Thread: Zeke has all but given up signing Rasheed Wallace....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Zeke has all but given up signing Rasheed Wallace....

AUBURN HILLS — A week ago, Knicks President Isiah Thomas threatened to make life miserable for Joe Dumars and the Pistons.

He indicated he would pull out all of the stops to sign free agent Rasheed Wallace.

Well, Thomas is apparently waving the white flag now.

In an article in the Newark Star-Ledger on Tuesday, Thomas all but gave his concession speech.

“I would say we have maybe a 1 percent chance — maybe,” Thomas told the paper, of signing Wallace. “I’m sure Detroit is going to do everything it can to keep him. It’s a great situation for him.”

The most the Knicks could offer Wallace was a deal starting at $5.5 million. The Pistons can offer as much as they need to.

Wallace will officially become a free agent on July 1. He can sign with any team as early as July 14.]

Chris McCosky

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Zeke has all but given up signing Rasheed Wallace....

If that was Donnie Walsh talking id be worried. But since its Isiah.....

It'll be good to have sheed around another 6 years or so.

And that deal with Atlanta has officially become a mugging of historical proportions.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

If that was Donnie Walsh talking id be worried. But since its Isiah.....

It'll be good to have sheed around another 6 years or so.

And that deal with Atlanta has officially become a mugging of historical proportions.
    Zeke getting Sheed was always a pipe dream. He has a lot of them. Our summer comes down to having one marketable player making anything (KT) a couple of ending contracts (Deke, Othella) and a blank wasteland. Zeke may make an irrelevant move or two just to make people think we're doing something.

As for the 6 years with Sheed, we'll see. The trade has already paid off big time but he could get bored ...
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

There was an article out of NY about the Knicks being interested in Al Harrington, it was from the Bergen Regsiter or something, but you have to register to read the article, is this something new, anyone know

Stupid Atlanta, Boston, and Detroit. They ruined our year. Bah.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

There was an article out of NY about the Knicks being interested in Al Harrington, it was from the Bergen Regsiter or something, but you have to register to read the article, is this something new, anyone know
    This is from Newsday: http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...orts-headlines

Indiana is another team looking to possibly move such attractive players as All-Star forward Ron Artest or forward Al Harrington, but the Pacers haven't contacted Thomas, their former coach. Despite their bitter parting, Thomas made it clear he would be only too happy to put together a deal for one of his former players.

"I would do business with Indiana," Thomas said. "I would have no problem making a trade with them."

I've seen other similar quotes.

If I'm Zeke I'd offer KT for Harrington at some point. We have nothing to get Artest with though I guess if Bird was suffering from an undiagnosed stroke we could try.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If I'm Zeke I'd offer KT for Harrington at some point. We have nothing to get Artest with though I guess if Bird was suffering from an undiagnosed stroke we could try.
    IF DW and LB believe Ron is too much of a disruption, behind the scenes...

Would he do better in NYC because he'd be back home?

Would he do worse in NYC because he'd be back home?

Would he totally meltdown under the pressure of playing in the biggest market, with all the scrutiny?

Haven't we already seen that Isiah's 'enabling' approach only makes it worse?

Of course, if you don't think he's a disruption behind the scenes, there's no way he's traded.

If DW and LB think he's a disruption, and want to ensure that he can't come back and haunt them in the future... isn't NY the perfect place to send him?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you