Thread: I would not be too sure about that Houston TV report - YET

Default I would not be too sure about that Houston TV report - YET

OK, here is why I say that I would not put too much stock into this T-Mac & Houston thing just yet.

The TV station in Houston that supposedly broke this news (channel 13) has nothing at all about this on their web site.

The Houston Chronicle has no information on it.

The RealGM post about radio 610 in Houston confirming it is REALLY shaky, as in - "My girlfiend is an executive secretary at the station, but I can't give her name or she will get fired." - sort of stuff from a poster with a post count of 6. Also, come on now, how many "executive secretaries" does a small radio station have? Could it not be figured out easily if the station management got wind of the "leak"?

Seems that a lot of the a-friend-of-a-friend stuffis going on, but with no verifiable sources, yet.

Am I missing some trustworthy sources (please don't say Vescey), or what?

Default Re: I would not be too sure about that Houston TV report - YET

I know if I were the Maigc I would wait until all the trade offers are in and then I would do everything in my powers to get one of the teams to up their trade offer.

Wouldn't you think that some site like Hoopshype or RealGM could have been able to verify that this story was actually on the Houston TV newscast, and would have excerpts in their news or rumors columns?

On clutchcity.net, none of the tons of members who live in Houston are able to verify that they heard the newscast.

Further, why would a sports radio station keep news like that to themselves. Maybe they would not state it as fact, but I think they would be apt to say the news is "in the wind".

Just seems strange to me.

smoothie

there will be a lot of smoke screens, cover-up's, rumors, and leaks....

now what this is..who knows?

That's all true.

I mean, you would think if it was really serious that ESPN would say "report".

All it was was Marc Stein reporting something and didn't he or other morons there report that JO was likely to bolt to SA?

Also, my drivers ed teacher told me not to put much stock in what ESPN says, a college wrestler was undefeated all through college and they didn't have him as a top athlete, that's ridiculous but they had some horse.

That's all true.

All it was was Marc Stein reporting something and didn't he or other morons there report that JO was likely to bolt to SA?

Also, my drivers ed teacher told me not to put much stock in what ESPN says, a college wrestler was undefeated all through college and they didn't have him as a top athlete, that's ridiculous but they had some horse.
    I think I know what you're talking about with the horse. For the Greatest Athletes thing a few years back, they had Secretariat in the top 30, but a lot of deserving men and women [most notably, Larry Bird] weren't.

It's no coincidence that ESPN is an anagram for PENS, which I want to jam in my ears when they start talking. :
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

That's all true.

I think I know what you're talking about with the horse. For the Greatest Athletes thing a few years back, they had Secretariat in the top 30, but a lot of deserving men and women [most notably, Larry Bird] weren't.

It's no coincidence that ESPN is an anagram for PENS, which I want to jam in my ears when they start talking. :
    Yeah I would love to shut off ESPN but the only problem is there is no other sports station, except ESPN2.

There is FSN but they don't talk much about anything.

Sorry to get off the topic.

I posted about this on another thread, but I'll repeat.

No one else anywhere heard that TV report from Houston. Also, as was said earlier, no media outlets have picked up on the story. If you haven't figured it out yet, there is no story. The guy was either misinterpreting what he heard, or he lied.

Regarding the premise that some secretary at a radio station got a fax from the Houston Rockets saying they would be announcing the big Stevie Franchise/TMac trade on Tuesday and hold off, on reporting this, until Tuesday - Holy sheet! I'm speechless. Nobody can be that naive?

Fax from Donne Walsh and Larry Bird to ESPN960:

On Tuesday we will be trading Ron Artest and Al Harrington and a couple of other lesser know Pacers for Tracy McGrady.

Don't say anything to anybody until the announcement okay?

I used a fax to inform you of this, instead of an email or phone call, because I want the janitor and secretary to also be in on our secret.
    Thanks,

Larry Bird
    Donnie Walsh

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I did see someone say this houston trade was mentioned last night on The Best Damn Sports show , anyone else see that last night ?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I enjoyed the show about Secretariat, that was some horse.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I did see someone say this houston trade was mentioned last night on The Best Damn Sports show , anyone else see that last night ?
    Vecsey mentioned it as a possibility. Nothing more, nothing less. Also mentioned the Pacers offer might include Foster. Immediately after seeing Vecsey, I knew nothing was imminient.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I know if I were the Magic I would wait until all the trade offers are in and then I would do everything in my powers to get one of the teams to up their trade offer.
    Yep. Walsh didn't engage in a bidding war for Brad, and he ain't gonna get caught up in the frenzy surrounding McGrady right now. He knows what he's willing to give up and what he isn't. He's not going to mortgage the team's future for McGrady. If it happens, it'll be on Walsh's terms.