Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

  1. #1

    Default Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    the way daniels is playing and with rush coming along nicely, i think it might be time to consider trading dun dun and an expiring for a quality pf

  2. #2
    Remember #31 dohman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,332

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    negative. As good as daniels is playing he still is a SHOOTING guard that cannot shoot. I am a huge fan of his but as long as he cannot make a 3 pointer he does not spread the floor and allow granger to drive to the basket or our big men to 1 on 1 in the post.

    Eventually rush will help but I would rather see dun or him be our High energy 6th man then trade our best overall player for junk.

  3. #3
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Ew..

    You understand we would have probably won every single one of our games this season with Dun in the lineup healthy?

  4. #4
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ew..

    You understand we would have probably won every single one of our games this season with Dun in the lineup healthy?
    Absolutely no way to prove that, one way or the other.

  5. #5
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    39
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    No way. He is our best (or second best) player, just because guys of the same position are playing well doesn't mean he's expendable, it just means the Pacer's future is getting brighter.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,498

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the way daniels is playing and with rush coming along nicely, i think it might be time to consider trading dun dun and an expiring for a quality pf
    Not in this lifetime.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely no way to prove that, one way or the other.
    Perhaps not, but having seen a health Quis play and knowing Brandon Rush still needs time to develop and knowing what we have seen of Dunleavy's abilities, I think it's absolutely foolhearty to think Dunleavy is expendable and that either Quis or BRush are his replacements.

    And I do think it's quite possible the Pacers could have been 3-1 right now vice being 1-3 had Dunleavy been an active player. He spreads the floor in ways Quis does not and clearly in ways BRush has yet to learn how.

    It's true the Pacers could use a back-to-the basket post-up PF, but I wouldn't sacrafic Dunleavy to get such a player. Baston, Graham, certainly Tinsley and maybe Nasha or even Josh McRoberts, but NOT Dunleavy. That would be beyond foolish!!!
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 11-08-2008 at 05:03 PM.

  8. #8
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Why start a thread if you aren't gonna support your title with some sort of evidence or analysis? You couldn't have just said this in a game thread or something?
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  9. #9
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    I would trade Quis before Dun. Dun is more consistent and a much better shooter.

    And then there's always the fear of contract-year production...

  10. #10
    The Dude Abides MrSparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    JayRedd is wrong.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    I would definitely make Dunleavy expendable if it brought us back a promising power forward. An Andrea Bargnani for example. We're good enough at SG with Quis and Rush to make it worth the risk.

  12. #12
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely no way to prove that, one way or the other.
    I agree.

    But I do think you can see that if Dun plays you lose the defense of Quis and Rush, both of whom have been significantly better than what Dun brought on defense last year (or career).

    It would be different, but better is questionable. And that supports the point of the thread. IF you think Quis keeps up this game and that Rush is only going to get better and Danny is your all-star SF (#2 in the NBA scorers do make all-star teams), then just where does Dun fit in.

    Gnome, Hicks and I just discussed this and I think we all agree that if he could be that Detlef caliber 6th man, ie big offensive contribution off the bench, all-purpose offensive player/facilitator, that he does have a solid role on the team.

    I think he fits that role better than Quis does, and I prefer the stronger defense at SG from Quis/Rush.


    If you aren't using him in that manner then he is "extra", and this team still needs help. You could use Quis instead, but you have SG speed issues and the defense. Dun has value and would be tradeable for something decent.

    Not trying to toss him under the bus, just trying to be practical in terms of building a well-rounded roster. I can 100% get behind him as the strong 6th man if he can get behind it.


    Dunleavy is expendable and that either Quis or BRush are his replacements.
    Danny Granger is his replacement. Quis and Rush play a different position. That's the bottom line on this. He was already being forced into an unnatural position, one in which he is too slow to defend. The team needed SG help so it made sense then, but that's off the table now.

    I see this as identical to someone saying "Ford and Jack make Quis expendable as a PG", if you had some all-star at SG and were mainly using Quis to cover you at PG makeshift style.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 11-08-2008 at 05:06 PM.

  13. #13
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    I would agree if Granger's strength was 3-pt shooting. But, since we rely on him to drive to the hoop, no. He's obviously a good shooter, but that's not his forte.

    That, and Rush is obviously still an unpolished rookie. Maybe in his second year, or third depending on how he developes.

    But, for now, we're clearly (on paper anyways) better off keeping Dunleavy and trading Quis. Though, I'm a Daniels fan and I'm glad he's finally playing well here so it would upset me some to see him go.

    --pizza
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  14. #14
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    I disagree. I believe we'd be 3-1 and perhaps 4-0 with a healthy Dunleavy in the lineup.

    If he gets healthy with Daniels contributing like he is, and Rush continuing to get minutes off the bench as well, we're a playoff team

    Look at our first 4 opponents, and I felt we should've won every game.

    The only thing sloing my optimism is I think Dunleavy's injury is a lot worse then we thought

  15. #15
    The Dude Abides MrSparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,371

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Pacers might have won all of their games with Dunleavy, but they might also have won all of their games with a power forward of roughly equal talent as well.

    Just saying :P. I like Dunleavy though and hope next year he becomes a great 6th man for us.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

  16. #16
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,826
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Tinsley for a PF FTW!





    It could happen.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Naptown Seth,

    I made a similar assessment over on RATS of how to best use Dunleavy when he returns assuming you still have a health Quis - that he (Dunleavy) should become this Pacers' 6th Man.

    Right now, the 2nd Unit doesn't have that one player who can come in and be a scoring threat off the bench. Quis is doing well, but unless he can start draining the long ball he just doesn't spread the floor the way Dunleavy can. Besides, Dunleavy can also post-up his man from SF, if used there.

    Quis is very much the slasher and that's the problem with pairing him with players like Jack, Hibbert and BRush. There's no outside thread to spread the floor. If BRush and/or Jack were draining 3's this would be a totally different issue. If Hibbert were dominating in the paint, this would be a totally different issue. And note, I'm not belittling any of them. BRush and Hibbert still have some developing to do. Still, I like what I've seen of both so far. Jack has learned this one aspect about his game which is good: if his long-ball isn't falling, he'll start driving to the basket where he's seen some success. But until this team can find someone among the reserves who can score the ball from downtown, Dunleavy will have a place on the roster and the other bench warmers days will be numbered because we know what Dunleavy can do in JOB's system. We don't know what the others can do, i.e., McRoberts, Baston, Nester and Graham...not really. We've seen glimpses, but nothing to tell us any one of them is good enough to be this team's 6th Man or a dominate post threat.
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 11-08-2008 at 06:12 PM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    what legit power forward would you suggest us going after then?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what legit power forward would you suggest us going after then?
    That, my friend, is the million dollar question.

  20. #20
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Until Marquis can play for 70+ games and I no longer read posts here on PD that BRush doesn't look lost out there, Dunleavy won't be expendable.....but until then...which probably can't be decided until 2009-2010 season.

    This doesn't mean that Marquis isn't doing well or that I don't like his game.....nor does it mean that I think that BRush won't be starting by next season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  21. #21
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,771

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would definitely make Dunleavy expendable if it brought us back a promising power forward. An Andrea Bargnani for example. We're good enough at SG with Quis and Rush to make it worth the risk.
    Pacers dont want Bragnani, hes too soft
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  22. #22
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what legit power forward would you suggest us going after then?
    Sean May
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

  23. #23

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what legit power forward would you suggest us going after then?

    zach randolph makes the most sense. i know he's not a popular guy around here due to some "character" flaws or whatever, but he really is what this team could use. he's a 20/10 guy and could get us some much needed points in the paint

  24. #24
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would definitely make Dunleavy expendable if it brought us back a promising power forward.
    Hmm. I'm not agreeing, but I'm nodding along thoughtfully.

    An Andrea Bargnani for example.
    Oh shoot me now.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: Daniels and Rush Make Dunleavy Expendable

    Bargnani has had a strong start to the season. Just four games, but he's looking better than ever. Looks like last season may have been nothing more than a sophomore slump.

    It's a shame Sean May has been so injury riddled thus far. He's actually a very productive big man. If he can get and stay healthy, I think he's gonna have a nice career.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. IKL Draft Thread - Draft Re-start - make your picks here
    By Jose Slaughter in forum International Keeper League
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
  3. Coach 'em up, season 2: Mike Dunleavy Jr.
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 09:15 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 01:06 AM
  5. Dunleavy says that Offense is Better When he is involved
    By andreialta in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •