Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The irony is that this makes Tinsley's value increase. As the season progresses, a bubble team (i.e. Denver) becomes more desperate to gain a player like Tinsley. Then the offers get more serious.

If the Pacers play this right, I see one of three scenarios unfolding:

1) I certainly see Denver as the team most likely to want Tinsley, so I say counter-offer by asking for a 1st round pick. I don't think it's unreasonable at all considering we'll be giving them a starter for two guys who probably won't figure into our rotation. This makes the most sense because we get some financial relief and we have two 1st round picks.

2) Another possibility is Denver being outbid and we receive a player that fits into our current plans. Maybe Miami finally offers Haslem (also, I don't see this as unreasonable with Marion and Beasley at the PF slot).

3) If the first two don't happen, I see a third team getting involved with many more moving pieces. I still see the Nuggets winding up with Tinsley, but I'm unsure of what the Pacers want if given the option between future or current talent. One thing I know is that Larry obviously wants more talent.

For some reason, I think the Pacers are two trades away from being finished, and I wouldn't be surprised if something big happened before the season ends.
    With the Iverson for Billups rumor, Tinsley won't be necessay if that trade takes place. Then another team needing a PG will vanish.

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Heres the latest:

Don Nelson was asked following Wednesday's game if Brandan Wright done enough to earn more playing time over Al Harrington.

“Well, absolutely. I think two things are going on here. Al wants to be traded, I think everyone knows that, and we would like to oblige him. We’d like to get a good player for him. He’s playing like he’s unhappy and I kind of feel for the guy because he doesn’t want to be here and it’s probably very difficult to really gear it up and play up to his ability.

“I made a deal with him that I was going to play him as many minutes as he would want and I would have kept that word. But when he surprised me with going public with wanting to be traded, it’s made it pretty difficult for me and everybody else.

“And he hasn’t been playing well to go along with it, so we might as well start making the change now. I think the people in the league know he’s a good player and know that if there’s a trade to be made there, we’ll make it. But our front line is young and some of the guys are on the bench a lot, but Brandan is ready to play more. So I’m going to play him, and I hope I’m not breaking my word. But I’ve kind of been forced to change the way I was going to go about the playing time with Al.”

Nelson continued when asked if he felt the Warriors 'needed' to trade Harrington.

“I think Al will be traded, but we’ve got to wait until we get the right deal for him. But in the meantime, I have to bring his replacement along. I don’t know what kind of player we’re going to receive for him. It could be any position from one to five. We just want a good player in return.”
    http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008...a-at-it-again/
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

FWIW, this is what's likely being discussed right now:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~308~990~2772&teams=9~18~30~30&te=&cash=

-Wallace has fallen out of favor in Charlotte. They get rid of his long contract, get a center and a good player in Lee.

-Knicks clear off Curry's deal in time for summer 2010. They have to give up Lee, but they didn't give him an extension over the summer, so I don't know how he fit in long term.

-Warriors' get rid of Al and get the best player in the trade, but also assume what is possibly the worst contract.
    Last edited by d_c; 11-07-2008 at 04:54 PM.

What a weird deal. I guess. I think the Warriors would come out miles ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a weird deal. I guess. I think the Warriors would come out miles ahead.
    If that indeed is the deal, it's something the Warriors would have to do. If you get the best player in the deal in exchange for a guy you're looking to dump, it's a no brainer deal.

But there is more to it. Wallace has another 4 years on his deal after this one, he's been dinged up a lot and he doesn't want to play PF anymore. And it would make the Maggette signing look all the more stupid (and it already was stupid).

Even with all that taken into consideration, the Warriors would simply have to do that deal.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice thought DC.