Thread: Conrad Brunner-What's next for Pacer's?

Default Conrad Brunner-What's next for Pacer's?

[size=18:5f7086330b]Whatís Next for Pacers?[/size]

Monday, June 21, 2004
    If you'd like to pose a Question of the Day to Conrad Brunner, submit it along with your full name and hometown to Bruno's_mailbag@pacers.com Brunnerís opinions are his own and do not necessarily reflect those of Pacers players, coaches or management.

QUESTION
    OF THE DAY
    Conrad Brunner
    Q. Now that the season is over, where do the Pacers go from here? Larry Bird said he wanted to evaluate the personnel we had before he made any moves. What changes can we expect him to make this offseason? Is he going to let the Pacers continue to grow as a team? Or is he going to upgrade the roster? (From Tomi in Terre Haute, IN)

A. Thatís not just the question of the day, thatís the question of the summer. Early indications are that the Pacers will be very aggressive in the personnel market. Though it now appears thereís little chance of a deal with Orlando for Tracy McGrady (who, along with Shaquille OíNeal, is trying to engineer separate deals that would land both in Dallas), thereís little doubt Bird and CEO Donnie Walsh are taking a very aggressive stance in terms of analyzing and investigating all possibilities to improve the team. When the first two names linked to the team in trade rumors are McGrady and Shaquille OíNeal, you know it could be a very interesting summer, regardless of the veracity of those reports. And because Bird waited throughout the season, studying his team and learning his players before making any major moves, thereís a lot of reason to believe the possibility of at least one substantial move is very high. The general focus is on balancing the roster, which means thinning areas of surplus (namely, small forward) and strengthening areas of need (perimeter shooting, another big man, perhaps depth at point guard). Bird has been very patient in his first year on the job. He was particularly interested in how the players responded in the crucible of the postseason. Now that heís seen what he needs to see, he can begin the process of molding the team to his liking.

LAPacer

Default Re: Conrad Brunner-What's next for Pacer's?

Bird has been very patient in his first year on the job. He was particularly interested in how the players responded in the crucible of the postseason. Now that heís seen what he needs to see, he can begin the process of molding the team to his liking.
    Does that mean no more JB....

Bird has been very patient in his first year on the job. He was particularly interested in how the players responded in the crucible of the postseason. Now that heís seen what he needs to see, he can begin the process of molding the team to his liking.
    Does that mean no more JB....
    either that or more :P
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I think Jon deserves one more year to prove himself.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Jon deserves one more year to prove himself.
    There should be a forum ban on that quote.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Saying Jon doesn't deserve another year is like saying a 4-year college player who just had a terrible rookie season doesn't deserve another shot.

I wanna see him in the all star game wearing a pacers jersey sometime
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Saying Jon doesn't deserve another year is like saying a 4-year college player who just had a terrible rookie season doesn't deserve another shot.

Next year's quote from SIG:

Saying Jon doesn't deserve another year is like saying a 4-year college player who just had two terrible seasons doesn't deserve another shot.
    this gets rather redundant after a while. IMO Bender has totally exausted his "I need another year" excuses.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

I STILL think that if (Darko) gets minutes next year, he will be a solid guy off the bench. That kid has gotten HUGE over the last year.
    Next year's quote from Kstat:

I STILL think that if (Darko) gets minutes next year, he will be a solid guy off the bench. That kid has gotten HUGE over the last year.

Three years from now:

:P
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

You'll be waiting a long time.

Next year's quote from Kstat:

:P
    If Darko is still struggling to find minutes after FIVE YEARS, and im blindly defending him, I hope someone here will shoot me.

Check that, if Darko isnt starting after THREE years, I'll gladly give up on him.

Not as long as to see your avatar come true, I'm sorry to say.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Not as long as to see your avatar come true, I'm sorry to say.
    That's true. We'll both be waiting.