Thread: pierce, blount..?

debohstheman

Default pierce, blount..?

what do people think it will take to get these 2 from boston? id rather have pierce than tmac if it means we can keep ron.......

blount would be a nice Center...

what would it take from the pacers to get pierce, blount, or both of them?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: pierce, blount..?

I'm starting to like this idea more and more, as you said as long as we get to keep Ron. I don't know if Pierce is even available though.

I like the idea of Blount along side of JO alot better than Dampier that has been discussed in other threads. Blount would probably be cheaper and I've never really liked Damps game.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What if Management has decided Ron will be traded regardless? In other words, I suspect the offer to the Celtics for Pierce + Blount might be very close to the offer for T-Mac.

One could argue that Pierce isn't much worse than T-Mac and the inclusion of Blount makes the potential deal with the Celtics a better trade for the Pacers overall.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

capaman

Hoop I love your T-mac + Pacers = Beating a dead horse pics...my thoughts exactly, I think a deal such as this with Boston would be a much smarter deal

What if Management has decided Ron will be traded regardless? In other words, I suspect the offer to the Celtics for Pierce + Blount might be very close to the offer for T-Mac.

One could argue that Pierce isn't much worse than T-Mac and the inclusion of Blount makes the potential deal with the Celtics a better trade for the Pacers overall.

I'm thinking along those lines as well, Jay. Have been since this whole McGrady hoopla started. Although a part of me would like to believe Ron might be spared. Maybe an Al/Bender/Jones for Pierce and Blount deal, or if worse comes to worse, Ron/Bender/Jones. Still...

Tinsley
    Pierce
    Ron or Al
    JO
    Blount/Foster

Pretty strong, if you ask me.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blounts expirng contract is about $950,000, so what's he worth on the open market?
    Pierce about $12.8 mil

So a total of about (pure guessing) $16 mil maybe???

Harrington and Croshere + the soon to expire exemption could do it. Or Ron + Cro + ??? AJ maybe???

I like veterans. Pierce seems like a big contrat but he's signed thru 08 anyway.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Blounts expirng contract is about $950,000, so what's he worth on the open market?
    Pierce about $12.8 mil

*sigh* When I see those numbers it doesn't seem like a direction Donnie would go in either.

I can't imagine the team taking on more salary than what they already have considering they were thinking about a salary dump at the beginning of the season.

It would seem Cro would definitely have to be part of the package. And now it makes sense, doesn't it? Ron may be the key to getting rid of Cro's contract.

Think about it:

Ron's a steal at $6 mil a year and he's signed for 5 more years. Cro has what? 2 years left on his contract? So essentially, someone would pay an additional $18 mil. for Ron. Or $9.6 mil./year for the next 5 years. Not bad.

Pierce about $12.8 mil

*sigh* When I see those numbers it doesn't seem like a direction Donnie would go in either.

I can't imagine the team taking on more salary than what they already have considering they were thinking about a salary dump at the beginning of the season.
    Well, it could just mean we have to throw in another low salary, so BOSTON is the one adding money to pay. The 15% rule swings both ways.

Pierce about $12.8 mil

Well, it could just mean we have to throw in another low salary, so BOSTON is the one adding money to pay. The 15% rule swings both ways.
    See my edit above.

Mood

But would we really trade Ron to a team we have to face 4 x a year minimum?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But would we really trade Ron to a team we have to face 4 x a year minimum?
    If he's being traded because the Pacers brass is giving up on him (in the same way that the Bulls brass gave up on him and happily inlcuded him in the Brad Miller trade - it was the Bulls that insisted on including Ron instead of Oakley, not the other way around)) then perhaps its nothing to worry about. I've said it before but Ron has never really hurt the Bulls since that trade, but he's hurt the Pacers with selfish play (trying to prove just how good he is) in a couple of Pacers/ Bulls games since then.

If DW & Co. are 'giving up on him' then he might be just a couple of seasons away from fading into obscurity.

If they believe he can 'grow up', then there's no way they trade him, he's too good. And that's the $40 million question.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

So how much does Blount fetch. I figured $3.8 mil. But seeing what they paid for Kandiman and Brad (at the END of the feeding frenzy last year) I'm pure guessing. THere's talent out there that will command lots of cash this yearm but once that is gone will people go ape like they did last year trying to make up for lost opportuntites???

So how much does Blount fetch. I figured $3.8 mil. But seeing what they paid for Kandiman and Brad (at the END of the feeding frenzy last year) I'm pure guessing. THere's talent out there that will command lots of cash this yearm but once that is gone will people go ape like they did last year trying to make up for lost opportuntites???
    I'd move Croshere for Blount and Chucky. Seems like a fair deal to me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

If DW & Co. are 'giving up on him' then he might be just a couple of seasons away from fading into obscurity.
    I've thought the same thing, Jay. You hope that doesn't happen to the guy because it would be rather sad.

blount would be a nice Center...

what would it take from the pacers to get pierce, blount, or both of them?
    Well I've never been a big fan of Pierce, but Blount would be a nice addition. I think he will get some offers for the $5.1 million MLE, and will be able to pick the team he goes too.

Its probably not necessary to trade for him. The Celtics may try to do a sign and trade but his value may not be much more than the MLE anyway. If the Pacers use the MLE, Blount's the guy they should target.

Mood

I seem to remember the national mediots talking about Miami trying to go after Blount with their MLE. But that was way back during the PO's with the Heat. WHo knows what they may be thinking now.

debohstheman

pierce is no mcgrady..but, come on...
    he is a great scorer.....and that is what hte pacers need from their SG position..
    he is a GREAT team defender also.....
    he's not the best shooter in the world..but he creates his own shot..gets very hot a la reggie miller.....and draws a TON of fouls....

he can be unstoppable....and create his own shot..which is essentially what the pacers need out of the SG position......

if he can be had without losing ron...thats a no=brainer..
    if the team is set on getting rid of ron...and mcgrady is unavailable..or will cost too much
    id LOVE to have pierce on this team......
    is he available??

It has been asumed here in Boston that Blount is pretty much a given to sign with Philadelphia to reunite with Jim O'Brien. They fit together nicely in Boston.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

debohstheman

you dont think boston would trade pierce for al, bender, freddie and our pick?

Zesty

I wouldn't trade Al, Bender, Freddie, and our pick for Pierce. Take Bender or Jones out of that and I probably would.