Thread: Happy Father's Day

Default Happy Father's Day

There are so many of you on this board who are too young, still in college and/or single who have not known the blessings of being a father.
    Many of us "older" posters have something we can only hope you will be able to experience.

To you young-uns try to keep this in perspective. Fame and fortune will never give you the return family does. The bounty you will find from your children will exceed anything you may have in your checkbook. I know it's tough when you are trying to establish a career, BUT, always, always make time for your family. A job is not that important. End of sermon.

To those I share this day with - Happy Father's Day and God bless you all.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Default Re: Happy Father's Day

Happy D-Day to all you fathers. (D-Day [Dad's Day] Get it? )

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

BAhhhh... The Star has yet to deliver my paper and calls went unanswered until after 7. Means no coffee and paper on the porch on a gorgeous day made for Fathers drinking coffe and reading the Sports page.....but noooooooo not this father.

FU..IS
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Father's Day hasn't worked out so well for me from a son's standpoint. I'm hoping for a 180 turn when I am the father.

Father's Day hasn't worked out so well for me from a son's standpoint. I'm hoping for a 180 turn when I am the father.
    Totally up to you!
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Totally up to you!
    Then it will.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

ABA Days I couldn't agree more with what you said , almost 18 years ago I became a father for the first time and it changed my life in so many ways , all for the good of course. I can remember that day just like it was yesterday and my how children grow up quickly, I know sometimes people think that career is more important but you will regret not spending the quality time with your kids , sometimes all the money in the world can't make up time lost.

I really count my blessings everyday that I have 3 wonderful and healthy children and they are the reason I am here today , before I had kids I was on a path of destruction with alcohol and drugs and I truely believe I would have died by now if not for becoming a father , it really made me grown up quick.

Happy Father's day to all the Fathers.

Proud of you Sauce!

joro

ABA Days I couldn't agree more with what you said , almost 18 years ago I became a father for the first time and it changed my life in so many ways , all for the good of course. I can remember that day just like it was yesterday and my how children grow up quickly, I know sometimes people think that career is more important but you will regret not spending the quality time with your kids , sometimes all the money in the world can't make up time lost.

I really count my blessings everyday that I have 3 wonderful and healthy children and they are the reason I am here today , before I had kids I was on a path of destruction with alcohol and drugs and I truely believe I would have died by now if not for becoming a father , it really made me grown up quick.

Happy Father's day to all the Fathers.

That is SO excellent, Sauce! Blessings to you!

I've had a pretty good Father's Day myself.

joro (Dad to daro and laro )