Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2004 PD Forum Awards - Rookie Poster Of The Year - Jay@Section222!

Mood

Default 2004 PD Forum Awards - Rookie Poster Of The Year - Jay@Section222!

[color=red:27e6762602]From now until 3PM Tuesday (I will try to make this go by that time every weekday), everyone has their chance to vote for the 2004 Rookie Poster Of The Year.[/color]

There was a tie for who the 5th nominee would be, and I've decided to include them both, so this vote will have 6 nominees.

[color=green:27e6762602]The Nominees Are:[/color]
    ABADays
    Jay@Section222
    LAPacer
    ROCislandWarrior
    rscarey
    TheSauceMaster

rscarey, you might want to tell people who you used to go by so they remember .

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2004 PD Forum Awards - Rookie Poster Of The Year - Jay@Section222!

Of all the candidates to take my old title, I think Jay best exemplifies a ROY recipient. He gets my vote.

I might add this was my toughest decision yet. A LOT of worthy candidates on this list. SauceMaster and ABAdays were both incredibly close.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Well Since I know I won't win , I give my vote to Jay@Section222

I find this category impossible to vote for.

And yes i want to know who rscarey used to be

Mood

He'll need to back me up on this, but I believe he used to go by Beast#23 or Beast23

Well here are the Top Ten Posters on PD (by the #'s)

1 Hicks 14,810
    2 Shade 14,282
    3 Ragnar 3,977
    4 Suaveness 3,927
    5 Kstat 3,432
    6 Snickers 2,860
    7 Jay@Section222 2,337
    8 TheSauceMaster 2,177
    9 MSA2CF 2,174
    10 Unclebuck 2,097

And since Saucy is the underdog here, I'll go with him. Although, I really do love your posts, Jay & ABA.

He'll need to back me up on this, but I believe he used to go by Beast#23 or Beast23

That can't be correct. Beast#23 is still around and the posting styles are very different

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He 'twas ron_artest23, if I'm not mistaken.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

yes I believe that's correct , beast23 still post here under that name

yes I believe that's correct , beast23 still post here under that name
    Dumb Hicks.

:P

That can't be correct. Beast#23 is still around and the posting styles are very different
    Didn't Beast23 used to be FTC? Or am I imagining things?

IndyToad
    Million miles away

Didn't Beast23 used to be FTC? Or am I imagining things?

IndyToad
    Million miles away
    Imaginging things. FTC is FTC. Beast23 is Beast23.

Mood

Yeah I think you're right that it was ron_artest23

Yeah I think you're right that it was ron_artest23

I nominated him in another category

Tough vote. However, Jay's the only one who knows the value of Peanut Butter, so that makes it easy.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Tough vote. However, Jay's the only one who knows the value of Peanut Butter, so that makes it easy.
    Yeah. We all do. He SUCKS.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I concur.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I concur.
    At least in comparison to JJ.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

I concur.
    At least in comparison to JJ.
    Indeeeed
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

And that's why none of you are leading this poll.

[size=5:cae6e36873]That, and the fact than none of you were nominated. [/size]
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Oh PLEASE. I am SO knowledgable that people think of me not as a mere "rookie". I am the king.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know who I'm going to vote for here.

ABADays - like me, more of an old-timer (heck, he's truly more of an old-timer, I was born during the 'ABADays', so I don't really remember them.) But I always appreciate the contributions of the guys that remember Mel, Rah-jah, George, Neto, Freddie, Dr. Dunk, Slick as a coach, etc. UB once told me that he didn't think of me as a rookie, and I didn't realize ABADays was a fellow rookie, either.

LA - to the best of my knowledge, you just showed up here around the start of the playoffs or so. We had a lot of new posters arrive at nearly the same time, but you really stood out of that crowd. You were on my list of nominees for RoY.

ROC and rscarey are guys that I've really gotten a kick out of and I nominated each of them for this title. You guys, as out-of-towners, make a significant effort to keep up on the Pacers, and I really enjoy the enthusiasm, humor, and your stories about road trips to see the boys in blue-and-gold. I expect big things from each of you next season.

SauceMaster. Man, it really took some time for me to start to like you. I swear that :censor: Larry Bird avatar just made me want to scream. ed: Or at least have my Chuck Person avatar talk some trash in the general direction of your avatar. But seriously, you just showed up here in mid-March and you've already got 2,200 posts? Wow. That's some serious dedication to this board. I thought I had no life when I hit 2,300 posts for the entire season.

I also nominated Dukins here - I don't know if he's truly a rookie or if he didn't make the short list because he would disappear for long stretches of time, but he's another guy that I've assumed was a rookie and that I've enjoyed.

I don't know how to vote here so I'm going to sleep on it and vote in the a.m.

Oh, and I haven't decided if I'm going to hire Kegboy as a campaign manager or not. I know the campaign slogan of 'PB & Jay' is catchy and all, but I'm looking for something that will get me noticed by the masses. :P
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

sweabs

Yes - so there is no confusion I used to be ron_artest23. No worries

I appreciate being nominated for this one - but its a tough decision...I think I'll have to give this one to Jay. I love reading his posts, and I even nominated him for MVP so I don't see any reason he shouldn't get my vote for this category.

And Sauce would be a close runner-up. Great guy - helpful, knows his stuff, and makes great posts as well.

I appreciate being nominated for this one - but its a tough decision...I think I'll have to give this one to Jay. I love reading his posts, and I even nominated him for MVP so I don't see any reason he shouldn't get my vote for this category.

And Sauce would be a close runner-up. Great guy - helpful, knows his stuff, and makes great posts as well.

I honestly thought you were a different guy than ron_artest23, I nominated both of you in veryu different categories because I had no idea.

sweabs

I honestly thought you were a different guy than ron_artest23, I nominated both of you in veryu different categories because I had no idea.
    Sorry for the confusion