Thread: Blue & Gold Weekly - Week 2

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Blue & Gold Weekly - Week 2

Week 2

Talking about the OKC game, first off, this in my mind should have been a blowout. By the Thunder. Yes, you heard me right, the Thunder. Our team did not show up until late in the first half. At one point Danny had 4 point and 3 fouls, and everyone was cold shooting from deep. No one could contain Durant, and there was no answer for OKC's offense.

With all that said, it was amazing how a team could fight with what little they had. Troy Murphy exiting the game after the first half while battling flu-like symptoms, Rasho still out and Diener limited.

It just amazes me how well Josh McRoberts came in and turned the story of the game around as well as he did. For his first minutes of the regular season, they were the most important minutes of his young career to date. I always measure a player on what they have done. I believe after last night, McRoberts is capable of doing that again. It's just a matter of when.

I'm not sleeping easy anymore. For all what I just said to happen, we've got to get Dunleavy back into the rotation. Over the past week I've seen some scoring from places I'd thought I'd never see, but we can't have just one consistent scorer. If and when Mike comes back, and if he could be anywhere close to where he was last season (in the only pre-season game he played in, he put up a decent number), I'm sure we'd not be squeaking by opponents such as the Nets and the Thunder.

Fortunately, I'm starting to get the feeling back in my brain from the Boston game. The team has shown that they can win against a tough team, and come close in other games. The only problem is that there are so many tough teams out there, it will be hard to contend. We have to win games. Coming close and barely losing is good from a potentials standpoint, but when it comes to the point of the standings, it's either win or lose. Coming up short does not get us in the playoffs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Blue & Gold Weekly - Week 2

Good teams find ways to win games...not many games in the NBA are going to be blow outs. Most are decided in the last 6 minutes. I'm happy the P's are doing well, I'm happy with the balanced scoring, I'm happy with the rookies and the new players. I would like JOB to go 10-12 deep more often (esp after MDJ gets back). BTW the beach here in FLA is wonderful!

I have no problem with our current .500 record. We have seven new faces playing together & Rasho/Dunleavy are injured. I feel if Rasho/Dun do not go down we have a chance of being 5-1. Our only loss would be Detroit.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

playing against established playoff teams does one thing - it provides us a good measuring stick as to where we are.

From the first 4 games you saw one thing...any of them could have been won...but we just couldn't do it over the course of 48 minutes and lost 3.

Its still a young team that is going through a learning curve...from the looks of it...they will do just fine come April if they continue to keep this up

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no problem with our current .500 record. We have seven new faces playing together & Rasho/Dunleavy are injured. I feel if Rasho/Dun do not go down we have a chance of being 5-1. Our only loss would be Detroit.
    I feel the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    playing against established playoff teams does one thing - it provides us a good measuring stick as to where we are.

From the first 4 games you saw one thing...any of them could have been won...but we just couldn't do it over the course of 48 minutes and lost 3.

Its still a young team that is going through a learning curve...from the looks of it...they will do just fine come April if they continue to keep this up
    Yeah, I'm glad we escaped from those four games with a win. I didn't expect it, but it blew my mind.