Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 way deal with Orlando??

Default 3 way deal with Orlando??

Don't know if this has been mentitoned or if its even possible but if Houston does land McGrady, is there any chance we could trade Al and some change to Orlando for Francis?? In your opinion would Francis fit in with us?
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 3 way deal with Orlando??

I don't want Francis under any circumstances. I suggested last night a three way trade in which we could net Mobley and/ or Cato, and that was resoundingly ignored by every other member of Pacers Digest.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I don't want Francis under any circumstances. I suggested last night a three way trade in which we could net Mobley and/ or Cato, and that was resoundingly ignored by every other member of Pacers Digest.

You're still a rookie, you have an award proves it.

I did not see that you posted that. I would not mind having any of the three Rockets players.

Sports Logo

Please not Francis

I dont think I could take him being a Pacer. I would rather get Jalen and Travis back than submit to a Steve Francis run Pacers squad. There is a reason they never made the playoffs untill JVG forced him to play at least part of the time like a real NBA player.

Francis with his attitude, lack of pure PG skills, and at his salary =
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Some of my what I thought were my best posts have been ignored, whereas an offhand remark sometimes generates 100 responses. It happens to all of us.

So whats the deal with Francis, is he not the outside scorer we are looking for? I have only seen him play a few times, but he did seem to be a pretty regular scorer.....

Sorry for ignoring your post, maybe you just don't share the gift of articulation that I have been blessed with ......J/k
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

You're still a rookie, you have an award proves it.
    I'm sorry Mr. Buck. I also forgot your donuts that you were expecting to eat after practice.

(off to run more windsprints.)

Anyway, here it is...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4500

Here's what I hate about this... my other 'top' choice was for a smaller deal in which we get Cat Mobley, but he'd be off the board, too. Perhaps we can still get in and make it a three-team deal with Cato and Mobley coming here, Franchise, Artest and Pollard to Orlando, and McGrady to Houston.

Anybody with a calculator care to refine that one? Maybe I'm grasping at straws.

So whats the deal with Francis, is he not the outside scorer we are looking for? I have only seen him play a few times, but he did seem to be a pretty regular scorer.....

Sorry for ignoring your post, maybe you just don't share the gift of articulation that I have been blessed with ......J/k
    He's more of a SG, but he's undersized. He's bigger than Travis, for example, but his game is still all based on setting up his own shot or drive to the basket. On a team where guys need to get the ball in a certain position (JO, Ron, Al, Reggie), I'm not sure Franchise can deliver.

If we are talking as a SG to play alongside Tinsley... then I'd have to think about it but we'd really have to get bigger up front to compensate for our lack of size in the backcourt.

Maybe the shrug smiley wasn't the right one? This was an attempt at self-deprecating humor. I wasn't whining. I hope that wasn't confusing.

I am really confused here, what is Francis' attitude. he is not a point gaurd other than that I think he is an excellent player. Please explain

Sorry, didn't catch that last part, Jay. I'm busy ignoring your posts now.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Can't speak for Tom and I didn't see anybody else mention 'attitude' but when I think of Francis, even before I think of his crossover, I think of his 'me-first' tendencies.

I was really turned off by his refusal to play for Vancouver.

His appareant refusal to share the ball with Yao Ming has only re-inforced that opinion.

smoothie

why go after steve when you can make an offer for mobley and cato?

Zesty

Can someone please clarify for me whether or not any of these Houston guys will be able to be traded in a separate deal after the McGrady, swap, or will they have that 90 day limit on trading them since they are being included in a multiplayer deal?

I am really confused here, what is Francis' attitude. he is not a point gaurd other than that I think he is an excellent player. Please explain
    i agree... i dont see why everyone hates francis here. hes a GREAT talent. and he's not a natural point guard but can certainly play it during stretches if need be. he turns the ball over a lot but otherwise hes a great player.

he never copped an attitude, maybe he was unhappy with JVG's style, but never made too big a deal about it, was a great teammate from what i understand, and tried his best to fit into a system he didnt naturally fit in with. he never complained about deferring to Yao, and instead loved to play with him, loved his fans and his fans loved him, and was generally a good guy.

he is physically dominating at pg, is quicker than most sgs, and is a good rebounder, ball handler, and a decent shooter off the dribble.

i dont kno if he would fit in this team, but hell if he didnt cost us much more than harrington/freddie jones i would say its worth a shot.

What makes you think that if Franchise does not like to play inside out in Houston he will play it here?

he remains a shoot self first player that wants to be the "franchise".

We already have a "franchise" player.

Talentwise I would love to have him as a SG. I just don't think he will fit here.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What makes you think that if Franchise does not like to play inside out in Houston he will play it here?

Talentwise I would love to have him as a SG. I just don't think he will fit here.
    He's just not an inside-out PG.

Both Anthony Johnson and Tinslkey are better spot-up shooters.

Francis is not a Carlisle PG. He is crappy at feeding the post, he lapses on D, and he dominates the ball too often. He's a very bad fit in an inside-outside offense, because his outside game is HORRIBLE.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's just not an inside-out PG.

Both Anthony Johnson and Tinslkey are better spot-up shooters.

Francis is not a Carlisle PG. He is crappy at feeding the post, he lapses on D, and he dominates the ball too often. He's a very bad fit in an inside-outside offense, because his outside game is HORRIBLE.
    Yeah, Francis is not a PG.

I maybe am a little extra sour on him since he was drafted and pulled the prima donna "not gonna play for Vancouver" routine,

Then also, a shoot-first point guard is never popular, unless of course that player is on a highly successful team.

Finally it is at least the opinion of Rockets fans that Francis has clashed with Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy over the idea of deferring to Yao.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I also think that Francis is best suited for an up-tempo offense. We don't have that. He would be perfect for Dallas or Sacramento, and maybe Orlando wants to run. He would be a horrible fit for Rick Carlisle, IMO.

No Francis thank you. He is not made for this offense.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I agree, but like i said, if it only costs us HArrington and change, i think it would be worth a shot. Talent wise, he does the combo guard thing much better than freddie jones does.

plus i was mainly commenting on people attacking his attitude, but i never got the sense that he was any trouble for houston. And he may not have been happy about deferring to Yao but he loved playing with him, welcomed him to the team with open arms, and did in fact defer to him. i dont think that makes him a prima donna.

Zesty

Can someone please clarify for me whether or not any of these Houston guys will be able to be traded in a separate deal after the McGrady, swap, or will they have that 90 day limit on trading them since they are being included in a multiplayer deal?
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    I think its going to be the same rules that applied to Rasheed. Don't know for sure, but there are loopholes.