Thread: I-Phone to Android Question

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default I-Phone to Android Question

My wife and i have had I-phones since we went back to Sprint a couple years ago. Other than the OS upgrade issues this past year we like them and have had no issues. Our contract with Sprint has been up for a couple months and we will be switching to ATT or Verizon due to poor signal quality.

My question is this, if we choose to change phones do I lose access to all of my apps and music I have purchased through I-tunes? Other than texting and talking I use my phone to play music, take pictures, and play games/use apps, not necessarily in that order. I do not stream much video nd really like the size of the I-phone compared to the larger ones.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I-Phone to Android Question

You will lose purchased apps switching to an Android phone. If you have subscriptions to apps like Pandora you will be fine once you sign in. If you bought say Angry Bird on Apple you will not be able to re-download that on Android. You will have to purchase those apps again on Android.

That is why I have kept with Apple for my tablet because I have so many apps I have downloaded via gift cards. I have the new Samsung Tab 4 as well and love it, but it will never be a primary tablet due to size and me not wanting to buy all of those apps again.

Mood

Though a lot of the apps that cost money on itunes don't cost on Android (like angry birds, to go for your example.)

I have enjoyed Android much more than Apple, and sideloading without having to jailbreak is pretty awesome too, just feels like a lot more freedom.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Really just depends on what you got. Like above, a lot of the apps are free on android. Songs won't work because Apple uses different formats on their songs to make you use iTunes.

I couldn't imagine leaving Android, it's just way more flexible
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are apps that allow you to transfer your songs from Itunes, but I don't know how well they work. Also, there are tons of free song downloaders out there for andriod, so while you might be out of time redownloading them if the transfer apps don't work, at least you're not shilling out more cash.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Though a lot of the apps that cost money on itunes don't cost on Android (like angry birds, to go for your example.)

I have enjoyed Android much more than Apple, and sideloading without having to jailbreak is pretty awesome too, just feels like a lot more freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Really just depends on what you got. Like above, a lot of the apps are free on android. Songs won't work because Apple uses different formats on their songs to make you use iTunes.

When you guys talk about it being more flexible and feeling more free, what are examples of what you mean? I have heard that from other people, but never got specific examples. Thanks for the information.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    When you guys talk about it being more flexible and feeling more free, what are examples of what you mean? I have heard that from other people, but never got specific examples. Thanks for the information.
    There are far far more free apps than on iTunes. That in and of itself is sorta self explanatory.

When it comes to flexibility, I mean you can side load things on there at will, if it is made with android files, you can just download it (like off the internet) and it will be on your phone. Apple kinda keeps their products standard and avoid individuality it seems, whereas Android is kinda opensource sort of deal.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

9. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Android runs flash as well doesn't it?

Mood

I do believe
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

12. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

yes. the standard chrome browser doesn't, but there are several browsers you could download that run flash.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    yes. the standard chrome browser doesn't, but there are several browsers you could download that run flash.
    I've had to do so with my I-phone. We will defiantely look at all of our options when we make the change.Thanks for the information guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post

Not entirely true on the music end of things. There are various music players than can read mp4 or alac files. I think doubletwist can read your iTunes music. Get a thumb drive and move your from online to it if need be.media monkey is a good music player with an android version.

I much prefer android over seeking apple's permission to do anything with MY phone.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Thanks for all of the advice. Odds are we will stay with Apple for now. We will see what happens at the next upgrade. We wouldn't even trade up if it was not for being unable to get Sprint to unlock our phones and take them to AT&T. Having the 5s or 5c will be better anyway.

Well, after my wife played with my sister-in-law's Samsung 5S,, it looks like we will be going that route. I must admit I liked it too, from the bigger screen to the various apps I sampled. i still have my Ipod to save my music on. I had forgotten still having it when i made the first post.

Mood

Well, after my wife played with my sister-in-law's Samsung 5S,, it looks like we will be going that route. I must admit I liked it too, from the bigger screen to the various apps I sampled. i still have my Ipod to save my music on. I had forgotten still having it when i made the first post.
    Right on man! I don't think you will regret it at all.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

20. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post: