Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread #6 - Thunder @ Pacers

Default Post Game Thread #6 - Thunder @ Pacers

Normally, I wouldn't be happy with a narrow victory over the Thunder, but tonight was a great win for this team. TJ Ford anyone?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game Thread #6 - Thunder @ Pacers

I really, really, really like the trade.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Granted, tonight was a Chris Paul performance from TJ. Hopefully he can keep it up (and stay healthy).

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Without Rasho, Dun, Murphy most of the game, Hibbert with foul trouble, and Granger with foul trouble this was a great game.

THis team is remaining competitive in all of the games thus far.

I loved the game tonight... these Indiana Pacers are so damn exciting to watch ..

How about that TJ FORD ??

24 pts , 10 assists, and 7 Reb .

I forsee him averaging at least 20 pts per game by end of the year ...

Looked like a pretty good crowd tonight at Conseco
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

A for real Texas shoot out tonight, and Ford wins at the end.

How long is Ford's contract? We need to lock this guy down for a while.

And future minutes are looking better for McRoberts. I knew he would fit in perfect because of his hustle.

Loved Ford, loved the D late, just love having Jarrett Jack. It's like having another Foster...the energy level on this team is really fantastic...so much higher than the last several years.

For for MVP anyone? He is getting almost a triple double a night out there.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I would rather see him average the 10 assists, we've got other people to score we need a good distributor.

Now, the box score doesn't necessarily reflect it, but I really appreciate the effort put forth tonight by both Maceo Baston and Josh McRoberts. Without Troy and with Danny in foul trouble, these two really came in and were visibly excited to be playing and really wanted to prove themselves to our coaching staff and our fans. McBob had a very nice behind-the-back pass that we couldn't finish and his defense was better than expected. Maceo also hustled left and right, even if it didn't always turn out in our favor. Regardless, those two did more than our rookies tonight to keep up in the game, give our other guys a breather, and bring some energy to an otherwise stagnant team.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Loved Ford, loved the D late, just love having Jarrett Jack. It's like having another Foster...the energy level on this team is really fantastic...so much higher than the last several years.
    I agree completely. I'm so glad we got rid of JO's shot the offense till it's dead and throw up a prayer the other team is ready for.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gritty win, came through in the end finally.

Our defense is spotty, still. We go through spurts where we clamp down, and then we forget how to do that the very next quarter, and we gotta stop that.

McRoberts was impressive in his short time. TJ was a stud down the stretch.

It was an odd game, with Duns and Rasho out, Murphy sick, and Hibbert/Granger in foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    A for real Texas shoot out tonight, and Ford wins at the end.

How long is Ford's contract? We need to lock this guy down for a while.

And future minutes are looking better for McRoberts. I knew he would fit in perfect because of his hustle.
    Ford has three years left on his contract.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a lot of minutes for McBob. He gave a nice boost, but Baston played just as well, and they were really both playing because of foul trouble and Murphy's stomach flu.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Now, the box score doesn't necessarily reflect it, but I really appreciate the effort put forth tonight by both Maceo Baston and Josh McRoberts. Without Troy and with Danny in foul trouble, these two really came in and were visibly excited to be playing and really wanted to prove themselves to our coaching staff and our fans. McBob had a very nice behind-the-back pass that we couldn't finish and his defense was better than expected. Maceo also hustled left and right, even if it didn't always turn out in our favor. Regardless, those two did more than our rookies tonight to keep up in the game, give our other guys a breather, and bring some energy to an otherwise stagnant team.
    Maceo is definitely looking good too. Looks alot stronger than when we had him a couple of years ago.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

good win for the P's

I haven't been able to make a game yet (I want to BUT I'm nursing a sore knee and back and limiting my walking...) but one thing I've noticed from watching the TV is how much better the camaraderie is looking. I see players smiling, rooting for each other, working for each other, appearing genuinely excited for each other, etc..

I hope I'm not just seeing what the cameras want us to see and you folks at the games are seeing this too. THAT is what has been lacking. That's why 'chemistry' has fallen apart in the past... personal agendas above team goals.

Fans will rally around a team that rallies around themselves. Fans will tune out on a team that is all about personal agendas.

Team basketball....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

We'll see what kind of lineup we've got to play with Wednesday in the Meadowlands, but hopefully we'll be able to improve on our last match with the Nets. I think L. Frank is a pretty competent coach though, so we'll see if his adjustments work to slow us down.

EDIT: Did the Pacers announcers say anything about Diener only playing six minutes? I mean, obviously I cannot complain about it given Ford and Jack's production, but the OKC announcers have me worried about some kind of injury.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 11-10-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I haven't been able to make a game yet (I want to BUT I'm nursing a sore knee and back and limiting my walking...) but one thing I've noticed from watching the TV is how much better the camaraderie is looking. I see players smiling, rooting for each other, working for each other, appearing genuinely excited for each other, etc..

I hope I'm not just seeing what the cameras want us to see and you folks at the games are seeing this too. THAT is what has been lacking. That's why 'chemistry' has fallen apart in the past... personal agendas above team goals.

Fans will rally around a team that rallies around themselves. Fans will tune out on a team that is all about personal agendas.

Team basketball....
    I did think it was very cool when Danny went out of his way to congratulate McBob when he was taken out late in the third.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    We'll see what kind of lineup we've got to play with Wednesday in the Meadowlands, but hopefully we'll be able to improve on our last match with the Nets. I think L. Frank is a pretty competent coach though, so we'll see if his adjustments work to slow us down.

EDIT: Did the Pacers announcers say anything about Diener only playing six minutes? I mean, obviously I cannot complain about it given Ford and Jack's production, but the OKC announcers have me worried about some kind of injury.
    Diener only played six minutes, but I think it was largely because Ford and Jack were so effective, and OKC is kind of a bad matchup, either for size or speed.

Now that is a point guard - that is what a point guard is supposed to do - score when the team needs it, control the ball, run the clock, and score as needed. His toughness, competetiveness and leadership is so refreshing to watch

Foster had an interesting game tonight. There was plenty to complain about as I'm sure some will, but he made so many little plays, I know he took at least 3 charges, his defense was consistantly good throughout and he even scored a little.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 11-10-2008 at 09:47 PM.

The Pacers have 3 guards this year when they only had ballkid last year. Diener is showing some game in his minutes on the floor. Great third guard. It is hard to quantify just how much better the guard play is this year vs last year.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Foster had an interesting game tonight. There was plenty to complain about as I'm some will, but he made so many little plays, I know he took at least 3 charges, his defense was consistantly good throughout and he even scored a little.
    There was a period of time where it was Foster giveth, Foster taketh away. He'd take a charge, then make a turnover, get a steal, then knock down TJ on the last second play. On balance, he came up big late, but there was a stretch in the middle of the fourth that I thought he was just killing us.

Yes, Ford was impressive, but Jack's game was really nice. He's not a Ford, but he has other attributes that makes him a really nice player. For over 2 years, I campaigned to get him and Channing Frye, and I took so much heat for it. It was worth the heat to have Jack as a Pacer!

Thank you JO'B for giving McBob some PT tonight. This is the exact reason I wanted him and Graham to get some PT. Did he change the game, no, but he made some nice contributions when they were needed.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

TJ flirts with a triple double for the second game in a row. Puts up a Chris Paul statline. What more can you say? I'm looking at you ChicagoJ...

Mcbob plays well, which wasn't surprising if you watched him in the preseason. Pretty much looked the same. Very active defensively, Athletic, good passing, a bit passive on O but is capable in this area. I Would like to see him get more minutes. Foster is kind of off and on lately and Mcbob is a more versatile player, I do worry if he can be as consistent a rebounder though.
    Last edited by Infinite MAN_force; 11-10-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

I was alternately cursing and praising Jeff Foster throughout the game, much like usual.