Thread: Ok This Started To Get Annoying!

Default Ok This Started To Get Annoying!

the game against heat was broadcasted at 5.30 am (it was not live) in the morning in my country. so i get up to watch to game and go back to sleep after first half happy about the way we play. then i wake up in the morning log onto internet to see we blew another lead higher than 10 (it was 15 at some point i remember) it looks like this is starting to be habit for this team. we must learn how to close out games asap or this season ain't gonna be pretty for us.

Default Re: Ok This Started To Get Annoying!

Its also annoying when you sit 5 rows behind the pacers and they wont sit the **** down and block the entire 4th quarter. Especially when they blow a big lead at the only game I can go to all season.

Dunleavy needs to rest his ****ing knee instead of standing up the whole god damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunleavy needs to rest his ****ing knee instead of standing up the whole god damn game.
    when is he coming back? i hope he doesn't turn into new jo for this team.

I dunno, I didn't talk to them except to yell at them to sit down.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    the game against heat was broadcasted at 5.30 am (it was not live) in the morning in my country. so i get up to watch to game and go back to sleep after first half happy about the way we play. then i wake up in the morning log onto internet to see we blew another lead higher than 10 (it was 15 at some point i remember)
    I know the EXACT same feeling, dude .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

sweabs

Its also annoying when you sit 5 rows behind the pacers and they wont sit the **** down and block the entire 4th quarter. Especially when they blow a big lead at the only game I can go to all season.

There needs to be a rule implemented that prohibits players from doing this.

Sorry to hear about that.

Aw, life must be terrible.

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelz View Post
    Aw, life must be terrible.
    Unless you're okay with paying hundreds of dollars to see the backs of some very large people, it does kind of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    Unless you're okay with paying hundreds of dollars to see the backs of some very large people, it does kind of suck.
    Get different seats then.

Don't whine to me about how badly your "hundreds" of dollars are being spent, cuz you're not getting much sympathy here. I'd be happy enough to be at a game, let alone physically sit that close to our beloved players. But hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't whine to me about how badly your "hundreds" of dollars are being spent, cuz you're not getting much sympathy here. I'd be happy enough to be at a game, let alone physically sit that close to our beloved players. But hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.
    This sounds familiar.

woman without a team

My different seats are at home. I like them very much. So does my bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    My different seats are at home. I like them very much. So does my bank account.
    Same here.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

So, because you can't or won't pay that sort of money for those seats they can't complain about not seeying the game, because some players choose to stand the whole game? That's pretty absurd and reaks a little of jealousy to me . So, what am I missing here? Because if I paid a lot of money for those seats or not... I came to SEE the game and not a couple of backs...

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Caveat Emptor!

I'm sympathetic to any complaint about loud and annoying music, lengthy TV time-outs that disrupt the game flow, even cheerleaders -- anything that distracts from the game. But the players and coaches have to be allowed to stand, pace, jump, wave their arms or do whatever they need to do to stay involved in the game.

The fans in the $25 balcony seats are allowed to stand when they want to, even to the displeasure of the people above them. That is the nature of attending a public spectator event. Spending the extra money for courtside seats entitles the fan to sit in a particular seat, but it doesn't entitle him to dictate the bahavior of the people around him, and certainly doesn't entitle him to interfere with the players or coaches. Sorry.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post

But the players and coaches have to be allowed to stand, pace, jump, wave their arms or do whatever they need to do to stay involved in the game.

Spending the extra money for courtside seats entitles the fan to sit in a particular seat, but it doesn't entitle him to dictate the bahavior of the people around him, and certainly doesn't entitle him to interfere with the players or coaches. Sorry.

I understand both your statements and can't disagree. BUT when one pays major bucks to have a good seat, they are entitled to SEE the game from the seat they paid for!

If I was cgg, I'd contact the team office and state my complaint. I'd ask them what they intend doing to about it as a good will gesture. My guess is they will offer you something for your inconveince. I'm bold enough to ask it to be for the next game the Pacers play in Miami, since that's who you went to see in the 1st place. Not to mention that the Pacers aren't a big drawing team for them to have to worry about losing a ticket sale. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    If I was cgg, I'd contact the team office and state my complaint. I'd ask them what they intend doing to about it as a good will gesture.
    This may be a good idea, and I wish cgg luck with it. It is always a good idea to tell any company that you weren't satisfied. The Pacers didn't sell the ticket, but they might do something to retain and strengthen his support.

