Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

Default Harrington officially demands trade from Warriors; cites differences with Nellie

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakam...or-don-nelson/

Two NBA sources, both close to the Warriors veteran forward, told me that Al Harrington recently informed the Warriors that he does not want to play for Don Nelson any more and is requesting to be traded as soon as possible.

(There is no suggestion, however, that Harrington will walk out from the team if he isn’t traded before the start of the season tomorrow.)

In fact, one league source with knowledge of the situation said that Harrington’s agent, Dan Fegan, is “actively working to get (Harrington) out of there” and that a few teams already have proposed tentative deals.

This guy is never satisfied. For someone of his caliber - an average player who never has impressed statistically and certainly never in important situations - Al really feels under-appreciated everywhere he goes. Nice guy, but I don't understand where his head is at.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer

C'mon Larry...make it happen!

Default Re: Harrington demands trade from Warriors; doesn't want to play for Nellie any longer

If we could get him for Tinsley and one or both of those 2nd rounders, I'd be thrilled.

Tinsley for Harrington trade?

As much as I don't want Harrington back, I can't say I'd be disappointed if it happened. Harrington would be easier to trade b4 the trade deadline.

seriously, this is our chance to try to get our pf...give them rasho and maybe some 2nds for al and wright/randolph/hendrix.

Anyone know why Tinsley isn't listed on the roster on ESPN's Trade Machine?

HOW AM I GOING TO DREAM NOW?!?

Harrington's not coming back here unless Tinsley is going out.

Golden State wouldn't do that however.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I do NOT want blackhole-fadeaway Harrington a 3rd time. The introduction of his attitude and gameplay will be poison to this team of young up-and-comers.

Still, at least he's better than Tinsley and the Warriors need to do something about their point guard situation.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSparko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harrington's not coming back here unless Tinsley is going out.

Golden State wouldn't do that however.
    I think they would think about it. I think they'd wait to see how Marcus Williams does coming out of the gate first. Maybe Mully helps his ol' buddy out! They're saying DeMarcus Nelson is getting the starting nod at PG. That's interesting.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPUI13OU42.DTL
    Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 10-28-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Warriors are doing something about their point guard situation...

Point Jack!

Go back to 2k9 Ajbry lol.
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Mood

If it means getting rid of Tinman I would be all for it. Al might be an average player, but he is good in the community and would not be getting arrested. You never know, he might do well in the JOB system.

I always felt Harrington isn't as good as he thinks he is. Personally I wouldn't want him back on the team.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd trade Tins for him. I wouldn't hesitate. Not saying he'd be helpful here or not, but it gets rid of Tinsley.

Al will be a decent big body to put out on the floor to mop up some minutes.

I'd trade Tins for him... with an eye toward a 3 team deal that has Harrington going elsewhere and never needing to hop on a plane to Indy.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    I do NOT want blackhole-fadeaway Harrington a 3rd time. The introduction of his attitude and gameplay will be poison to this team of young up-and-comers.

Still, at least he's better than Tinsley and the Warriors need to do something about their point guard situation.
    Seconded.

But maybe a three-way deal could be pulled off.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    I think they would think about it. I think they'd wait to see how Marcus Williams does coming out of the gate first. Maybe Mully helps his ol' buddy out! They're saying DeMarcus Nelson is getting the starting nod at PG. That's interesting.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPUI13OU42.DTL
    The Warriors won't pay for the rest of Tinsley's deal. No matter what happens, Tinsley is not saving their season.

According to RealGM's Trade Checker, Tinsley & Baston for Harrington would
    work.

And Harrington's contract has just 1 year left on it.

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat if they would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    According to RealGM's Trade Checker, Tinsley & Baston for Harrngton would
    work.

I'd pull the trigger on that deal in a heartbeat if they would go for it.
    As I was reading this, I thought to myself, no freaking way... who wants an entitled crybaby disrupting our newly evolving "chemistry"... but when you put it that way (especially the fact that Harrington has a year left on his contract), then you have to pull the trigger on this. Even if he rode the bench...

Man, talk about cleaning the house... that'd be incredible if all of this happened in one offseason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Tinsley for Harrington trade?

As much as I don't want Harrington back, I can't say I'd be disappointed if it happened. Harrington would be easier to trade b4 the trade deadline.
    Co-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'd trade Tins for him... with an eye toward a 3 team deal that has Harrington going elsewhere and never needing to hop on a plane to Indy.
    Mark this date in history... Bball and I are in complete agreement.

I'd even throw in two second-rounders!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'd throw in every 2nd rounder from here to 3100.

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post

Which is why the Warriors aren't going to trade him for someone with another 2 years on his deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Which is why the Warriors aren't going to trade him for someone with another 2 years on his deal.
    I wouldn't be so sure. This is the WARRIORS we're talking about here.

screw getting rid of tinsley. we are more desperate at the pf position. it'd be much smarter for the pacers imo to go after one of their young pfs than it would be to attempt to unload tinsley.