Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's also substantially less talented. Tinsley's bad qualities are basically a big magnification of some of Baron's bad qualities. And those bad qualities made Robert Rowell decide not to give him an additional season on that extension. (and I don't agree with Rowell's decision).

Bottom line is if they wouldn't pay Baron, they're also gonna be unwilling to pay a scaled down, cheaper version of Baron with bigger flaws and a lot less talent and is unlikely to push them over any kind of important hump this season.
    JT is still a starting caliber pg, who outside of Indiana has yet to have a 2nd chance in the league.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    JT is still a starting caliber pg, who outside of Indiana has yet to have a 2nd chance in the league.
    If that was all there was to it, some team would have snapped him up by now. As it is, the guy has had a For Sale sign around his neck for months on end and he hasn't moved. Even the team that's offering up nothing more than Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter still wants more compensation in return from the P's.

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors?; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer?

I say no way. Too much risk and not enough reward unless it is the only way to trade Tinsley. We let him play PF and he either proves he's a fit or we trade him before the deadline.

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors?; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer?

Would Al get all crappy about coming off the bench here? That is the big question. We have a nice young team now, with new guys I want to see play alot of mins. We finally rid of all malcontents. Let's not screw that up by adding a guy who thinks he should be the go to guy... or one of them, who harbors resentment for not getting major mins.

I say this as one of very few people who wanted Al back from Atlanta.

We really don't have a place for Al.

He would be competing with Troy for min. and frankly at this stage of thier careers I would rather have Troy. They both are going to score about the same over a season but Troy will grab 2-3 rbg more on average.

Now if this were the defensive minded Al then that would be a differant story, but that Al hasn't been around in years.

On the other hand I don't think you are going to get a better deal for Tinsley.

However even knowing that I would still not want to do this because Jamaal is not on the team and the worst thing he is doing is drawing salary for doing nothing.

Al on the other hand would be here and I could see him being a malcontent if he doesn't start.

NOT what we need with this new breath of fresh air we have.

Al was great in the community and I liked to have him on the team. But that ship has passed.

In fact I will say this.

There are no former Pacers out there that I would like to see return.

Brad sunk himself with me over the chronic.

I think it is far past time to look forward and not look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

He would be competing with Troy for min. and frankly at this stage of thier careers I would rather have Troy. They both are going to score about the same over a season but Troy will grab 2-3 rbg more on average.

Now if this were the defensive minded Al then that would be a differant story, but that Al hasn't been around in years.

However even knowing that I would still not want to do this because Jamaal is not on the team and the worst thing he is doing is drawing salary for doing nothing.

Al on the other hand would be here and I could see him being a malcontent if he doesn't start.

Al was great in the community and I liked to have him on the team. But that ship has passed.

In fact I will say this.

if we could move Tinsley for Harrington I would do it. Harrington has one year less on his contract than Tinsley. Theres no way we're going to move Tinsley for anyone valuable or someone expiring this year. Our only alternative is to move him for someone that will expire a season before his, lik Harrington
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I am so pi$$ed of you got no idea..

Al Harrington-F/C- Warriors Oct. 29 - 1:58 am et

A team source has confirmed that Al Harrington, citing a poor relationship with coach Don Nelson, has officially asked the Warriors to trade him.
    Nellie benched Harrington in a preaseason game against Lithuania and Harrington refused to reenter when Nelson asked him to go back in. This is disastrous news for Harrington owners, as the fact that the feud is public means Nellie might not feel like playing him. Harrington came into the season saying he was ready to make it work, but he appears to be at the end of his rope with Nellie. Wait and see what happens Wednesday before doing anything drastic.

Why Why do it on the eve of the start of the new season, are you trying to ruin my Fantasy Team after I have stuck with for years... WHY WHY WHY Mr Harrington...

I may want him back on the team one day but not this week, and I'm not a fan of trading a player to a team and then trading for him back.... never liked that much for anyone...
    Last edited by GO!!!!!; 10-29-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: bad format

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    and I'm not a fan of trading a player to a team and then trading for him back.... never liked that much for anyone...
    ... except Mark Jackson ...
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

I doubt Al will fit into O'Brien's system. He will be asked to stand at the three point line and shoot threes and that is what he hates about playing for Nellie

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

In fact I will say this.

Have you given up the two sentence paragraph for lent?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

The WHOLE IDEA of this trade is to get rid of Tinsley. No, I don't want Harrington back, but in this case I'd be pleased if he was a 30 game or less rental again. Harrington's contract is much easier to trade b4 the trade deadline than Tinsley's. Do the deal, and then trade Harrington. It's a win win situation for the Pacers!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd say we should do this trade. And it's definitely not because I have an Al Harrington jersey hanging in my closet.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

I'd rather keep Tinsley on the roster than have Al back. He won't help us win and will only take minutes away from our young guys. No thanks.
    Word on the street is he doesn't want your money, he only wants to please your ears...
    Bum in Berlin on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    Nah, I think this is a false alarm:

http://48minutes.net/2008/10/28/harr...y-trade-story/
    Al officially asked for a trade yesterday evening...

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008...-horses-mouth/

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Here is the real deal.

To NYK:
    Al Harrington 2yr, 20M

To GS:
    Eddy Curry 3yr, 31M

Yes, GS gets the bigger potential/talent/player. They also get the extra year of contract that the Knicks would love to dispose of. Plus DW really likes Harrington if I remember correctly.

Curry would be a horrible fit for the Warriors.

Mood

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

OH that's right. Because the Warriors play defense, have great ball movement, and have too many players in their front court. I forgot. My bad.

Default Re: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

The Warriors just locked up their center - who's markedly better than Curry - and have two prospects who are internally regarded highly at the 4, plus they signed Turiaf to provide backup minutes...

There is no logical reason why they would consider investing $31 million in a center, particularly Eddy Curry of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    If that was all there was to it, some team would have snapped him up by now. As it is, the guy has had a For Sale sign around his neck for months on end and he hasn't moved. Even the team that's offering up nothing more than Chucky Atkins and Steven Hunter still wants more compensation in return from the P's.
    And by months you mean years.

To my knowledge, however, that is the only thing you haven't been 100% on point about in this whole thread.

Tinsley for Harrington is a 0% proposition.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Curry would be a horrible fit for the Warriors.

I read in SI (Lebron on the Cover) that Curry sat on a workout ball and it popped. Curry may be fat and out of shape, but he brings six fouls and a decent attitude. That Cali weed will keep him calm.

Mood

When they can take a player that doesn't want to be there and turn it into a more talented and younger player with a similar contract I think they do it. That third year doesn't change the fact they have so little salary cap flexibility as it is. I think I would take the chance that Curry would come in and be a productive player for me in the front court if I am them. Also, if they are against trading for a redundant player why then did they go after Maggette when they had my boy Jack. Jack is a much better player and Ellis is more of a two than a traditional pg. I think you free up PT for Wright at PF in doing this. Turiaf is a backup PF. Curry would be a backup Center. Although he would be overpaid it doesn't hurt their salary cap situation, because none of their young players need to be resigned until after his contract is up anyway. Anthony Randolph they are saying is a "point pf". I don't get that from a system standpoint, but they are enamored by his handle at his height. I think he will fit in with this team somewhere but hes WAY TOO SMALL (body type) to play PF in the NBA although he is 6'11". He will probably figure in the lineup a lot more once Jack is gone from GS. I don't see GS wanting to resign him if Randolph progresses. They are looking at a future of young players. Ellis, Maggette, Randolph, Wright, Beidrins (with no PG, Belinelli, Azuibuke, Turiaf, and Curry as backups). The only older players on that team are Harrington and Jack.

And actually:

Al Harrington 2 yr, 20M
    Stephen Jackson 2 yr, 15M

for

Jamal Crawford 3yr, 28M
    Eddy Curry 3yr, 31M
    Cash Considerations

Makes a lot of sense to me if GS is willing to lock up that third year's cap space.
    Last edited by pacergod2; 10-29-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Jack is the Warriors franchise player now - and by far their best player, as stated by pretty much everyone - and they're about to give him an extension. No way do they trade him at this point.

More likely they will pursue packaging Al with Belinelli or maybe even Wright if the deal is lucrative enough.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Jack is the Warriors franchise player now - and by far their best player, as stated by pretty much everyone - and they're about to give him an extension. No way do they trade him at this point.

More likely they will pursue packaging Al with Belinelli or maybe even Wright if the deal is lucrative enough.
    I agree...right now..he's probably the Warriors best player....but SJax as any team's Franchise player is a scary proposition.

If I were a Warriors fan......I would be praying for Monta's return.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Jack's a talented guy, but if he's your best player, your team is not very good.

We shall find out.