I just want to repeat that the ticket entitles a person to sit in a particular seat, and that is just about all. I don't think there is any basis for claiming that a ticketholder is entitled to an unobstructed view, no matter what they paid. Heck, it might be argued that cgg DID have an unobstructed view . . . of Mike Dunleavy's thinning hairline.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Caveat Emptor!

I'm sympathetic to any complaint about loud and annoying music, lengthy TV time-outs that disrupt the game flow, even cheerleaders -- anything that distracts from the game. But the players and coaches have to be allowed to stand, pace, jump, wave their arms or do whatever they need to do to stay involved in the game.
    The fans in the $25 balcony seats are allowed to stand when they want to, even to the displeasure of the people above them. That is the nature of attending a public spectator event. Spending the extra money for courtside seats entitles the fan to sit in a particular seat, but it doesn't entitle him to dictate the bahavior of the people around him, and certainly doesn't entitle him to interfere with the players or coaches. Sorry.
    I can stand and look over the people in front of me. I can't stand and look over Roy Hibbert.

I understand both your statements and can't disagree. BUT when one pays major bucks to have a good seat, they are entitled to SEE the game from the seat they paid for!

If I was cgg, I'd contact the team office and state my complaint. I'd ask them what they intend doing to about it as a good will gesture. My guess is they will offer you something for your inconveince. I'm bold enough to ask it to be for the next game the Pacers play in Miami, since that's who you went to see in the 1st place. Not to mention that the Pacers aren't a big drawing team for them to have to worry about losing a ticket sale. JMOAA
    Unfortunately that's the only game in Miami this year.

...And the only game I can see this year. I even had league pass last year but the quality was horrible and not worth watching.

I can understand the complaint about not getting to see very well, but I would personally rather the players stand and be cheering on their teammates and be emotionally involved rather than sitting on the bench doing crosswords if they aren't playing.

It is a tough call, and I'm not gonna say I don't have sympathy for you, cgg. It would be aggravating. I must admit though, that I choose to not sit that close because of that very reason. The angles for viewing and photography are much better in club level, so we prefer to sit there.

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

I just want to repeat that the ticket entitles a person to sit in a particular seat, and that is just about all. I don't think there is any basis for claiming that a ticketholder is entitled to an unobstructed view, no matter what they paid.

I totally disagree! The reason one buys a ticket as close to the court as possible is so they can see the game better! Seeing the backside of the players and coaches who are standing up isn't what cgg bought the ticket to see. I can understand his extreme disappointment and frustration.

I totally disagree! The reason one buys a ticket as close to the court as possible is so they can see the game better! Seeing the backside of the players and coaches who are standing up isn't what cgg bought the ticket to see. I can understand his extreme disappointment and frustration.
    Of course, anybody who's been to a game knows that "front row seats" are often obstructed and have limited sight lines. A few years back I worked for a company that had 4 floor seats (at MSA), starting at the baseline directly across from the visitor's bench. They also had 4 seats directly behind that, but in row J. I had the option of taking the seats about a half dozen different times. I took the floor seats for two regular season games and a preseason game. For the three playoff games, I took row J. Why? Because the floor seats were better for the experience, and the row J seats are better for watching the game.

Sitting on the floor, you had a lot of trouble seeing down to the other end, and there was a ref or player in your sightline probably about 80% of the time. Row J was a perfect, unfettered view. The floor seats (at that time) were $200-225, while row J was somewhere in the $70-80 range.

If somebody is getting as close to the floor as possible to try to see the game better, they're making a mistake. Though not on the scale of football, basketball needs perspective and distance to see the whole thing. A guy sitting in the front row may have a spectacular view of a small portion of the floor, but the guy sitting 10-15 rows up at midcourt has a far better vantage point for watching the game.

Plus, I agree with heywoode:

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode
    I can understand the complaint about not getting to see very well, but I would personally rather the players stand and be cheering on their teammates and be emotionally involved rather than sitting on the bench doing crosswords if they aren't playing.

woman without a team

I can stand and look over the people in front of me. I can't stand and look over Roy Hibbert.

I'm 5' 2". I can't even look over Spud Webb.

sweabs

If the players are standing up and cheering on their teammates after a nice play or something along those lines, then so be it.

It's when they're standing for minutes at a time that needs to be addressed. It often happens at the start of games or towards the end of games.