Thread: Granger vs. King James

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Granger vs. King James

It would appear that a bit of a spat has been brewing between these two. The last two games, we've had some brushes. They were jawing in the previous match. They got into it last night, clearly aimed at each other.

I kinda like it. Lebron is AMAZING. He also knows it and sometimes acts like it, which is kind of a turn-off. I get the impression Granger doesn't seem to care for that attitude.

Default Re: Granger vs. King James

I wouldn't appreciate LBJ's ego if he didn't back it up so spectacularly. Bron, Jordan, Bird, players like that can talk the talk because they walk the walk.

But I can definitely see that attitude getting under the skin of other players.

Well, with titantic numbers like 11 on 4-12 and 4 on 2-7, they both look like idiots if they're going to puff out their chests after that one.

There is no competition. I'm a huge Granger fan, but if he wants to challenge the King, he will forever lose that battle. I don't care for Lebron's new found arrogance - Yes, I am sensing his arrogance has grown. However, like a previous poster said, Lebron backs it up. You gotta give it to him...

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, with titantic numbers like 11 on 4-12 and 4 on 2-7, they both look like idiots if they're going to puff out their chests after that one.
    I think you can attribute those numbers to the defensive attention they gave to each other last night.

Quote Originally Posted by loborick View Post
    I think you can attribute those numbers to the defensive attention they gave to each other last night.
    Except, from what I saw, neither guarded each other.

And...as much as I think of Danny, he's not in LeBron's class.

It was The Rifleman's headbobbing and jawing while sticking dagger threes in Legend's grill all night that first piqued my interest in the Pacers, so I would love to see Danny start regularly throwing stones at the giant so to speak. As Chris Bosh's girlfriend found out, it's probably not a fantastic idea, but it is awesome -- much like Reggie/Starks always was.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Except, from what I saw, neither guarded each other.

And...as much as I think of Danny, he's not in LeBron's class.
    You sure they're not in the same class? LeBron is an Olympic gold medal winner who also is the best player on one of the best teams in the NBA. Granger appeared on the rookie/sophomore game and is probably the best player on an average team. Seems like the same class to me.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

They don't have to be in the same class. As much as we love Reggie, he was not in Jordan's "class", but they had some great battles and drama.

No reason Granger can't have some good old fashioned dramatic conflicts with Lebron. As long as they keep it civil and clean. These guys are both young, we got plenty of time for their games to mature and for some good old drama to crop up. Drama was what made Reggie so interesting. He mastered it. It wasn't bad drama, it was competitive drama.

I'm not saying the last game had great performances by either one. Just saying, it would appear some chippiness is brewing between the two. We could be in for some dramatic performances in the future.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-06-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    It was The Rifleman's headbobbing and jawing while sticking dagger threes in Legend's grill all night that first piqued my interest in the Pacers, so I would love to see Danny start regularly throwing stones at the giant so to speak.
    Absolutely. And all the more so if/when James becomes a Knick.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Absolutely. And all the more so if/when James becomes a Knick.
    I'm with you guys on this. I love this side of Danny - in fact, going at Bron is the most Pippenesque thing he's ever done. I hope he takes it up a notch.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny needs to keep it up, he's a great player and he probably is to LeBron what Starks was to Reggie in terms of talent level (not comparing Danny as a Starks type guy or Reggie as a LeBron level talent, obviously we're talking about different tiers and different types of players) so to say he has no business challenging LBJ is ignoring NBA history. We're a scrappy, underdog type team and to see our leader challenging the leader of what looks to be an elite team in Cleveland just furthers our image. It's a good one to have and miles away from the "Bad-Boys II" era Pacers.

By the way, LeBron was a total LePu*** on that play, and should grow up a little bit. I know he's a great player but he's a cocky ******* too and if he were ever injured by someone for attempting a dunk like that when his team is up 25 it wouldn't bother me at all.
    Last edited by idioteque; 12-06-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Yeah, I hope he keeps it up (within reason). I agree this sort of thing is what made the 90s pacers interesting.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    Yeah, I hope he keeps it up (within reason). I agree this sort of thing is what made the 90s pacers interesting.
    I really do hope this is the beginning of another run. You absolutely must have that player who will challenge the King...whether it's Michael, Kobe or Lebron. Maybe the way I worded my other post didn't make that clear. I hope to see Danny keep growing in that vein...

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    They don't have to be in the same class. As much as we love Reggie, he was not in Jordan's "class", but they had some great battles and drama.

No reason Granger can't have some good old fashioned dramatic conflicts with Lebron. As long as they keep it civil and clean. These guys are both young, we got plenty of time for their games to mature and for some good old drama to crop up. Drama was what made Reggie so interesting. He mastered it. It wasn't bad drama, it was competitive drama.

I'm not saying the last game had great performances by either one. Just saying, it would appear some chippiness is brewing between the two. We could be in for some dramatic performances in the future.
    yeah. kinda like the Monitor and the Merrimac.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown