View Poll Results: The most clutch player in the league today is

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kobe Bryany

    17 68.00%
  • Paul Pierce

    3 12.00%
  • LeBron James

    1 4.00%
  • Allen Iverson

    0 0%
  • Dwyane Wade

    2 8.00%
  • Other (please specify)

    2 8.00%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 170

Thread: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

  1. #126
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    I'm going out on a limb and assuming that's Murphy's first career game-winning shot...

    Props to him, entertaining game.

  2. #127
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    That is awesome, what a game !!! Boston, LA, we have beaten both last years finalists..


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  3. #128

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    pacers are a pretty cruel team to watch iyam.

  4. #129
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,934

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Only one team in the NBA has beaten the Celtics and the Lakers.

  5. #130
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,220

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Let's give JOB some props. I was tempted to throw him under the bus, too, after the 0-17 run at the end of the third.

    Nice to be on the other side of giving up a big lead.

    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  6. #131
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    w00t!
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  7. #132
    Member NorCal_Pacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,919

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Damn, wish it wouldn't have been blacked out! Nice win against what was a 14-1 Lakers!
    :thepacers
    No Linking to your own site if it sells something.

  8. #133
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Not a bad night. We've beat both teams that made the Finals last year, DG outscored Kobe, and the Lakers now have their first road loss of the season.

  9. #134
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    that MAY be the worst game winning shot in NBA history!

  10. #135
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,786

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    can't we just get rid of these granger and murphy jokers? worthless unclutch ****ers...

  11. #136
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that MAY be the worst game winning shot in NBA history!

  12. #137
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Nice victory. Let's hope they keep it going.

  13. #138
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,934

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's give JOB some props. I was tempted to throw him under the bus, too, after the 0-17 run at the end of the third.

    Nice to be on the other side of giving up a big lead.

    Yeah, he won't get any criticism from me tonight. I mean...no, nevermind, someone else will say it.

    PACERS WIN!
    SHUT UP GARY PAYTON!

  14. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    good game..........second lost for the lakers...........are you f***** kidding me?

  15. #140
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you disagree? Dont get me wrong Im all about this win, but if you can replay that last shot and tell me you think it was a high percentage shot?

  16. #141
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Danny Granger: what an incredible coup on draft night.

  17. #142
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    The fact that Marquis reversed that lay-up for absolutely no reason cannot go unmentioned. What the hell was that? He should have won the game on an uncontested lay-up plus the harm.

    Good stuff by Murphy on a broken play that led to a hustle/muscle tip in...but still. Golly gee, Quisy. Take the lay-up.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  18. #143
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,220

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you disagree? Dont get me wrong Im all about this win, but if you can replay that last shot and tell me you think it was a high percentage shot?
    It was a tip.

    Quis took the shot. It was a good look for him . . . usually. But it looked terrible that time.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  19. #144
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,701

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Great playcalling by the Denari/Buckner duo for that play too. I just TIVO'ed that.

    How can you not root for these guys? Lot of heart.

  20. #145
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you disagree? Dont get me wrong Im all about this win, but if you can replay that last shot and tell me you think it was a high percentage shot?
    It was ugly as hell, I still don't have a ton of faith in O'Brien and I've never been a big Murphy fan, but hell, a win is a win with this team and I'm happy we beat the best team in the league.

    I'll worry about overanalyzing flukey plays during the next five game losing streak.

  21. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    thats is a reason why the need to play the bench more..............JOB did a good job tonight

  22. #147
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you disagree? Dont get me wrong Im all about this win, but if you can replay that last shot and tell me you think it was a high percentage shot?
    Tonight, it was.

  23. #148
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,934

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that Marquis reversed that lay-up for absolutely no reason cannot go unmentioned. What the hell was that? He should have won the game on an uncontested lay-up plus the harm.

    Good stuff by Murphy on a broken play that led to a hustle/muscle tip in...but still. Golly gee, Quisy. Take the lay-up.
    Yeah, that's a good question. I'm not mad at Marquis (because we won), but what the heck?

  24. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Age
    42
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Who's still claiming Troy Murphy is worthless?

  25. #150
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: 12/02/2008 Game Thread #17: Pacers vs Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that Marquis reversed that lay-up for absolutely no reason cannot go unmentioned. What the hell was that? He should have won the game on an uncontested lay-up plus the harm.

    Good stuff by Murphy on a broken play that led to a hustle/muscle tip in...but still. Golly gee, Quisy. Take the lay-up.
    I think Quisy trying to balance his missed threes with missed bunnies. Love the defense he played tonight, and I definitely want him to succeed, but holy **** does he make me nervous.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
  2. Game Thread: Pacers vs Knicks
    By aceace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
  3. 03/15/2008 Game Thread 66: Pacers at Magic
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
  4. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 07:08 AM
  5. 01/13/2008 Game Thread 39: Pacers at Warriors
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •