Thread: Homemade Chocolate Malt Recipe For Summer!

Default Homemade Chocolate Malt Recipe For Summer!

Easy to make and yummy. I got it down to a science. Put 4-5 big scoops of vanilla or french vanilla ice cream into pitcher. Add 2-3 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup, 3/4 cup milk, and big tablespoon Carnation Malt powder.(I use chocolate) I mix this in a pitcher with a hand mixer for more control, but you can use a blender. Makes a pretty good size Malt. If it's too much just cut the ingredients down a bit. Enjoy!!!

Default Re: Homemade Chocolate Malt Recipe For Summer!

People don't realize it but you can freeze and microwave extra shakes/malts for later. Just make sure the cup is microwaveable. And don't just cook the shake or malt. Just heat it enough to soften it and then stir to even out texture and temperature.

In the "old days" when you bought them from some places they were in paper cups that could easily be microwaved. I'm assuming the styrofoam cups might breakdown too quickly but I haven't tested that theory. But if you just bring the extra favorite shake home for later and pour it into a proper cup and then freeze you'll be good to go (or bowl even.. you can empty into a cup after microwaving) . Obviously same rules apply if you make your own and have extra leftover shakes.

I know there used to be some microwaveable shakes available at the grocery store but I don't think they caught on because the idea seems so wrong... But it actually works well. I'm not sure if these are still around or not...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: Homemade Chocolate Malt Recipe For Summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People don't realize it but you can freeze and microwave extra shakes/malts for later. Just make sure the cup is microwaveable. And don't just cook the shake or malt. Just heat it enough to soften it and then stir to even out texture and temperature.

In the "old days" when you bought them from some places they were in paper cups that could easily be microwaved. I'm assuming the styrofoam cups might breakdown too quickly but I haven't tested that theory. But if you just bring the extra favorite shake home for later and pour it into a proper cup and then freeze you'll be good to go (or bowl even.. you can empty into a cup after microwaving) . Obviously same rules apply if you make your own and have extra leftover shakes.

I know there used to be some microwaveable shakes available at the grocery store but I don't think they caught on because the idea seems so wrong... But it actually works well. I'm not sure if these are still around or not...
    Lets see. Buy a malt somewhere for 3-4 dollars or buy ice cream and a few ingredients and make them for probably under a dollar in the long run. I just bought a Steak n Shake 4 days ago and then made my homemade. Mine was better. Trust me...you won't be sorry.