Thread: We dealing the 29th?

Default We dealing the 29th?

Web Page Name

Web Page Name

Notice that we have worked out guys who won't be drafted in the first round, maybe not at all.

Guys like Kenny Lowe, Odell Bradley.

We have/going workout some who might go in the first, Kevin Martin, He-Siu-Jungi, Ricky Minard, I think.

I think something's going down. May not be big but I don't see who we're drafting unless Bird has his heart set on a select few.

Default Re: We dealing the 29th?

We don't announce who we work out. Therefore, these few named here are ones that let it be known that Indiana worked them out, probably in hopes of improving their stock. We've supposedly worked out 20+ guys, so don't worry, I'm sure we've seen better guys than what's listed.

That said, I would be happy as a clam if we got rid of the pick. Yeah, I know there have been gems to fall to the end of the first round, but this year's field is so damn awful, I don't want any part of this draft whatsoever.

But then, I'm the one who said I'd be happy if we didn't have another rookie on the roster for 10 years, but that's just me.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Considering our pick is #29...that is just as good as a second round pick.

I highly doubt Larry and Donnie are banking on our pick as being the key piece to a trade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the Pacers 2nd round pick carried more value last year than the #29 does this year.....THATS how weak I think this draft is.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Pacers looking at all options.

I wouldn't put much stock into which players we work out. Remember, we didn't work out Freddie Jones and he ended up being the guy we wanted all along.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I wouldn't put much stock into which players we work out. Remember, we didn't work out Freddie Jones and he ended up being the guy we wanted all along.

That's true.

I still remember yelling who the hell is that when his name was called.

I hated that pick.

Now I love it.

That's true.

I still remember yelling who the hell is that when his name was called.

I hated that pick.

Now I love it.
    Same here. I've had that kind of reaction to a lot of things the Pacers have done, but I almost always end up loving it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope we give the pick away to the Bobcats... ed:
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

are you sure about that? i could have sworn i read somewhere that one reason isiah wanted fred so bad was his mind blowing athletic display during a workout.

are you sure about that? i could have sworn i read somewhere that one reason isiah wanted fred so bad was his mind blowing athletic display during a workout.
    That's right. We may have worked him out twice, actually.

What impressed Thomas was the "one dribble then dunk" test. Evidently Fred started really far our on the floor, took his dribble, and slammed it from long range. Zeke and Walsh felt that our biggest weakness as a team was somebody who could create and drive, and that's why they went for Jones instead of Rush.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I Fred's game
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I remember seeing a list of guys the Pacers had worked out, and Freddie not being on the list. When we took him, I shouted "Who the hell is that!!??" and threw my hamburger at the tv. [I picked it up and ate it]

I remember seeing a list of guys the Pacers had worked out, and Freddie not being on the list. When we took him, I shouted "Who the hell is that!!??" and threw my hamburger at the tv. [I picked it up and ate it]
    Better hope no PETA members are around.

Better hope no PETA members are around.
    You know what's really scary? I live within 2 miles of the PETA headquarters []. They're right on the Elizabeth river, and sometimes I like to go out fishing in my boat and at them.

Sports Logo

When they took Fred he said he was suprised that the Pacers took him because his first workout for them was really bad. But they had invited him back for a second one that went well.

When they took Fred he said he was suprised that the Pacers took him because his first workout for them was really bad. But they had invited him back for a second one that went well.
    Isiah definitely wanted the more athletic, drive to the hoop player. I think if Bird was here, he might have taken Rush. But credit Thomas for picking the better player.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.