Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have officially lost all faith in JOB

Default I have officially lost all faith in JOB

he simply cannot coach a team in the crunch - plain and simple.

i cannot understand why he makes so many adjustments in the final 2-3 mins. especially after we go on a 8-0 run. he takes out the guys who are leading the charge.

foster was playing great against dirk and pulling down boards - in comes rasho.

ford is getting into the paint, getting to the line, and making FT's - in comes jack.

it blows my mind.

we have watched this team throw away lead after lead and game after game. eventually you have to look at our coaching.

ever notice we rarely if ever get a bucket in the crunch coming out of a TO??

Next stop June 2015

Default Re: I have officially lost all faith in JOB

Nice guy, but I never have believed in his philosophies as they are displayed on the court. I hope the best for him, but his days are numbered. Maybe another year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome to the bandwagon. You can have shotgun.

Not the actual shotgun. That's mine.

Banned

JOB sucks he does not know what to do in the last minutes. get eddie jordan or another coach

Next stop June 2015

I think one of our issues has been mobility and/or a presence at the PF position. We also lack a great creator on offense. I think these two issues are biting us at the end of games...one on D, the other on O.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JOB sucks he does not know what to do in the last minutes. get eddie jordan or another coach
    Oh my Lord, no. Both Uncle Buck and I would probably go into simultaneous seizures.

Ford should have stayed in the game at the end. I understand putting in Jack when the we have a pretty decent lead and all you want to do it maintain strong defense. But when we're losing and we needs to put points up, GET FORD ON AND JACK ON THE BENCH.

Rush did an amazing job today, he played well and finally showed us what kind of potential this kid has. His defense is absolutely amazing. His lateral quickness is great.

One aspect of our offense that really blows my mind is that fact that we have our C's at the top of the 3 point line. Whats the point of getting Rasho, Foster and Hibbert the ball up there? Everyone knows that they cant shoot 3's. I would understand if it were Murphy or if we had a C like Okur, but what are they other guys doing with the ball there? No one is going to guard them there, and no one does. If they were a threat to shoot, then I would see the point of giving them the ball there. But the opposing teams defense doesnt play them there and they just lay back near the paint.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I don't think tonight was the best example of his poor in-game decision-making, which will certainly take away from your general argument about his inability to manage a lead, but I agree with the basic premise that JO'B's coaching could be better.

Ford sat down because of a really dumb turnover. I don't think the player rotation had anything to do with the loss, the Mavs just hit some clutch shots.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Eddie Jordan???????????? WHAT?

If youre looking for a coach get Flip or Jeff Van Gundy. JVG has been one of my favorite coaches for the longest time, im so shocked to see him out of a coaching job for so long.

I remember we were trying to get Stan to coach Indy but he rejected. That would have been the best situation for us
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Eddie Jordan???????????? WHAT?

If youre looking for a coach get Flip or Jeff Van Gundy. JVG has been one of my favorite coaches for the longest time, im so shocked to see him out of a coaching job for so long.

I remember we were trying to get Stan to coach Indy but he rejected. That would have been the best situation for us

And neither of the Van Gundys want any part of us, remember?

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I don't think tonight was the best example of his poor in-game decision-making, which will certainly take away from your general argument about his inability to manage a lead, but I agree with the basic premise that JO'B's coaching could be better.
    Exactly how I see it. He did not have a bone-headed Philly coaching night. However, while some of this goes on the players, I don't see much of an end-game-plan being played out.

I agree his sub patterns are confusing! I saw TJ Ford taken out of this game at a point that made no sense! Also Murph and Rasho are playing too many minutes and look dead at the end of every game. We are also taking way to many jump shots again! We played much better when Roy was playing more and I think we could find a few minutes for Josh! Roy needs to be playing if this a rebuilding project and if it is not then get a finisher in here. I will be the first to say this I am sure but if Vince Carter is available we need to get him if we are playing to make the playoffs! Otherwise we need to be playing are young guys more because we already know what the others can do! Also we better do it fast because by the end of the year we will be at least 10 games under 500.

Banned

I was just trowing coaching names get anybody I'm done with JOB

Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    I agree his sub patterns are confusing! I saw TJ Ford taken out of this game at a point that made no sense! Also Murph and Rasho are playing too many minutes and look dead at the end of every game. We are also taking way to many jump shots again! We played much better when Roy was playing more and I think we could find a few minutes for Josh! Roy needs to be playing if this a rebuilding project and if it is not then get a finisher in here. I will be the first to say this I am sure but if Vince Carter is available we need to get him if we are playing to make the playoffs! Otherwise we need to be playing are young guys more because we already know what the others can do! Also we better do it fast because by the end of the year we will be at least 10 games under 500.
    You make good points, and I agree. It also doesn't help when the face of the franchise -- Granger -- plays with a bag over his head. The point is, it isn't because these guys are not used to playing together that they are losing some of these games -- they are getting outcoached. But I wasn't a big fan of JO'B in his previous jobs, either.

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    Ford sat down because of a really dumb turnover.
    Yeah, I've been meaning to bring that up since everyone seems to miss it.

Also, I don't like complaining about officiating, but Kidd's two 3s were clearly 2s. There's no contest here... the dude plainly had his foot on the line. And Danny's charge wasn't a charge. That's a lot of calls going against you in a short amount of time.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

And neither of the Van Gundys want any part of us, remember?
    When did we talk to JVG? I know before we got JOB we spoke to Stan he said that he didnt like the way Indy was run, theres too many people running the show here...and that was exactly what Marc Jackson said....what does that mean? With Walsh out, who knows, maybe things are different now?

Would it be profitable or tolerable to "release O'Brien of his duties" at this point of the season?

How expensive would it be and can we really afford it?

Another question is who is going to step in for Obie if we get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by FinPacers View Post
    Would it be profitable or tolerable to "release O'Brien of his duties" at this point of the season?

How expensive would it be and can we really afford it?

Another question is who is going to step in for Obie if we get rid of him?
    I was just thinking that also. What kind of contract did we give JOB (length and money wise)?

I think its too early to fire him. I think Bird will have to sit him down and definatley have a talk with him on his coaching decisions. But overall, its too early into the season. We did have some good games this season (ie. Boston). Give him until the All Star break, to the latest, and see how he coaches.

But what coaches are available? JVG? Flip?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Does anyone read my blog? LOL

I've made my point clear about O'Brien. I'm still not sold.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How I long for a winning season, where we smash opponents who need to be smashed. But, in the meantime, I got what I got. JOB is not the best coach in the league. He's got statistics-itis, and his in-game is average at best. But his strengths are what they are...game prep, game plan, seems to be a good organizer, players are happy.... To me, this year ( and maybe one more) tests his (sort of) franchise turnaround rep. If we improve records each year, keep him. We'd be stupid not to. If we don't improve, well, thanks for the try-out.

If we go from 36-46 to anywhere near .500, that's respectable. Hasn't happened yet, but JOB's not going anyplace in the middle of the season, I wouldn't think. If Mike comes back, rooks continue to develop, and we still bomb this year, then coach'll be gone as soon as Larry can make it happen, I'd think. But he'll get a fair chance before that.

My 2 cents.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I said the same thing on another board and got torn apart by everyone. Blew me away. Obie is an awful coach for this team.

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't say that part...about being an awful coach for this team. If you're talking about some other post, sorry.

the pacers have more problems than jim o'brien as their head coach

I was thinking tonight that this was a perfect team for Larry Brown to be coaching....

Probably just pain meds, lack of sleep, and watching that '94 semis closer against Atlanta talking.....

I'll leave it to someone else to tell us if the 2008 Larry Brown version is anything like the 1994 model.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden