Thread: That was better than the Spurs game

Hybrid View

Default That was better than the Spurs game

This Nets game tells me so much about the pacers mental toughness. Coming off a huge game last night and off a bad first half, they get back into but then fall down again by 11 going into the 4th, I thought the game was over. But for the Pacers gut the win out was so telling.

This game was all about mental toughness.

I give Tinsley a lot of credit, he defended Kidd better than he ever has.

Pacers offense was not pretty, they had trouble getting decent shots, but somehow they won the game. (That is the exact discription of most playoff games.

This is good

Mood

Default Re: That was better than the Spurs game

Well, Kidd got some wide open 3's tonight, but I'll agree that at the end of the game he was good.

Mood

This is good
    Yes sir, it is!

This game was all about mental toughness.
    Heh heh...I posted about this team's mental toughness in another thread before reading your post, UB.

Great minds think alike.

Sports Logo

When I saw Dick Bavetta was the reff tonight I almost gave up then.

Southside_Pacer

I agree totally. We really don't seem to get rattled when it seems like we could easily fold up the tent.

We came out strong after halftime, then they pushed it back to 11, yet we still kept coming at them.

It's especially great to show this mental toughness on the road, and we have all season long.

Another thing that comes out of this game, O'Neal can drain threes!

Mood

When I saw Dick Bavetta was the reff tonight I almost gave up then.
    God, same here. Just another layer of our mental toughness to play through a BaNetta game.

Sports Logo

Actually this was a fair game by Bavetta. Well as fair as he gets anyway. At lease he didnt foul Jermaine out

That game was ugly as hell.

Most impressive thing I saw was Jermaine staying in the game in the 4th. He showed that he can control himself and still play great in foul trouble.

Mood

Most impressive thing I saw was Jermaine staying in the game in the 4th. He showed that he can control himself and still play great in foul trouble.
    This is true. I really thought he was done after that 5th foul.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Well, Kidd got some wide open 3's tonight, but I'll agree that at the end of the game he was good.
    Kidd's two big threes in the fourth quarter were while Anthony Johnson was in, not Tinsley.

I was also impressed with Tinsley's D on Kidd.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Actually this was a fair game by Bavetta. Well as fair as he gets anyway. At lease he didnt foul Jermaine out
    One call stands out in my mind. Pacers fast break and Kidd slams Tinsley to keep him from making the layup. Bavetta's the lead official on the baseline, right there staring right at it, and lets it go. Donahay's back at halfcourt and has to make the call.

I swear, if I ever come across that man in real life...well, let me just say I'd appreciate it if you guys would start a fund to pay for my bail. It won't be cheap, after I finish with him.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still getting used to giving it up for Tinsley. Feels kinda weird, but I'll gladly eat crow if the Pacers are winning!

Arkmans in the house!!!!!!???????
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

One call stands out in my mind. Pacers fast break and Kidd slams Tinsley to keep him from making the layup. Bavetta's the lead official on the baseline, right there staring right at it, and lets it go. Donahay's back at halfcourt and has to make the call.

I swear, if I ever come across that man in real life...well, let me just say I'd appreciate it if you guys would start a fund to pay for my bail. It won't be cheap, after I finish with him.
    I'll help bail you out. If I'm not locked up with you, for kicking the bald headed ******* while you have him down.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I just love it when ESPN runs a headline "Pacers Defense Suffocates Nets"

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll help bail you out. If I'm not locked up with you, for kicking the bald headed ******* while you have him down.

I about freaked at the Rodney Rogers takedown of AL Harrington. Casual foul my arse...flagrant if ever! Much of the action taking place AFTER the whistle was blown. I'm betting that if it had been Artest, Martin's near swing would have earned Ron an ejection as a "threatening move".
    (I'm also betting Bevetta has a permanent woodie over what Isaiah is doing with the Knicks right now)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Works for me. So long as you help bail me out after I pay a visit to Steve Javie.

I just love it when ESPN runs a headline "Pacers Defense Suffocates Nets"

Yet another case of the opposing team blaming their offense after the Pacers shut them down. Nice to see ESPN knows whats up.

Yet another case of the opposing team blaming their offense after the Pacers shut them down.
    Yeah I was reading Kenyon Martin's quotes and it appears he was in denial. Fine with me, let him think that. I think he's just mad because Foster got in his head a little bit.

Arkmans in the house!!!!!!???????

I about freaked at the Rodney Rogers takedown of AL Harrington. Casual foul my arse...flagrant if ever![/quote]

To be fair, Al actually had a similar foul on him in the game. I think the way Al handled that one was the reason no flagrants were called either way.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

The 5th foul was great for the pacers, after that it seemed like all the nets were worried about was getting JO fouled out. That caused a lot of missed open shots by the nets, including two missed layups by Kidd.