Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Default Re: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know what really grinds my gears?

Homework. And not just any homework, but the kind where I have to read dozens of pages in order to even know how to do the homework. I take the class to be taught by a person. If I wanted to learn by reading, I'd just buy the ****ing book and save thousands of dollars in tuition.
    AMEN

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Adobe Premiere. **** you, you non-capturing, non-rendering POS.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Rednecks.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Rednecks.
    You must hate Bedford. That's why I left small-town Indiana, though if a job ever comes up in downtown Indianapolis and I could get a nice flat downtown I'd be back in an instant. Indianapolis is a really nice city but get a certain amount of miles away from it and...

DC tourists that stand on the right side of the escalator when I am running late for work. Okay, DC tourists in general.

My boss's breath. Oy vey.

What really grinds my gears? I’ll tell ya. In the summer when it’s hot and really really humid and you want to eat some watermelon and it’s nice and cold and you slice off a piece and then grab for the salt shaker, but noooo, the salt’s all glummed up in the shaker and won’t come out so you rap it on the table, but noooo, it still won’t come out and then you try to unscrew the cap but it won’t come off and so you get a screwdriver to pry it off and then a fricking hammer, and then while you’re pounding away on the frickin’ salt shaker you drop your watermelon slice in the dirt and bugs get on it and then the phone rings and it’s another GD telemarketer and argggggghhh……..
    Don't thank me, I'll kill ya.

The fact that I'm allergic to watermelon. I didn't always used to be, it just came out of nowhere when I was a teenager. What the **** was that all about?

woman without a team

Customers who ask me a question, don't pay attention while I answer it, then ask me the exact same ****ing question again. You'd be surprised how often this happens.

It's called asking the same quesiton until you get the answer you want. Happened all the time at my old job.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    It's called asking the same quesiton until you get the answer you want. Happened all the time at my old job.
    No, it's called not paying attention when I'm answering the question. Trust me, I know the difference. I've dealt with both kinds frequently.

woman without a team

No, it's called not paying attention when I'm answering the question. Trust me, I know the difference. I've dealt with both kinds frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Exactly.

The phrase "excuse me." People abuse it to the point of justifying their rudeness. If I'm helping someone in front of you in line, THEY have priority, NOT you. Wait your ****ing turn.

And it's infinitely worse when more than one person is doing it at a time. Last night, I told TWO people at once to wait their turns because they were trying to butt in while I was helping someone in front of them in line. You see that we're busy as hell, and that I'm busting my *** trying to help everyone as quickly as possible, so it's not wise to **** me off when I'm already stressed out. Capice?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    People who go through doors and don't even look behind them to see if another person is close behind - especially in the gosh-darned Metro station at rush hour!!! I'll be the first to admit I'll wait an awkwardly long time for someone behind me, but still, I'd feel worse if I didn't.
    The best is when you actually make them speed up to a near-jog because they feel bad that you're standing there for so long. And then they get to thank you for inconveniencing their gait.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Excessively cynical and sarcastic people.
    Those people are the worst.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Agreed, just be thankful you don't live in Massachusetts though... If you're going 10 MPH over the speed limit you're still going too slow.

Being demonstrative with your hands is always a good way to tell people to back the ***** off, however.
    Actually, I typically drive ~10 MPH over, so that makes it all the more ridiculous when people fly by me as if I'm standing still.

Exams with material NOT sufficiently covered in the lectures and readings. How the **** are we supposed to know this ****?

getting a full force elbow in the nose at a bar.

Health Insurance Providers that attempt to "wear you down" by denying perfectly valid claims over and over and over again, expecting you to give up, that you will not wait on hold forever, and that you will just let them not provide the coverage that they are contractually obligated to pay.

My insurance has some issue with my daughter's doctor. 6 visits, 6 denied claims, 6 appealed claims, then (EVENTUALLY) 6 payments (50% coverage, out of network provider).

I just got the "explanation of benefits" statement to the 7th visit.

verdict: "not covered"

USA Health care is terrible by the way. If you arent rich you are in trouble. But I speak out of turn not really knowing the system, I just know a few cases that people have to pay ridiculous money to get healthy, where as up here you just walk in and show them a card. Sure we all pay for it but it works.

Not political.

you know what grinds my gears? barfing.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

You know what grinds my gears? New leadership that wants you to do your job the way they interpret, outside of your job description.

I know this is a little thing. But I think every place I go into is hot in the winter time. Think about it, it is cold outside so I am already wearing a coat to stay warm, then I go inside a store and they have the heat cranked seemingly for those who are there in shorts and a t-shirt. If you keep the A/C at 75 in the summer when everyone is in shorts - should you keep the heat at 75 in the winter time when everyone is in coats - no of course not.

I'm sure no one is still reading this, but I never ever wear my coat if I am going into a store - rather be freezing for 30 second walking from my car, then hot for 30 minutes while in the store.

But then I'm strange - I keep my place at 65 in the wintertime and 68 in the summer. Amazing how so many complain that I'm wasting energy in the summer, but come winter time when I'm evening things out - they don't seem to care and want the heat cranked to 75.

Something I really want to know Since when does someone who is cold take precedence over someone who is hot Oh your cold, let me turn up the heat - oh your hot - it is only 85 in here - let me see if I have a fan - no turn on the a/c.

ok, i'LL BE ALLRIGHT
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-17-2008 at 02:05 PM.

Exams with material NOT sufficiently covered in the lectures and readings. How the **** are we supposed to know this ****?
    You would hate the business school.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

When I check a CD out from the library, download a few tunes, put them on my Ipod, return the CD and realize the song didn't download properly on subsequent listens.....

The fact that my parents got divorced and now live in smaller housing thus leaving me as the only person in my family with ample room to host Thanksgiving & Christmas......

They no longer make blue jeans the way they used to. In fact, they make them 40,000 different ways just not the way I want them......

The only time I ever have significant problems with new-fangled technology is when I'm drunk and have guests over......damn you WII controllers that need to be re-synced....

People who have annual parties......I'd like to spend some holidays elsewhere thank you very much......

People who are friends of a friend you've maybe met a couple of times but don't feel the need to re-introduce themselves during a chance meeting outside the normal setting you might see each other....This is how you become Hayman to me.....as in Hey Man.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Goldfoot View Post
    People who are friends of a friend you've maybe met a couple of times but don't feel the need to re-introduce themselves during a chance meeting outside the normal setting you might see each other....This is how you become Hayman to me.....as in Hey Man.....
    I like that. Hey Man how you doing -good to see you - hows the family, Good - I'm fine - tell everyone I said hello - walk away - oh what is that guys name - I know I know him.

A couple of times I've known that the person has forgotten my name and I remembered theirs and it is fun to just play with them a little.

Or how about the times someone walks up to you all buddy buddy and you swear you have never seen the person before in your life. (I almost think they are just winning a bet or something and trying to make me look like a fool)

I often forget people's names, and I've yet to find a comfortable go-to phrase to ask them without feeling awkward.