Thread: USA Today, AP, Houston Chronicle say McGrady to the Rockets is "close"

Default USA Today, AP, Houston Chronicle say McGrady to the Rockets is "close"

See maybe those reports last Friday were correct.

I think we can say this will happen, the handwriting is on the wall, in clear letters

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...cis-tmac_x.htm

Deal to send Francis to Magic near: agent says

HOUSTON (AP) Houston Rockets point guard Steve Francis could soon be traded to the Orlando Magic for Tracy McGrady, the Houston Chronicle reported in its online edition Monday night.
    Jeff Fried, Francis' agent, told the newspaper that Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson told him the trade was not complete but was close.

"I spoke to Carroll and it was not a done deal," Fried said. "It's close. It's subject to a few contingencies."

He said for the deal to work there will need to be some maneuvering involving Tuesday's expansion draft. The newspaper reported the deal also could include Rockets Kelvin Cato and Cuttino Mobley and bring forward Juwan Howard from the Magic. It said other than Francis and McGrady, players involved could change depending on salary-cap requirements that were still uncertain.

Magic spokesman Joel Glass said Monday that the team has no comment on the report.

Francis wants to remain in Houston.

"I thought we were really building something, something very good in Houston," Francis said. "Obviously that's not the direction they want to go. I still think we could be a very good team.

"I'm not crying. Like I told you before, I know this is a business. Things like that happen. I'm not mad. I'm not upset. This is what they're trying to do. But like I said, I still think we could be something."

Francis wouldn't comment about the possibility of going to the Magic.

Fried told the newspaper that Francis wasn't happy about the prospects of playing for the Magic in a rebuilding situation.

"Steve's preference is to not go to Orlando," Fried said. "Steve's tasted the playoffs. (The Rockets) got a series under their belts. He was looking forward to going further with the same Rockets team but with another year of experience together. This is certainly not his preference. He loves Houston."

Francis has averaged 19.3 points, 6.4 assists and 6.1 rebounds in five seasons with the Rockets.

McGrady led the NBA in scoring the past two seasons, averaging 28 points per game last season.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: USA Today, AP, Houston Chronicle say McGrady to the Rockets is "close&

At least we drove up the price!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: USA Today, AP, Houston Chronicle say McGrady to the Rockets is "close&

There was a reporter on ESPN News Earlier from the Hounston Chronicle and he pretty much said it's a done deal and they just need to iron out a few things .

At least we drove up the price!
    Not Really. IMO.

Prediction: If this trade goes down, Orlando will finish with the better record than the Rockets.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Prediction: If this trade goes down, Orlando will finish with the better record than the Rockets.
    prediction: If the Rockets can team together Yao Ming AND Tracy McGrady, Hicks, UncleBuck and myself could fill out the starting 5 and Houston would STILL have a better record than the Magic.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

prediction: If the Rockets can team together Yao Ming AND Tracy McGrady, Hicks, UncleBuck and myself could fill out the starting 5 and Houston would STILL have a better record than the Magic.
    Who's going to play point for Houston? Lue, if he's in the trade? Or Mark Jackson?

Who's going to play point for Houston? Lue, if he's in the trade? Or Mark Jackson?
    Houston is trading Piatkowski to Cleveland for Kevin Ollie.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Houston is trading Piatkowski to Cleveland for Kevin Ollie.

This is an NBA forum too; any trades you think are really gonna happen, let's see some threads on them!

Yeah, I remember when re-signing Brad Miller was a done deal last year... ed:

I'll believe nothing till i see it.

Houston should make a run at a certain Laker.

I mean, TMac and Kobe are twins anyway, so if Fish can play with Kobe, he can play with TMac.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Houston also has plans to woo Brent Barry (general consensus at clutch city).

I think there's more interest in Barry than Fisher.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)