Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Sideshow from "JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets"

  1. #1
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Sideshow from "JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets"

    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  2. #2
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    We will no longer be taking any entries for "most classless post of the year." We have a winner.

    Thanks for playing.

  3. #3
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    C'mon man that was a little uncalled for. While JO was here he showed a lot of professionalyism. He wanted out of Indy for so long but did not go public with it. Thats one thing Ill give him respect for. If he went public and considering all his injury problems, we would have never got Ford, Rasho and 1st rounder
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  4. #4
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will no longer be taking any entries for "most classless post of the year." We have a winner.

    Thanks for playing.
    Agreed.

  5. #5
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.
    I'll let this stay un-deleted so people can see what the fuss is about, but I don't want to see this become a trend. If it does become a trend, I will ask you to leave. Classless post.

  6. #6
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Originally Posted by Jon Theodore
    haha i love seeing JO get hurt it makes me sooooo happy. If he is out for a long time I might be able to forget about this ridic pace loss tonight.



    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We will no longer be taking any entries for "most classless post of the year." We have a winner.

    Thanks for playing.
    X 10!!!

    You have to be a real DK to post that!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  7. #7
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,136

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    X 10!!!

    You have to be a real DK to post that!
    Yes, I think he is drunk....

  8. #8
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,302

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Don't drink and post dude.

  9. #9
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Theodore is being given enough line to hang himself.

  10. #10

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets


  11. #11
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    have you guys seen the south park episode where craig keeps saying certain things would make him "soooo happy"

    thats how i feels when i wake up in the morning to a pacers win and a fresh cup of coffee. My Jermaine comment was clearly sarcasm, i guess you all didn't get it.

    My comment was basically because I thought it was silly to make a thread over Jermaine's injury. If I were to start a thread on this board about Jermaine getting injured, I would only presume that someone would make a comment along the lines of how good of a move it was for us, etc. I just took it to the extreme right off the bat, it was really a joke.

    Ya'll need to lighten up.

    All that being said Jermaine is the worst Pacer of all time.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  12. #12
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,823

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have you guys seen the south park episode where craig keeps saying certain things would make him "soooo happy"

    thats how i feels when i wake up in the morning to a pacers win and a fresh cup of coffee. My Jermaine comment was clearly sarcasm, i guess you all didn't get it.

    My comment was basically because I thought it was silly to make a thread over Jermaine's injury. If I were to start a thread on this board about Jermaine getting injured, I would only presume that someone would make a comment along the lines of how good of a move it was for us, etc. I just took it to the extreme right off the bat, it was really a joke.

    Ya'll need to lighten up.

    All that being said Jermaine is the worst Pacer of all time.
    OMG are you serious? Youre digging yourself a bigger hole.

    WIth the Pacers, JO averaged 20/10 almost 6 seasons with the Pacers. Was a 6 times all-start (I think) with the Pacers. Led them to 61 wins...the list can go on. He was once a cadidate for MVP.

    Im sure you could think of a worse Pacer of all time
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  13. #13
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you suggesting were piling on Theodore?
    Well, when you say something as vile and classless as what he said... Why not?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  14. #14
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have you guys seen the south park episode where craig keeps saying certain things would make him "soooo happy"

    thats how i feels when i wake up in the morning to a pacers win and a fresh cup of coffee. My Jermaine comment was clearly sarcasm, i guess you all didn't get it.

    My comment was basically because I thought it was silly to make a thread over Jermaine's injury. If I were to start a thread on this board about Jermaine getting injured, I would only presume that someone would make a comment along the lines of how good of a move it was for us, etc. I just took it to the extreme right off the bat, it was really a joke.

    Ya'll need to lighten up.

    All that being said Jermaine is the worst Pacer of all time.
    It was obviously NOT "clear" or you wouldn't have so much flak shot in your direction, and furthermore, telling everyone to lighten up isn't going to score you any points, either. It's an area where if you're thinking about making a joke, don't. It will do you no good.

  15. #15
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was obviously NOT "clear" or you wouldn't have so much flak shot in your direction, and furthermore, telling everyone to lighten up isn't going to score you any points, either. It's an area where if you're thinking about making a joke, don't. It will do you no good.
    I forgot about the no jokes rule. It will never happen again.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  16. #16

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you suggesting were piling on Theodore?
    Well, when you say something as vile and classless as what he said... Why not?
    Becuase it had been pointed out by several and covered pretty well by an Admin. Every poster continuing to pile on just further takes a thread down the drain.

  17. #17
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    dcpacersfan are you on psychedelics right now. This is not supposed to be an R rated movie, i mean forum.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  18. #18
    PD original FireTheCoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    southport, indiana
    Age
    45
    Posts
    628

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    ya know... it's kinda funny about threads like this...

    they are full of *gasps* and *shock* at others insensitivity,,, yet the truth of the matter is that this thread would have had maybe 3 replys to it and would have withered and died quietly due to lack of interest except for the free for all of finger pointing and hand wringing over something as trivial as a message board post.

    it never ceases to amaze me....

    I dont post much here but I do come here each and every day, just like I have since Jan of 2004, to read the latest Pacer gossip. What really bothers me is NOT that somebody said they were glad JO got hurt... people I couldn't care less what makes him happy... what bothers ME is all the people that feel the urgent need to chatise him and proclaim their moral superiority... what I've never understood is why everybody that is so offended just DOESN'T COMMENT instead of drawing attention to the very thing that supposedly offended them by quoting and responding.
    Last edited by FireTheCoach; 11-22-2008 at 03:06 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    I would recommend posting sarcasm in green font. While sarcasm rarely goes over well on message boards, it does remove any doubt of intention.

    While I am not happy that JO got hurt and wish him well in Toronto, words cannot express how much happier I am watching Ford, Rasho, and Hibbert. Instead of four guys watching him shoot an outside shot, we have three players that realize there are four more options on the court.

  20. #20
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,136

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya know... it's kinda funny about threads like this...

    they are full of *gasps* and *shock* at others insensitivity,,, yet the truth of the matter is that this thread would have had maybe 3 replys to it and would have withered and died quietly due to lack of interest except for the free for all of finger pointing and hand wringing over something as trivial as a message board post.

    it never ceases to amaze me....

    I dont post much here but I do come here each and every day, just like I have since Jan of 2004, to read the latest Pacer gossip. What really bothers me is NOT that somebody said they were glad JO got hurt... people I couldn't care less what makes him happy... what bothers ME is all the people that feel the urgent need to chatise him and proclaim their moral superiority... what I've never understood is why everybody that is so offended just DOESN'T COMMENT instead of drawing attention to the very thing that supposedly offended them by quoting and responding.
    It appears you are doing something quite similar here...

  21. #21
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I forgot about the no jokes rule. It will never happen again.
    This will do nothing to help you, either. Stop while you're behind.

  22. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dcpacersfan are you on psychedelics right now. This is not supposed to be an R rated movie, i mean forum.
    Or this.

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you suggesting were piling on Theodore?
    Well, when you say something as vile and classless as what he said... Why not?
    Because it is classless.

  24. #24
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by FireTheCoach View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ya know... it's kinda funny about threads like this...

    they are full of *gasps* and *shock* at others insensitivity,,, yet the truth of the matter is that this thread would have had maybe 3 replys to it and would have withered and died quietly due to lack of interest except for the free for all of finger pointing and hand wringing over something as trivial as a message board post.
    So what? If the choice is between a 4-post thread that dies quietly and that kind of garbage, I take the 4-post thread every time. I don't want a thread getting boosted by someone cheering for another person to get injured. That's asinine.

    What really bothers me is NOT that somebody said they were glad JO got hurt...
    Then it's hard to be bothered to take your complaints very seriously.

    what bothers ME is all the people that feel the urgent need to chatise him and proclaim their moral superiority... what I've never understood is why everybody that is so offended just DOESN'T COMMENT instead of drawing attention to the very thing that supposedly offended them by quoting and responding.
    Because it's a dickish, classless thing to do, and to say nothing is to show unspoken acceptance of it. I for one will not let it go, and I'm far from alone on this. That kind of garbage is NOT WANTED here, and that's how you make that clear: By SPEAKING UP.

    If you don't like what this site is, there's the door.

  25. #25
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobol Sam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because it is classless.
    It's not classless to scorn a truly classless statement.

Similar Threads

  1. JO Got Injured Today Against the Nets
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •