Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Colts and Pacers fans

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Question for Colts and Pacers fans

Was having a recent discussion with a friend where my colts fandom was called into question (really annoying btw), cause I've just not been as excited to watch the Colts as I used to be but it has nothing to do with their W - L record. To me I'm happy that at least one of my favorite teams won a championship in my lifetime and not every fan of a team gets to enjoy something like that. I'm content with that and anything else is just icing on the cake in my eyes so their losses don't get me as down as they used to.

The Pacers however have been to the finals, and have had teams that had a good shot at getting back and winning it only to fall apart. They're also I believe starting to leave the past behind them and start moving forward.

So if you had a choice and since I'm not really sure how to or even if I can make a poll for this.

Would you rather see the Pacers win the NBA Finals or the Colts win another Super Bowl? I know in a perfect world both would happen but I'm just curious. If you don't mind would also like to hear your thoughts/comments on why you chose one or the other.

Default Re: Question for Colts and Pacers fans

As a ticket holder for both teams for decades, I also said I'd prefer an NBA title over the Super Bowl.

Colts loses still bother me. Colts fans moving on from the team are starting to scare me.

I'd choose the Pacers. In fact, I want the Colts to lose.

Pacers winning the NBA finals since they haven't won it and since there are still people that don't realize the pacers are improving.

Winning both would be best of course.

Pacer title.

Pacers for sure.
    Maybe a better question is, which one will do it next?
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

NBA title.

I am a Colts fan primarily because I like Dungy. Very, very cool guy. Maybe Manning too. Their offense is impressive, but I have always preferred a great defensive team. That goes for bball too. That's another reason I'm not high on the Colts. Too much finesse for me. I'd rather see a front-line of 300+ lb players steam rolling the opposition's offensive line.

NBA Title. It's much harder to win the NBA Title than a Super Bowl.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA title any day of the week. In fact I'd want 9 NBA titles before I wanted 1 Super Bowl.

The NBA is much more fun to watch, and I grew up with the Pacers and have never cared for the NFL that much even though I root for the Colts.

Indy is such a weak sports city in terms of fans though, ;(

Not really. The Colts are just now building a foundation. They've only been here for 25 years. That's just one generation. And they've sucked for about 15 of those years. With this success, there has been more diehard fans made, who will raise diehard fans. Most of the Colts fans now were raise either by Bears/Bengals fans, or by parents who weren't football fans at all.

The Pacers have the history here, and had the fan base until they pissed it away the past few years. They're slowly trickling back, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NBA title.

I am a Colts fan primarily because I like Dungy. Very, very cool guy. Maybe Manning too. Their offense is impressive, but I have always preferred a great defensive team. That goes for bball too. That's another reason I'm not high on the Colts. Too much finesse for me. I'd rather see a front-line of 300+ lb players steam rolling the opposition's offensive line.
    Maybe Manning? The guy's a once-in-a-lifetime player and a class act. Reggie will always be special in our hearts, but he was never at any time the best player in his league. Also, the Colts aren't what I'd call a finesse team. Too many opponents have made that same mistake.

woman without a team

Me personally I'm more of a football fan, but it would be nice if the Pacers won the title.

i wanna say the pacers...i'm more of a diehard pacers fan, and have been for longer...but at the same time the possibility of the pacers winning a title in the near future is so slim..i feel like i should say colts..2 super bowls in 3 years is still possible, and then people will start to think of the word "dynasty"

especially if this year's super bowl is manning vs. manning

A Pacer's/Colt's championship would be my ideal scenario. I want both to win it all every year honestly. I had given up on the Pacers for at least 2 maybe 3 seasons, almost ever since the brawl. I tried to be optimistic immediately after but my confidence fell out.

It wasn't until I saw Donnie Walsh go and Larry take over did I actually become optmistic.

Colts need another big win today! Time for redemption over SD tonight!

Looking at the Pacers though, we are playing like a top 5 team in the East, but we are blowing leads and loosing close games. It is a continuity problem. Look for this team to soar after the All-Star break. I'm not worried. I see a young team that is poised to progress over the course of this season and start closing out games. I'm still hoping for a 50 win season deep inside.

Quote Originally Posted by kidthecat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Manning? The guy's a once-in-a-lifetime player and a class act. Reggie will always be special in our hearts, but he was never at any time the best player in his league. Also, the Colts aren't what I'd call a finesse team. Too many opponents have made that same mistake.
    The Colts are small and speedy on defense, but have problems stopping the run against the best teams. I call that finesse. You are welcome to call it whatever you want.

...and I didn't mean to say I dislike Manning at all. IMO, Manning is the best professional athlete to ever play in Indy....and he's a great, charitible guy and class act, but not the main reason I like the Colts. I like the Colts because of Dungy. I like his style, what he projects...really everything.

football bores me, so I would much rather the Pacers win a title.

I want the Colts to win - mainly because I live in Indianapolis - if I moved to Seattle tomorrow, I wouldn't care at all about the Colts.

An NBA Championship would be fanstastic, but I just don't see it happening for a while, so I'd rather see Peyton win at least one more during his time in Indy. Just wish Reggie could've done the same.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I enjoy the success of both teams, but I consider myself more of a die hard for the Pacers and just a fan of the Colts. Obviously, a NBA title for the Pacers would mean that much more to me.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Pacers. I don't care for (American) football.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

As a big fan of both franchises, I want them both to win. If I had to choose, if would have to be the Colts. This is a team of HOFers whom won't be around forever.

While I would love for the Pacers to win it all, I feel like I'm still getting acquainted with this team, and I'm not that kind of guy.

Mood

Right now I'd rather have the Colts because they already have their "team". The Pacers still have some "tweaking" to finish their rebuilding. After the rebuilding phase is over I'd like a Pacers championship...It'd be their turn.

I would say pacers.. It would be a huge turnaround from all the crap we went through.. And colts have already won one.. Be nice to experience a Bball championship.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm a Pacers fan first and foremost, so a couple of years ago I would have said an NBA title, with a Super Bowl title being a very close second (and college bball #3; I've already witnessed one on my lifetime, or it would have been higher). Super Bowls bring much more national exposure and recognition than NBA titles.

Now that the Colts actually have won a Super Bowl, this is a really easy call. NBA all the way.

diehard fan of both. but i'd prefer the pacers win it all. simply CANNOT STAND the colts fanbase. nothing but bandwagon fans. pacers have their share of bandwagon fans too, but i don't think many professional teams can compete with the amount of bandwagon fans the colts have.

"The only thing worse than having lots of bandwagon fans . . .

is not having lots of bandwagon fans."

Last edited by Putnam; 11-25-2008 at 03:24 PM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)