Thread: Warriors -- Mullin "shunted aside", Harrington "inactive"

Default Warriors -- Mullin "shunted aside", Harrington "inactive"

Have not seen these posted ... 2 interesting articles concerning our friends in Golden State:

1. Warriors: A Team in Turmoil ...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...eed=rss.sports

( "With the firing of Chris Mullin's right-hand man this past week, the dynamic in the Warriors' front office continues to shift.

Perception is that Warriors President Robert Rowell and coach Don Nelson are now the true decision-makers, and Mullin, their top basketball executive, is being shunted aside." ... )

2. Disgruntled Warriors F Harrington placed on inactive list
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

( "Perhaps in an attempt to quiet his clamoring for a trade, Golden State Warriors forward Al Harrington was placed on the inactive list with a strained lower back prior to Friday’s 109-104 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies.

Harrington, who has had an ongoing feud with coach Don Nelson about his role on the team, was not in attendance at Oracle Arena. He asked to be traded one day before the start of the season." ... )

Sounds like the Warriors might have Tinsley-ed Baby Al. You'd think a Harrington-Tinsley swap would make sense for GS at this point, perhaps with a third team involved, except now Larry's friend and trading partner may not have the chalk.

Default Re: Warriors -- Mullin "shunted aside", Harrington "inactive"

Harrington's value just dropped.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I do not how to feel about this situation. Part of me thinks a Harrington for Tinsley deal will not happen. It would have already been done but the other half of my mind remembers the Artest for Peja deal.

Is now the time to start a thread re-visiting the Al,Jax for Dun and Murph trade. It is looking better and better by the day

At present, the Warriors are a disaster.

Their most dynamic young piece - before the injury - is a one-dimensional, small guard who doesn't play defense and has yet to prove he can create for others. The Maggette signing was horrendous on every level. Harrington was dead weight before and now he's even more useless to the team in every aspect.

Their two best players are doubled and tripled every time they touch the ball because of the lack of balance on the roster. Their guard rotation consists of D-League 'success stories' and undrafted scrubs, all of whom never actually pass the ball.

Oh, and to be really honest (and I'm safe from the wrath of illogical Warriors fans) their two young big men most likely aren't going to be special players. Wright is a really nice kid and has a good skillset and great physical tools, but his game screams role player. Randolph's mentality is worrisome and all of his skills were exaggerated. His ball-handling isn't nearly as proficient as people thought, his jumper (which he seems to love) sucks, and he's going to have a lot of defensive problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is now the time to start a thread re-visiting the Al,Jax for Dun and Murph trade. It is looking better and better by the day
    True

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In my opinion, no trade that brings Jax back to the Pacers is a good trade.

And, I think that the majority of fans who were begging for a house-cleaning would see it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post

And, I think that the majority of fans who were begging for a house-cleaning would see it the same way.
    I don't think it's possible for you to have more completely misunderstood Buck's post.

It was a good deal for both teams.

Had the Warriors not made that trade, they would be looking at 16 straight seasons with no playoffs right now (breaking the Clippers record) and the contracts of Murph (who is still harder to trade right now than an unhappy Al Harrington) and Dunleavy still on the books.

I said when the trade was made that in no way should Harrington/Jackson be viewed as long term solutions for the Warriors. The Warriors may have changed their views on Jackson, but not Harrington.

If I wanted a real mulligan for the Warriors, it would have been for Mullin to REALLY clean house in 2004 when he took over the team. He should have revamped that entire team from the very start, but he chose to dish out all those big contracts to players who weren't that good. The trade with Indy was something they basically HAD to do.

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post

Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I don't think it's possible for you to have more completely misunderstood Buck's post.
    You got that right!

Don't know how I read the post, but man was my interpretation wrong. The only reason I responded was because I was totally in shock when I saw that Buck had authored a post that I couldn't believe he had made. At least in the stupid, totally erroneous way that I had read the post.

Sorry, Buck. Sorry, folks. Next time, I'll read it twice when I'm initially shocked by the content of a post.

And thanks for pointing it out, Count55. I probably would have been scratching my head somewhere down the road wondering why you guys thought I had a screw loose.

I'm usually a decent listener and communicator.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was a good trade for both teams IF you consider Jackson to be a legitimate piece of a winning team's puzzle. Some people do and some people don't.

At the time the trade made sense for both teams, and this is coming from someone who initially hated the deal. Dun and Murph were hot garbage for the Warriors at the time and didn't fit into what GS was trying to do. So they dumped that off for Harrington, which was a piece of hot garbage they got back and a decent second or third guy in Jackson.

So it was really a decent trade from their perspective, like I said this trade has helped out both teams, but it has probably helped the Pacers more. I was watching Kings-Dubs highlights last night and Jackson missed a layup after one of his typically errant drives, and while he was complaining to the ref his man dished it out to Jason Thompson, who dunked it. I don't even think Jack saw the play happen. His back was turned toward the ref and he never made a movement to get back on D. That kind of crap I am glad we no longer deal with.

Mood

So, the question is, what other team has a disgruntled player, possibly on the inactive list that needs dealt?

I can't even begin to imagine how ugly a 3-way deal involving Tinsley, Harrington, and Starbury would be. That's just hideous!

But, Tinsley to NY, Harrington to NY, Starbury to GS and draft picks to the Pacers works REALLY well for us! HA!

--pizza

PS- Not meaning to turn this into a crazy trade proposal thread...I just thought of that and had to say it...
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake