Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Tinsley & Baston to Golden State... Harrington to NY and... Curry & Belinelli to Indy....

We just work with Curry's agent to see if we can get him a deal with slimfast or maybe hook him up with Duece McCallister and see if he can get some of those diet pillls that work so well.

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack's a talented guy, but if he's your best player, your team is not very good.
    Well, the Warriors indeed aren't going to be a very good team this year.....and again, adding Jamaal Tinsley isn't going to do a thing to change that.

woman without a team

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors?; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    I am so pi$$ed of you got no idea..

Al Harrington-F/C- Warriors Oct. 29 - 1:58 am et

A team source has confirmed that Al Harrington, citing a poor relationship with coach Don Nelson, has officially asked the Warriors to trade him.
    Nellie benched Harrington in a preaseason game against Lithuania and Harrington refused to reenter when Nelson asked him to go back in. This is disastrous news for Harrington owners, as the fact that the feud is public means Nellie might not feel like playing him. Harrington came into the season saying he was ready to make it work, but he appears to be at the end of his rope with Nellie. Wait and see what happens Wednesday before doing anything drastic
    Just what the Pacers need, someone who won't do what the coach tells him to.

Captain Jack could use his leadership to get the most out of Tinsley.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Jamaal was the 2nd worst thing to ever happen to Jack in the NBA...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Jack's a talented guy, but if he's your best player, your team is not very good.
    What were the Hawks that year? 13-69 I think.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

28-54, and Jack wasn't 'the man' until the 2nd half of that season...

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Eh, facts. I like my version better.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors?; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I'd rather keep Tinsley on the roster than have Al back. He won't help us win and will only take minutes away from our young guys. No thanks.
    What young guys would Al take minutes from?

Al Harrington-F/C- Warriors Oct. 29 - 8:57 am et

Contacted by 48minutes.net on Tuesday, Al Harrington denied reports that he has demanded a trade from the Warriors.
    "I haven’t said that to anybody," Harrington said. "I’m being honest with you. Training camp went perfect. Coach told me I’m one of his guys, he’s gonna play me as much as I want." Don Nelson also denied the reports. Whether Harrington demanded a trade or not, it still sounds like some trade talks are in the work, potentially involving Bulls PG Kirk Hinrich. Check back soon for updates.

Al Harrington-F/C- Warriors Oct. 29 - 8:32 am et

Within hours of hearing that Al Harrington had demanded a trade from the Warriors, the Bulls were rumored to step in and start negotiating, according to a source.
    As witnessed last night, the Bulls simply have too many guards, and they appear to be talking about shipping Kirk Hinrich to Don Nelson, which makes sense. While Hinrich would likely shine for the Warriors, and Harrington owners would love to see him moved soon, a trade to the Bulls would then make the front court crowded and likely stifle the development Tyrus Thomas. Stay tuned.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NBA
    Last edited by GO!!!!!; 10-29-2008 at 05:34 PM. Reason: bad format

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

ajbry will be wearing this on election day.

http://freedarko.myshopify.com/produ...for-mayor-tee#
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I doubt Al will fit into O'Brien's system. He will be asked to stand at the three point line and shoot threes and that is what he hates about playing for Nellie
    That's all he did the last time he was here.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    We shall find out.
    I don't have any beef with Jack, but even you would have to admit that if he's your best player it's gonna be a long season.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'll be checking with some interest to see if Harrington plays tonight or not. His stating that he wants a trade has already lessened what leverage GS has in trading him. If he refuses to play or they choose to sit him out until he's traded then his trade value wold be no higher then Tinsleys. I don't see the Bulls giving up Hinrich for Harrington. Curry would be another story but GS needs a pg much more then they do a center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I don't see the Bulls giving up Hinrich for Harrington. Curry would be another story but GS needs a pg much more then they do a center.
    lol......keep hoping

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Harrington is getting plenty of mins tonight.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Last edited by aceace; 10-30-2008 at 12:44 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    I'd watch the Pistons play each and every game. Pure entertainment. Also, Jack is a fan favorite.. I bet the very fans he punched out will cheer for him once he starts dropping treys and playing defense.

I don't see the Warriors doing this though. Prince isn't really the scorer and ball handler Jackson is. Do you move Prince or Maggette to SG? Jackson's also the team leader, and they look at him for motivation. I never really saw Prince as that vocal leader on the floor to get everybody into it.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008...-horses-mouth/

Quote Originally Posted by al harrington
    “I’ve been pissed off since that preseason game, the way he ended that game. He said he was going to coach it like he would the rest of the season, or for the first game of the season or whatever. I only played 17 minutes. That frustrated me and that put me in the mode from last year."

next paragraph

"At the end of the day, I don’t want people to think I’m selfish, like I’m trying to mess up the team. I’m just worried about me being the best player I can be, helping my team.”
    ::shakes head::

I no longer think it was his knee that blew out against the Celtics in Jan. '02.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Quote Originally Posted by al harrington
    “I’ve been pissed off since that preseason game, the way he ended that game. He said he was going to coach it like he would the rest of the season, or for the first game of the season or whatever. I only played 17 minutes. That frustrated me and that put me in the mode from last year."

next paragraph

"At the end of the day, I don’t want people to think I’m selfish, like I’m trying to mess up the team. I’m just worried about me being the best player I can be, helping my team.”
    I'd rather keep Tinsley under contract staying in Atlanta. This as*hole would be like introducing the malignant tumor back into our patient.

Keep him away, at all cost!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    That's just nuts.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    I'd watch the Pistons play each and every game. Pure entertainment. Also, Jack is a fan favorite.. I bet the very fans he punched out will cheer for him once he starts dropping treys and playing defense.

I don't see the Warriors doing this though. Prince isn't really the scorer and ball handler Jackson is. Do you move Prince or Maggette to SG? Jackson's also the team leader, and they look at him for motivation. I never really saw Prince as that vocal leader on the floor to get everybody into it.
    Do it, Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    I'd rather keep Tinsley under contract staying in Atlanta. This as*hole would be like introducing the malignant tumor back into our patient.

Keep him away, at all cost!
    Yeah, it would have to be a three-way, methinks. Al is just never going to get it.

It's no wonder we imploded with all of the headcases and egos on that team. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    Here is the real deal.

To NYK:
    Al Harrington 2yr, 20M

To GS:
    Eddy Curry 3yr, 31M

Yes, GS gets the bigger potential/talent/player. They also get the extra year of contract that the Knicks would love to dispose of. Plus DW really likes Harrington if I remember correctly.
    Looks like you may have been on to something...

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir...or_harrington/

There's also a rumor going around that Harrington / Williams / Wright for Curry / Robinson / Lee is being discussed. Additionally, it's said that the Lakers are pursuing him, and they're dangling Odom in return. Of course the Warriors would have to trade away a couple other pieces to match both salary-wise and talent-wise.
    Last edited by ajbry; 10-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.

I'm not an Odom fan, but why would the Lakers trade him for Al? Lamar is almost strictly better.