Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Michigan 81, Duke 73

  1. #1
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Michigan 81, Duke 73

    OK, so we won our ACC game 3 days too late. Sue us

    Even a .500 big 10 season should get us into the big dance now. At least, I hope it will.

    Deshawn Sims has improved under Belien like he NEVER would have under Amaker. He beatsed the entire Duke frontline
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-06-2008 at 06:35 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    I had to check the score to make sure you weren't hallucinating or something. I'm gonna have to start paying attention to Michigan - had sort of figured on another rebuilding year for you guys.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  3. #3
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,968

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    On behalf of all Purdue fans, I would like to apologize to the entire Big-10 for costing us the ACC challenge this year. It's really embarrasing that Michigan could do what we couldn't.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  4. #4
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On behalf of all Purdue fans, I would like to apologize to the entire Big-10 for costing us the ACC challenge this year. It's really embarrasing that Michigan could do what we couldn't.
    Well, for the sanity for a couple of our relatives I guess it's O.K. they won. They've got enough other things on their plates so I don't think they'd gloat.

  5. #5
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had to check the score to make sure you weren't hallucinating or something. I'm gonna have to start paying attention to Michigan - had sort of figured on another rebuilding year for you guys.
    Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims are as good a 1-2 punch as there is right now in the big 10. As long as they stay healthy,U-M can compete with anybody.

    I don't think they will be in contention to win the conference, but a top-4 finish isn't out of the question if the supporting cast develops, and next year everyone will be back.

    I really, really, can't wait for next season.
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-07-2008 at 11:17 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims are as good a 1-2 punch as there is right now in the big 10. As long as they stay healthy,U-M can compete with anybody.

    I don't think they will be in contention to win the conference, but a top-4 finish isn't out of the question if the supporting cast develops, and next year everyone will be back.

    I really, really, can't wait for next season.
    With the exception of Calasan & Green everyone will be back for us too. I've been pointing to next season for a while now and IMO it hinges on Johnson. He's showing signs (even vs Duke he was 4-of-6 for 12) and if he can become an above-average post player we'll be dangerous. If not we'll be pretty, win a bunch of games and get booted from the NCAA's in the 2nd or 3rd rd when someone pressures our shooters to where shots don't drop. And Painter needs to sign at least one more big man (probably a transfer) - not sure Robinson and Bade are enough.

    Maybe we'll get back to MU-PU fighting it out at the top again. That stretch in the 90's were fun years.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  7. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manny Harris and Deshawn Sims are as good a 1-2 punch as there is right now in the big 10. As long as they stay healthy,U-M can compete with anybody.

    I don't think they will be in contention to win the conference, but a top-4 finish isn't out of the question if the supporting cast develops, and next year everyone will be back.

    I really, really, can't wait for next season.
    Join the club.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the exception of Calasan & Green everyone will be back for us too. I've been pointing to next season for a while now and IMO it hinges on Johnson. He's showing signs (even vs Duke he was 4-of-6 for 12) and if he can become an above-average post player we'll be dangerous. If not we'll be pretty, win a bunch of games and get booted from the NCAA's in the 2nd or 3rd rd when someone pressures our shooters to where shots don't drop. And Painter needs to sign at least one more big man (probably a transfer) - not sure Robinson and Bade are enough.

    Maybe we'll get back to MU-PU fighting it out at the top again. That stretch in the 90's were fun years.
    Now I was young'n in the 90's but I'm pretty sure Michigan never won the big ten championship during that stretch of years.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    I'm far from a Michigan fan, but it's always nice to see the Dookies lose.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I was young'n in the 90's but I'm pretty sure Michigan never won the big ten championship during that stretch of years.
    That's why it was fun - believe we won 3 straight and they were runner-up at least twice. One year we were 15-3 and they were 14-4 IIRC.

    If they'd won 'em all it would have been less fun. Of course one year we got eliminated in the rd of 8 and they made the finals. That was less fun too until Chris Webber called a timeout. Then it was fun again.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #11
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm far from a Michigan fan, but it's always nice to see the Dookies lose.
    Would you say that if Purdue had beaten them? I think not.

  12. #12
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    That was a win-win/lose-lose game. I hate to see either team win, but at least one of them had to lose.

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say that if Purdue had beaten them? I think not.
    That's because it's always nicer to see the PUkies lose.

    Chain of hate:
    - Purdue
    - Duke
    - Kentucky

  14. #14
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Anybody care to explain to me how Purdue is ranked and Michigan is not? Anybody?

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  15. #15
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Michigan 81, Duke 73

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody care to explain to me how Purdue is ranked and Michigan is not? Anybody?
    Preseason expectations. It always balances out by season's end.

Similar Threads

  1. duke dynamite's Photos from 11.05.08
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 08:07 PM
  2. duke dynamite's Photo Gallery - Fan Jam 2008
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 12:14 AM
  3. New Pacers Wallpaper by duke dynamite
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
  4. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  5. Michigan Women's Basketball Coach totally loses it
    By idioteque in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 03:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •