Thread: Blue & Gold: Texas Two-Step

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Blue & Gold: Texas Two-Step

[This is actually featured on NBA.com/Pacers.com today...]

I was going to wait until after the Houston game to write this out, but I had to do it.

Believe it or not, there is a gleam of light in this darkness we call a 3-game losing streak. This gleam is known as Brandon Rush. Rush has shown us his career-best in the past two games, with the potential of making it three in a row tonight. Brandon has just come out of nowhere and really has lit it up offensively. Now if only we could get Hibbert more minutes.

As I stated earlier last week, too many people have written off Troy Murphy. Stop! He has put up some good numbers so far and only think he'll get better. I understand, but he is not the only player fading in the second half. I blame everyone.

We are getting some great looks at shots in the second half, but nothing seems to want to fall. In that, I say we need to drive to the basket more. I know that Jim O'Brien loves the long-range ball, but it never works. You need to adjust your strategy based on many factors:
    • opposing defense strength
    • size and speed of defense
    • team 2nd half FG % efficiency (us=bad)
    • ...and more
    I can go all Norman Dale all day long, this team just lacks fundamentals. I agree with the coach's philosophy of passing the ball, but you can't have a team that can't pass...well, pass. If anyone has noticed we have committed more turnovers by bad passes or deflections than anything else. (I don't have the stats, I call it like I see it.)

Coach O'Brien I think cannot work with just a three point offense like he has until Dunleavy comes back, if he comes back. I'm starting the get the "Colts" feeling with the whole Mike's knee situation. What are they not telling us, if they are not telling us everything?

Best-case scenario, I have a feeling that we are not going to succeed much more outside of the development of this team unless we do something about the way our offense is run. I don't know what it is, maybe teams have picked up on what we do, and just let us coast in the first half then slaughter us in the second. I don't believe that. Call me in denial.

I hate to just rag on a "developing" team. It seems to many like my expectations are high, but I'm like every sports fan and wants their team to win.

There has to be a silver lining here. I just hope that I see it soon.

http://www.indycornrows.com/

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300017880

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Blue & Gold: Texas Two-Step

Call me crazy but I would have rather seen what I saw from Brandon last night and lose the game than have seen him have a mediocre or worse outing followed by the Pacers pulling it out. Despite what the PR department says it really should matter little whether or not we make the playoffs next year, even though the playoffs would be a nice bonus. This team is developing and in transition and this is the year where players need to become more acclimated with each other in gametime situations while giving Brandon and Roy a little time to develop and contribute to our future success.

Mood

^^^

I know, I love seeing Brandon playing the way he has the past two games.

I just wish Hibbert would get more PT.

No reason Brandon shouldn't play 25 minutes a game minimum. I would play DG at the 3/4 and let Daniels and Rush split most the 2/backup 3 minutes.

I have not liked Ford and Jack on the court together as much as I thought I would. Jack just needs to be the backup PG, not really a sixth man.

When Dun gets back he needs to be our 6th man.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Dun gets back he needs to be our 6th man.
    I agree, then when he is close to 100%, he is back in our starting rotation.

Also, a top ten draft pick wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad. If we miss he playoffs again it will not matter, we will lose first round.

I say play the young guys big minutes, win the games you can and look to the future.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, a top ten draft pick wouldn't hurt my feelings too bad. If we miss he playoffs again it will not matter, we will lose first round.
    I hope you mean we trade for a good pick.

And making the playoffs is good. It matters. Even if we lose the first round.