Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

Default JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

did you guys hear about this? Hes going to have an MRI soon. Its reported that he has a strained left knee. Im happy we got rid of him. Ford looks real nice this season.

TORONTO - Raptors forward Jermaine O'Neal strained his left knee when he was pulled down on a flagrant foul by New Jersey's Sean Williams in the fourth quarter Friday night.

O'Neal, who is averaging 13.5 points and 9.5 rebounds, stayed down for a minute before walking gingerly to the bench. He returned after a timeout but missed both free throws before being replaced by Kris Humphries and hobbling into the locker-room alongside the trainer. A team official said O'Neal would undergo further tests.

Williams appeared to yank the bottom of O'Neal's jersey as O'Neal was going up for a shot under the basket early in the fourth. O'Neal fell back awkwardly, clutching at his left thigh, above a brace he wears on the knee.

O'Neal missed 40 games last season because of lingering pain from a torn ligament in his left knee that was surgically repaired the previous summer. He joined Toronto in an off-season trade that sent guard T.J. Ford to Indiana.
    http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=256776&l...opRelated_main
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will no longer be taking any entries for "most classless post of the year." We have a winner.

Thanks for playing.

A little off topic here, you guys have to see the highlights from the Nets and Raps game. WOW .... There is so much hate there for Carter because of their past....WATCH THE HIGH LIGHTS
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

sweabs

Does this really warrant its own thread? TJ could go down to injury tomorrow night for all we know. Injuries happen; and to claim that the trade is now in our favour because of an injury (which, for all we know, could be nothing - and I hope that is the case), is ludicrous.

I won't even get into those who take a perverse joy out of seeing someone injured.

I think it warrants a thread for those interested in keeping up w/ JO. It's too bad that it attracts dudes like Jon T. who foam at the mouth over this kind of thing.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Gotta Play Big

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    Let's just say I have been pleased JO lives in another country. However, I would never wish harm on him or any person. That is a disgusting comment and you should be ashamed.

With that out of the way....

I have looked at JO's performances the last three years...and there is a pattern. In the fall time period, he has played substantially better than after the new year. His rebounding numbers had been up and have been up in previous Novembers. I have a theory. I think JO's body simply cannot handle the rigors of the NBA and this pattern will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    Does this really warrant its own thread? TJ could go down to injury tomorrow night for all we know. Injuries happen; and to claim that the trade is now in our favour because of an injury (which, for all we know, could be nothing - and I hope that is the case), is ludicrous.

I won't even get into those who take a perverse joy out of seeing someone injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I think it warrants a thread for those interested in keeping up w/ JO. It's too bad that it attracts dudes like Jon T. who foam at the mouth over this kind of thing.
    Does this topic warrant a thread? Definately. I think its good to keep up with former players of the Pacers. Players like Reggie and JO should be constantly updated.

I was actually kind of shocked to read that post by Jon Theodore, especially on this board. The reason why I prefer this board over others, is that people are more mature here and posts like that are not very common. What Jon Theodore posted is common on other boards, but should not be tolerated here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Let's just say I have been pleased JO lives in another country. However, I would never wish harm on him or any person. That is a disgusting comment and you should be ashamed.
    Ya, that's my thoughts.. When I first saw it i was like "Haha, he's not on our team anymore".. Then I thought for a second and was like, "wait, that wasn't cool, he's a good guy, I wouldn't really want him to get injured."

Well, he lasted longer than I thought he would. He'll now be playing every other game and sitting out the rest with a "sore knee." I don't have anything personal against JO but the guy is a gigantic liability relative to his contract (at least he was for us, but apparently he makes financial sense for Toronto for 2010).
    Last edited by idioteque; 11-22-2008 at 01:13 AM.

He should just say forget it and call it quits. His body obviously can't take it so he should stop before he really messes something up. He has turned into Jonathan Bender. I still cringe when I hear that name, thinking of how amazing he could have been, but his body just sucked. *he was my fav. player*

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

^^^
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    OMG are you serious? Youre digging yourself a bigger hole.

WIth the Pacers, JO averaged 20/10 almost 6 seasons with the Pacers. Was a 6 times all-start (I think) with the Pacers. Led them to 61 wins...the list can go on. He was once a cadidate for MVP.

Im sure you could think of a worse Pacer of all time
    ^^^
    And this.

Injuries happen. T.J., Hibbert, and Rasho could have a three-man collision tomorrow that takes all three of them out for the season. Then who would have "won" the trade?

This has turned out to be an excellent trade for both teams, IMO (as long as T.J. stays healthy ).

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This kind of stinks. I wanted to see him back and how he'd play against us.

Just earlier tonight I was telling my friend how well he was playing so far, too.

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This kind of stinks. I wanted to see him back and how he'd play against us.

Just earlier tonight I was telling my friend how well he was playing so far, too.
    Ya I know. The fans in T.O. love JO and what he brings. What Raps mainly lacked was interior defense and JO provided that. A lot of them are upset to hear this news.

I also wanted to JO play against the Pacers. We play Toronto a few times this season. The first game is Dec 10th, then Jan 16th (in Indy), then a few more times after that...

Hopefully JO will be healthy in Jan

damn that sucks... I hope it's not too bad.

Ya almost had to see this coming though. JO just has bad knees it seems. I hope he can come back and have a good season still, but I'm not holding my breath.. and if the past is any indication he is gonna miss 20-30 and games or so along with not being able to practice the rest of the year because of the knee issues. That or he will try to play injured and just hurt himself more while being a liability on the court.

At least that is what happened when he was on our team.

Mood

I hope JO is healthy by January. His return to Conseco is the day before my birthday and it'd be like a gift from the NBA to see the Pacers blow the Jermaine-ified Raptors off the court
    Pacers,baby!

While I'm not happy that JO was hurt, I am glad that his season is going pretty much exactly like his last three or so seasons here.

Mood

Its never cool when people get injured.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    Not cool at all!

Be upset with the guy because he was often injured while a Pacers, but you shouldn't take joy in someone else's agony.

I, for one, was just hoping JO wouldn't suffer any major injury this early in the season if at all. Of course, deep down inside I knew it was just a matter of time before he'd be back on the IL. Still, I hope his injury isn't too bad and that he'll be back out on the court sooner rather than later.

He wasn't the best leader this team has ever had and it's clear to me now that his importance here from an offensive standpoint was way over inflated, but you can never discount the man's passion for the game.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 11-22-2008 at 10:43 AM.

I think big stories on Jermaine deserve their own thread. He is a 6-time All-Star who helped lead the Pacers to the best record in franchise history and was voted one of the top 3 Pacers of all time by fans.

I also think he deserves way more respect than this. I think the guy's post should be deleted.

This sucks. He was starting to play well. But the way he fell on that made me say "Dammmmmnnn." It was sorta gross. I'm not a doctor, but I'm guessing he's missing at least a week on that.

Get well soon, Jermaine.

Meanwhile....Vince. Holy Wow. That definitely made me say "Daaaaammmmmmmnnnnnn." 2nd best walk-off of the year after Brandon Roy. And wouldn't ya know it...the local broadcast is showing a replay currently. Sweet.

EDIT: Just saw the JO injury in the game. Still looks bad and he rolled for a while and was laid out on the court for about 90 seconds but he did walk off by himself. Additionally, Sean Williams yanked dude's jersey and pulled him back to cause the awkward landing/hyperextension. He got a flagrant 1.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 11-22-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Gotta Play Big

If you can stomach it, here is a link to the Toronto clip showing JO's injury. It appears to be the same knee that was bent backwards...if you recall. Here it looks like it was bent sideways. I hope the best for him, but at his age and with the mileage on his body, I think he should retire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_y...112128&prov=ap

Vince Carter had an amazing game last night.

Scratch what I said about that "2nd best walk-off" nonsense. This was WAAAAAAAY better. I didn't realize Vince hit the 30-foot three to send it into overtime in the first place. Just sensational. Nets were down seven in regulation until Vince hit a three. Then he got another lay up and then that crazy three.

Plus he was killer all overtime. Then the dunk walk-off.

WOW. What a game from Mr. Carter. Just utterly sen-*******-sational.

Devin Harris is also really ****ing good (30 points...loads of clutch, minus one free-throw). So is Jose (26/15...mucho clutcho tambien).

And, oh yeah, CB4 dropped 42/9 and stuck a HUUUUGE three with 5 seconds left in OT. And Andre Bargnani chipped in with a career-high 29 points.

Game of the year so far. Easily.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 11-22-2008 at 11:50 AM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

That injury looked bad. His knee bent sideways, which is never good, especially considering the history of issues he's had with that particular knee.

"That looks like a monther."

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    That injury looked bad. His knee bent sideways, which is never good, especially considering the history of issues he's had with that particular knee.

"That looks like a monther."
    Yeah, if he hadn't already been wearing that heavy knee brace, I shudder to think at what it could have been. Livingston II?

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Putting the sort of posts already in this thread aside its quite unfortunate for the Raps.

If JO misses games and Jawai still out with his heart the Raps are falling short in the big inside presence area.

Get well boys, your team needs you..

On a side note, I can't watch the yahoo video cos it's restricted in my area. I hate when that happens.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL