Thread: ROT IN HELL, USPS!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thumbs down ROT IN HELL, USPS!!!

I've been using the USPS regularly for over a decade now, but the experience I've had with them over the past few months has been abyssmal.

In that time:

- 2 packages (without tracking, of course) have gone missing
    - 1 package (with tracking, but no insurance) was ripped open, and most of the contents were missing
    - 2 packages (with tracking & insurance) were delivered to their recipients, but the tracking was not updated to state they were delivered (with funds pending notification of delivery on both)
    - 1 package (with tracking & insurance) went completely missing for four days, then just "mysteriously" reappeared

My personal conspiracy theory is that they're scaring people in having to purchase the extra services in order to ensure some type of reimbursement if/when things go awry. And since they're government-run there's next to nothing anyone can do about any of it.

What a joke.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Default Re: ROT IN HELL, USPS!!!

I used to use USPS all of the time but now after similar experiences I try to go UPS.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

UPS for me.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been using the USPS regularly for over a decade now, but the experience I've had with them over the past few months has been abyssmal.

In that time:

- 2 packages (without tracking, of course) have gone missing
    - 1 package (with tracking, but no insurance) was ripped open, and most of the contents were missing
    - 2 packages (with tracking & insurance) were delivered to their recipients, but the tracking was not updated to state they were delivered (with funds pending notification of delivery on both)
    - 1 package (with tracking & insurance) went completely missing for four days, then just "mysteriously" reappeared

My personal conspiracy theory is that they're scaring people in having to purchase the extra services in order to ensure some type of reimbursement if/when things go awry. And since they're government-run there's next to nothing anyone can do about any of it.

What a joke.
    i'd like to say you are just being paranoid but, as you say, there is next to nothing you can do about it. every once in a while you read about some employee who has been stealing mail and has 1000's of letters and packages.
    could very well be one of those cases.