at the point, Ollie becomes seldomly used,

and it's not so bad.

Obviously another 4/5 would be needed, such as Blount for the mid level exception.
    So, where does that leave Luke Jackson? We're gonna trade Al for a 3rd string SG, a 4th string SG, and a 3rd string PG?

no...trade your 2nd best SF for

your best 2G (Jackson or Snyder)

your 2nd best PG (Wagner)

and a towel-waver (Ollie)

If we move Wagner to the point, we have no need to re-sign AJ or Siggy (certainly not both). I think Brewer is done as a Pacer.

Luke would be third-string at the 2 this year. Then, what...back-up to Freddie? Will Luke move to starter after Reg retires in a year? It seems to me that Bird is putting an awful lot of faith in a rookie, especially for someone who believes it's now time to "get serious" about winning a championship.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

If we move Wagner to the point, we have no need to re-sign AJ or Siggy (certainly not both). I think Brewer is done as a Pacer.

Luke would be third-string at the 2 this year. Then, what...back-up to Freddie? Will Luke move to starter after Reg retires in a year? It seems to me that Bird is putting an awful lot of faith in a rookie, especially for someone who believes it's now time to "get serious" about winning a championship.
    My thoughts too, I dont want another rookie, I want EXPERIENCE!!! No rookie mistakes in the middle of important play-off games.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Snyder would be a nice pick there if he can keep his head on straight.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

the guard depth chart would look something more like this i think:

sg: miller/f.jones/rookie
    pg: tinsley/wagner

wagner's not really a pg, but play him with fred and he should be ok. reggie will get the ceremonial start, but i expect the rookie would be good enough to take his spot. note that rookie will remain nameless for now (though i do like luke)