This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bought a 360 elite, and it pwns.
    X2

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PS3?

Forgot about this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post

Blu Ray hasn't caught on yet, so that arguement can be thrown out. Average price for a Blu-Ray movie is close to $24.99-$29.99. With the struggling economy, people are going to spend less on entertainment, which makes it even more useless.
    Ever heard of renting? Thats what i do for blu-ray's. The difference is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Black Friday sales listed the Xbox 360 outselling the PS3 3:1. Now if something with that many problems, something so faulty and "crappy", why hasn't the public caught on? Saying that the 360 has "too many problems" is not a valid arguement.

If the system is so far superior, and so much better, and "reliable", why are it's sales in the toilet?
    Thats simple. Its too expensive for people's tastes, so they go with the cheaper one, even though it means less of a system.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Forgot about this thread

Ever heard of renting? Thats what i do for blu-ray's. The difference is worth it.

Thats simple. Its too expensive for people's tastes, so they go with the cheaper one, even though it means less of a system.
    1. I rent Blu-Ray discs from Netflix. Heck, I just bought Wall-E tonight for $19.99 at Target on Blu-Ray. My friend got me a copy of Cars on Blu-Ray for Christmas (which I had on DVD, but I like the picture quality.).

2. The 360 isn't less of a system if you just look at game play. Yes, it is cheaper because it doesn't have a BD-Player or built-in wireless, but its what everyone wants obviously, and there are no objections because it is still selling 3-to-1. And that is even with everyone knowing about the RROD errors and the lack of BD capability. Face it, the PS3 just can't compare. Microsoft has done their homework, and made a console just about everyone likes.

The PS3 is too expensive because Sony thinks that everyone owns an HDTV (Yes, many people do now.). That and not everyone needs a Gigabit ethernet port on their console. They are NOT futureproofing their system. Residential gigabit capabilites are long away in the future from now, not to mention the multi-card reader. Finally, they couldn't even get their controller situation straight, and couldn't launch with a Dual-Shock controller!

There is no way you could call the Xbox 360 far less superior. The numbers don't lie.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-02-2009 at 11:34 PM.

An opinion from someone who is just a casual gamer, who has had both systems, is that the PS3 is better. Alot of the pluses have already been mentioned, but I'll state the fact that the console itself even looks better than the Xbox and the controllers are more lightweight and sleek looking. I've even had a few older family members comment on how much they liked the PS3 after they've seen all that it can do (I have alot of movies and family photos downloaded on it), and they never looked twice at my 360. I don't think either one is a great deal better than the other, people just like them for different reasons. But I will say that I find it hard to believe that Xbox is outselling 3:1. It may true, but it suprises me. Anyway, since we're here, if anyone wants to play COD4 on the PS3 send me a friend request (earaik33).

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    An opinion from someone who is just a casual gamer, who has had both systems, is that the PS3 is better. Alot of the pluses have already been mentioned, but I'll state the fact that the console itself even looks better than the Xbox and the controllers are more lightweight and sleek looking. I've even had a few older family members comment on how much they liked the PS3 after they've seen all that it can do (I have alot of movies and family photos downloaded on it), and they never looked twice at my 360. I don't think either one is a great deal better than the other, people just like them for different reasons. But I will say that I find it hard to believe that Xbox is outselling 3:1. It may true, but it suprises me. Anyway, since we're here, if anyone wants to play COD4 on the PS3 send me a friend request (earaik33).
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/...questid=448326

BTW: I stream photos and videos on my Xbox 360 with no problems at all. I also like the fact that if the batteries die in my controller, I can replace them without having to purchase an entire new controller. The controllers may be lighter, but those are the ones without DualShock.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have played both systems a good deal, and I just prefer the PS3. If I were an online gamer, it may be a different story, but for local play, the PS3 is king.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I have played both systems a good deal, and I just prefer the PS3. If I were an online gamer, it may be a different story, but for local play, the PS3 is king.
    If this were the case I'd still prefer PC.

I got the RROD today.

Mood

I have a friend who uses his Xbox 360 basically as his cable box. When the guy from Comcast came to pick up the box and he saw the Xbox running his cable through his network and to his TV, along with streaming video, pictures and music from his PC harddrive, he was blown away. He said he was glad not everyone knew how to do that or Comcast wouldn't make a dime renting their cable boxes. The Xbox 360 media center actually blows away the various PS3 options. I have both systems, and outside of a few exclusives (Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet) I play the 360 more. When a game is available for both systems I play the 360 version.