Thread: PATIENCE

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default PATIENCE

Seriously guys/gals. Yeah we had a terrible game last night. I am in complete agreement. We have had a rough stretch against some of the best teams in the league. Our schedule gets exponentially easier from now to the end of the season. We absolutely cannot freak out like I keep hearing everybody on here the last week or two. Sure adjustments do need to be made. Dunleavy will be a monster addition to our lineup. We just need some patience. We still have a VERY new team with players who are still getting acclimated with one another. To have the record we currently have and also have so many difficult games out of the way, we can focus on playing good basketball and getting better. The wins will come. We will finish the season strong, I can and will guarantee. Please people don't freak out. I feel like this is 1976 and I am at a Parliament Funkadelic concert. Lay off the ludes folks. Be patient. Our Pacers will come around.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PATIENCE

Word.
    Pacers,baby!

This isn't right:

* We absolutely cannot freak out like I keep hearing everybody on here the last week or two.
    * Dunleavy will be a monster addition to our lineup.
    * The wins will come.
    * We will finish the season strong, I can and will guarantee.
    * Our Pacers will come around.
    None of us can guarantee what will happen with Dunleavy or the Pacers. We hope everything will come together soon, but it is daft to guarantee it.

This is right:

* Yeah we had a terrible game last night.
    * We have had a rough stretch against some of the best teams in the league. Our schedule getseasier from now to the end of the season.
    * We just need some patience.
    * We still have a VERY new team with players who are still getting acclimated with one another.
    * To have the record we currently have and also have so many difficult games out of the way, we can focus on playing good basketball and getting better.
    * Be patient.

Pacergod's call for patience is right, even if the improvement never comes. It may be that the Pacers never come together this season. They may stay lousy. And there may be no trades. This may be as good as it gets.

The best we can do is stay hopeful and look for signs of improvement, and be fair in our criticism of the players and coach.
    Last edited by Putnam; 12-11-2008 at 05:29 PM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

I truly believe, as in my case, the frustration and lack of patience comes from the difference in how the Pacers are playing now compared to how they were playing earlier in the season. I/we liked what we were seeing with the teams play, and now it isn't there.

Ball movement isn't the same,"D" isn't what is was, players aren't playing the way they were, losses when the game was very winable, possible conceived coaching problems, I don't see the same comaraderie among players as earlier, etc. We all realize that something isn't right, BUT WHAT! I firmly don't believe Bird knows either. My guess it's a combination of many things, and it's just so darn frustrating thus patience is beginning to wear thin with many of us.

Maybe we got lulled early into the season that this team was better than we thought. An example is Seth posting he was raising is win count b/c how the team was playing early in the season.

Personally, I tired of hearing about Dunleavy will come back and save the day. Sorry, his return isn't going to miraculously fix what's wrong. Given he will help, but he isn't going to change the lack of an inside presence or create an inside scoring threat in the post. I'm losing patience over just when will Dunleavy be back. I finally saw in print yesterday where it was stated Dunleavy's injury is bonespurs and nothing about tendenitis(sp?). What is it? One, the other, or both? The lack of one of the 2 best players isn't doing anything for Pacers fandom from not getting antsy and impatient. Patience is a virtue, and some of us just don't have that virtue. Sorry. JMOAA

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am worried about the team defense. Even Granger is struggling. This team counts on being a higher FG% than their opponents. That is not happening. We turnover the ball, shoot poorly, and fail to rotate our defense.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Last night was the first time this season that I have been more than mildly annoyed at a loss. If we're going to have any hope of making the playoffs, we must beat other sub-.500 teams, especially those on a slide.

Tomorrow is pretty close to a must-win, for confidence if nothing else.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Putnam, could you correct all the long, one paragraph posts?

That would be nice.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last night was the first time this season that I have been more than mildly annoyed at a loss. If we're going to have any hope of making the playoffs, we must beat other sub-.500 teams, especially those on a slide.

Tomorrow is pretty close to a must-win, for confidence if nothing else.
    Agreed.