Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re:

Default Re:

Not to be rude but why does race matter?
    It doesnt except when you factor in where you want to live.

A white neighborhood isnt going to have many establishments an african american might want when looking for a home. Clubs, soul restaurants, etc.

Chris webber is a prime example, and he would have bolted sacramento had he been able to. As nice of a place as sactown is he feels very uncomfortable there.
    I see, thanks.

But yet race should never matter because if most of us could realize what counts, well we all would be better off.

But i've never seen the point in judging people by color. [Yet I hate ****, thats not a race but similar]

I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with what you were discussing, though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

A white neighborhood isnt going to have many establishments an african american might want when looking for a home. Clubs, soul restaurants, etc.

Chris webber is a prime example, and he would have bolted sacramento had he been able to. As nice of a place as sactown is he feels very uncomfortable there.
    I see, thanks.

But yet race should never matter because if most of us could realize what counts, well we all would be better off.

But i've never seen the point in judging people by color. [Yet I hate ****, thats not a race but similar]

I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with what you were discussing, though.
    First of all, I'm going to have to go off-topic:

calling gays **** is no different than calling blacks N**gers. Its not tolerated in this forum. If you hate them i suggest you go elsewhere.

I've never seen the point of judging people by sexual orientation either... ed:

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Default Re:

Rommie, take your godamn ignorant hatred elsewhere. I sure hope the mods won't tolerate that ******** here.

Default Re:

I see, thanks.

calling gays **** is no different than calling blacks N**gers. Its not tolerated in this forum. If you hate them i suggest you go elsewhere.

Eh, gays in general aren't as sensitive to being called **** as much as blacks are to being called the "N" word. I live in a gay neighborhood (no, I'm not gay) and most gays laugh at being called ***. Although, why anyone would call gays that is beyond me. It just shows a provencial, ignorant mindset.

And rommie, why do you hate gays? Do you feel threatened by them? Do you doubt your own masculinity?

Default Re:

I see, thanks.

Eh, gays in general aren't as sensitive to being called **** as much as blacks are to being called the "N" word. I live in a gay neighborhood (no, I'm not gay) and most gays laugh at being called ***. Although, why anyone would call gays that is beyond me. It just shows a provencial, ignorant mindset.
    the gays Ive known call each OTHER that, but if you were to call them that theyd get offended. Its mostly the same case with black people, rednecks, jews, etc.

I prefer to stay away from all of it, because I dont believe in it.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Default Re:

Sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent.

I was wrong, and ingnorant.

I deeply aplogize for my comments.

And to answer your question bulletproff, yeah I guess you can say threatened.
    By what?

Default Re:

Sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent.

I was wrong, and ingnorant.

I deeply aplogize for my comments.

And to answer your question bulletproff, yeah I guess you can say threatened.
    By what?
    I only know of one and maybe it's just him but god I don't even wanna say about how he looks at everyguy around. It's so nasty.

Maybe it's just him. I don't even wanna say how I know who he is. [No relation]

Default Re:

In a sense, it's just the same way with straight guys who look at other women. We all do it so why shouldn't gay people?

Mood

Default Re:

Detroit also has a lot more people than Indy.
    There are at least 15 cities in the US with more people than Detroit, yet we out-attend them too. City population is overrated when bringing attendance into account. If Indy can get half a MILLION people to the brickyard, they should be able to get a measly 55,000 to see one of the best teams in the NFL, or a piddly 17,000 to see the team with the best record in the NBA.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Default Re:

In a sense, it's just the same way with straight guys who look at other women. We all do it so why shouldn't gay people?
    I get what your saying and the only diffrence, a huge diffrence, is that a gay guy shouldn't look at a straight guy.

And that's all i'm going to say about it.

I should have never said what I said. It was totally out of line.

And again, I aplogize.

Default Re:

In the same sense that most girls, if they could, would smack an unwanted guy for leering at them, I can understand guys not being happy. Maybe if you walked up to a guy and told him youre not gay and he wouldnt stop, then MAYBE I could see a reason for getting a little violent. However thats rarely the case, and ive never seen or heard of such a thing happening.

In most cases its, "he's gay, Im going to beat him up for looking at me the wrong way." And thats wrong.

I've never felt the need to get really angry with a gay guy, and i dont think i ever will. The ones I've met in my time have been pretty nice people.

Also judging every homosexual by the ONE guy you know is ALSO wrong.

Default Re:

In the same sense that most girls, if they would, would smack an unwanted guy for leering at them, I can understand guys not being happy. Maybe if you walked up to a guy and told him youre not gay and he wouldnt stop, then MAYBE I could see a reason for getting a little violent. However thats rarely the case, and ive never seen or heard of such a thing happening.

In most cases its, "he's gay, Im going to beat him up for looking at me the wrong way." And thats wrong.

What?!?!?!?!

Artestaholic

Default Re:

lol a gay neighborhood? WTF is that?
    As for the sports thing, our racing is atleast equal to your MLB and NHL teams. The NHL is barely considered a major sports league, and baseball isn't exactly the NFL.
    I'm not a big racing fan, but F-1 racing is the second most popular sport in the world. The only F-1 even held in the US is the US Grand Prix held at IMS (its tommorow btw if anyone cares) The Indy 500 brings in more spectators than any sporting event in the world (400,000+). There are probably some NHL teams that dont get 400,000+ fans all season. (not sure how many games are in a hockey season, 80?), and NASCAR is the 2nd most watched sport in America and we have the 2nd best NASCAR race of the year. Also I think you're underratting our amatuer sports. Indy is called the amatuer sports capital of the world for a reason. We host far & away the most Final 4's, and in years we dont get the Final 4 we get other NCAA tournament games. We annualy host World & US Championships in various bigtime athletics, ie gymnastics, basketball, track & field, swimming, etc. and the majority of the Olympic qualifying is held here in Indy. We also get the Nike All-American camps and NFL Scouting Combines every year.
    Not bad for a non-huge city in the midwest.

Default Re:

In the same sense that most girls, if they would, would smack an unwanted guy for leering at them, I can understand guys not being happy. Maybe if you walked up to a guy and told him youre not gay and he wouldnt stop, then MAYBE I could see a reason for getting a little violent. However thats rarely the case, and ive never seen or heard of such a thing happening.

What?!?!?!?!
    By voilent I dont mean fighting, but honestly, if a guy is staring at me, Im going to be as understanding as possible and try to stop it peacefully, but at a certain point id have to fight back the urge to deck him, just as any girl would probably do the same thing to a straight guy that woudlnt lay off.

As I said before, thats a toal LAST resort, and I respect a guy's right to sexual orientation, but if it gets to the point where he's not repsecting MY rights, and I'd probably get angry.

And of course, wed have to be talking about the biggest jerk on the planet. Im just trying to think of a scenario where i might want to hit a gay guy. Not beat, not hurt, just hit.

Artestaholic

Default Re:

As for the Pacers having trouble selling out early in the playoffs, I don't know. We use to knoqn for having the best & loudest fans in the league. My only guess would be the lack of any real playoff sucess (up untill the year) and the fact that our team is still somehat unknown hasn't attracted people the way the old Pacers teams did.
    And the Colt's havn't has a non-sellout game in like 4 years. Sure there's been a few games that havn't soldout in time to prevent a local blackout, but we always sellout.

Default Re:

lol a gay neighborhood? WTF is that?
    I live in Los Angeles, moron. West Hollywood is generally considered a predominately gay area. Although the Russian immigrant population far outnumbers the gay population. Let me see, Johnny Depp, Leornardo DiCaprio, Reese Witherspoon, Tobey McGuire all live in the same area I live in. Brad Pritt used to live across the street from me. It's inhabited by a lot of artists, actors, etc. Grow up.

Artestaholic

Default Re:

And there must be a good reason you live in a "gay neighborhood".
    Perhaps easier access to the c0ck?

Default Re:

Perhaps easier access to the ****?
    What buisness is that of yours?

I dont know if hes gay or not, but really, why is that even an issue?

Default Re:

And of course, wed have to be talking about the biggest jerk on the planet. Im just trying to think of a scenario where i might want to hit a gay guy. Not beat, not hurt, just hit.
    How about if he was coming on to you and you made it clear to him that you weren't gay, but he ignored you and kept coming onto you. Then maybe I could see a guy getting pissed enough to hit the guy, just as a woman would to an overly aggressive guy.

Default Re:

How about if he was coming on to you and you made it clear to him that you weren't gay, but he ignored you and kept coming onto you. Then maybe I could see a guy getting pissed enough to hit the guy, just as a woman would to an overly aggressive guy.
    thats exactly what I meant.

Default Re:

How old are you?

Default Re:

Perhaps easier access to the ****?
    What buisness is that of yours?

I dont know if hes gay or not, but really, why is that even an issue?
    I'm not gay.

Default Re:

I know I said that the post before this would be my last subject about this but I have to say something else.

Don't let my ingnorance be contagious.

Not just ^ but everyone, in other words forget that I said what I did. [Just don't carry the discussion on anymore is my point]

It's pointless and not worth it.

Artestaholic

Default Re:

How old are you?
    Old enough to jizz down your mommys throat :P

Default Re:

How old are you?
    Old enough to jizz down your mommys throat :P
    11?