Thread: Lets get one thing straight about Reggie

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lets get one thing straight about Reggie

He and Michael Jordan had some monster battles and Reg used to defend him as well as ANYONE in the league. BELIVE IT OR NOT !!!!!
    No offense, but a guy by the name of Joe Dumars defended him better than anyone in the NBA.

Reggie was a decent defender in his prime, but not THAT great....

BTW, paragraph spacing is your friend.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

It's not that Reggie doesn't try... he's just not a good defender at this stage in his career.

He really wasn't ever a good defender. He was underrated, but that just meant he was decent instead of mediocre.

What he did do well was tire guys out on offense. But that's not the same as being good at defense.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

As are uncluttered signature areas.

It's funny because it's true, Kstat.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It's not that Reggie doesn't try... he's just not a good defender at this stage in his career.

He really wasn't ever a good defender. He was underrated, but that just meant he was decent instead of mediocre.

What he did do well was tire guys out on offense. But that's not the same as being good at defense.
    agreed, but again he matched up well with MJ.
    I think we have different memories. I remember MJ repeatedly torching Reggie 5 years ago. Or did you mean earlier?

Enjoy your time at PD!

He and Michael Jordan had some monster battles and Reg used to defend him as well as ANYONE in the league. BELIVE IT OR NOT !!!!!
    No offense, but a guy by the name of Joe Dumars defended him better than anyone in the NBA.

Thats what happens when you have to clutter your avatar and sig all in the same area since the site doesnt allow you avatar space.....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Thats what happens when you have to clutter your avatar and sig all in the same area since the site doesnt allow you avatar space.....
    BS

the site does, the size of your "avatar" however is outside the restrictions set to avatars.

(no in Kb's though it's close but in dimensions)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

BS

the site does, the size of your "avatar" however is outside the restrictions set to avatars.

(no in Kb's though it's close but in dimensions)
    Able, I've used every convievable size of avatar. The site simply does not accept them from me.

I've been through this with Hicks 76579234 times. Its the site's fault, not mine.

are you really sure about that or have you simply asked the wrong person ?

Kstat, you need to say it correctly, though. It's not the site (which is able's server), it's this forum, which is seperate software that's simply hosted on the server.

are you really sure about that or have you simply asked the wrong person ?
    able, I have no doubt that YOU could use the pic in an avatar, the forum SIMPLY DOES NOT ACCEPT THEM FROM ME. Do you honestly think I havent used avatars within the limts yet?

I've used every type of picture file, every type of SIZE.

It simply doesnt work for me, among others. I recall a few other guys here arent allowed them either.

no idea what browser you use, but if it's mozilla, i used that just now.
    take the one I'm now using and it works.

I have no special tricks on this board, I am not an admin or anything, I am just a user, my "only" power is I can move pics to the server that I link in my posts.

download the pic i now use as avatar:
    profile: avatar: browse to where it is stored on your puter, click submit: done

that is what i did, using mozilla 1.6

don't blame servers, they do nothing wrong, it is always the people that interact with it.

I heart Reggie Miller.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heart Reggie Miller.
    Actually, Reggie has not always been a good defender up until the last couple of years.

Reggie was not a good defender until Larry Brown arrived in Indy. After that he became a much better than average defender, although not a great defender.

And, I think that lasted until a couple of years ago.

I heart Reggie Miller.
    Actually, Reggie has not always been a good defender up until the last couple of years.

Reggie was not a good defender until Larry Brown arrived in Indy. After that he became a much better than average defender, although not a great defender.

And my quote was disagreeing with you?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I heart Reggie Miller.

Could that be because the Pacers "as team" never played defense till Larry Brown arrived.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"