Thread: Hicks, I think I just saw an Insider tab under the Pacers tab.

Default Hicks, I think I just saw an Insider tab under the Pacers tab.

Did I just see this and did it just go away?

Just curious.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

Their=shows ownership-'it is their house'
    They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hicks, I think I just saw an Insider tab under the Pacers tab.

Did I just see this and did it just go away?

Just curious.
    [color=red:104e10aa98]BANNED! [/color]
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

*edited my pissed off rant*

Look, you should have just clicked in here first and clicked on READ THIS FIRST before doing anything else.

You potentially could have blown this whole thing had kero not found your post early on to move it. This place is hidden from anyone we don't want to read it.

*edited my pissed off rant*

Look, you should have just clicked in here first and clicked on READ THIS FIRST before doing anything else.

You potentially could have blown this whole thing had kero not found your post early on to move it. This place is hidden from anyone we don't want to read it.
    My apologies to all. I just saw the tab under Pacers but didn't venture into it and read "read this first". Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"
    To=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (two, too) do not apply.

They're=they are
    There=many definitions-also known as the one to use when the other 2 (their, they're) do not apply

Sorry but it bugs me when these are used incorrectly when I read posts on PacersDigest.com.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Since our "full members" email didn't specifically address this little hiding place, we're all stumbling onto it "by accident" - if somebody goes directly from the PD home page to the Pacers board they'll never even see this.

Should a brief e-mail be sent to all the Full Members so they'll know this is here, even if they never choose to access it, just so "this" doesn't happen again? The language could be cryptic enough to say "check the x page for the 'Full Members' benefits.

Just a thought...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Since our "full members" email didn't specifically address this little hiding place, we're all stumbling onto it "by accident" - if somebody goes directly from the PD home page to the Pacers board they'll never even see this.

Should a brief e-mail be sent to all the Full Members so they'll know this is here, even if they never choose to access it, just so "this" doesn't happen again? The language could be cryptic enough to say "check the x page for the 'Full Members' benefits.

Just a thought...
    Something like that would be nice instead of getting comments like "Banned" and "my pissed off rant". I have to admit, I don't let my kids talk to me that way and I'm sure as hell not going to let people I don't even know talk to me like that. I think some of the young fellows on this board forget that not everyone is 19-20 years old.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"

They're=they are

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not every full member has access. Only the ones who are known and trusted, but I don't know how they want to handle all that. I can't speak for much else since I wasn't around when any of this happened, but the "banned" thing is a running joke around here. I guess it's more of an inside joke though apparently......

I'm the leader in bannings and I'm now on Triple-Double probation. Yeah it's just a joke... (at least it better be... )
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Not every full member has access. Only the ones who are known and trusted, but I don't know how they want to handle all that. I can't speak for much else since I wasn't around when any of this happened, but the "banned" thing is a running joke around here. I guess it's more of an inside joke though apparently......

I missed the joke, sorry. I appreciate that I'm trusted in here. If anyone wants to use my username and password for ESPN-you must be a TRUSTED member of Pacers Digest-just pm me and I'll send it along. Just don't make any changes to my personal pages (Pacers, Colts, Red Sox, Reds, Texas Tech, IU). It has links to national web sites discussing each of these teams-i.e. New York Post articles that have mention of Pacers in it, etc.
    Two=the number 2
    Too=means "also"

They're=they are

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Someone gave me access to Insider a while ago, but I appreciate the offer. I've been a subscriber to ESPN magazine since their first issue, but for some reason they won't give me acces to Insider despite having it. Oh well.
    I think it works 180 degrees in the opposite direction - if you're an Insider then you get ESPN the magazine for free. I think I pay a discounted rate for Insider, since I've been subscribed since essentially day one, but if you lose your current access you might want to look into reversing your subscription so you can get both (I don't know the inputs for the cost/ benefit analysis).
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you