Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Random Thoughts 2008-2009

Default Re: NBA Random Thoughts 2008-2009

Anthony Morrow (undrafted rookie out of GaTech) just came out of left field and took a dump on the Clippers. 37 points on 15-20 FG. 11 rebounds didn't hurt either.

Banned

Morrow should wear #2.....2 Morrow...yeah, I'm hilarious.

Devin Harris is putting up some great numbers in New Jersey while also leading the
    Nets to a few impressive wins. That Kidd deal is looking disastrous for the Mavs.

Jermaine O'Neal just grabbed 18 boards. And although they're only crediting him with 2 blocks, he definitely got a piece of more than that and also altered at least a dozen shots with no exaggeration. Plus he ridiculously got called for goaltending a lay-up by Flash that was clearly a block.

Meanwhile, Dwyane Wade is historically elite at every singly aspect of basketball aside from three-point shooting. Him not being healthy last year was a disservice to humanity. He's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dunno - he's got a lot of lovin' for Duhon too.
    Good point. How about they just go with Duhon and Nate out there at the same time with Jamal at the three and DLee/Chandler (either/or) and Zach banging down low more often then? I like that lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    Morrow should wear #2.....2 Morrow...yeah, I'm hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Anthony Morrow (undrafted rookie out of GaTech) just came out of left field and took a dump on the Clippers. 37 points on 15-20 FG. 11 rebounds didn't hurt either.
    I randomly watched that whole game cause I was writing something about Al Thornton. Morrow was absurd. He just didn't miss. GState was literally just giving him the ball and getting out of his towards the end of the game as if he was LeBron or something. Crazy stuff.

Also, the Warriors have already started four guys this season who weren't drafted: Morrow, DeMarcus Nelson, CJ Watson and Kelenna Azubuike. So, much like a new Snapple flavor, you may not have enjoyed this post, but you at least learned a fun fact.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

WTH got into JO? 18 boards? When's the last time he came anywhere close to that?

He had 15 last December, Chip, and he also grabbed 15+ multiple times the previous season.

Last time he had 18 was November 18, 2005.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Good point. How about they just go with Duhon and Nate out there at the same time with Jamal at the three and DLee/Chandler (either/or) and Zach banging down low more often then? I like that lineup.
    I like it too - D'Antoni hasn't had a chance to experience the wrath of the NY media - benching his leading scorer and a guy who's hitting nearly 50% from 3 should bring 'em out after him.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Amare might get close to his Pacer game performance tonight against Amir and Maxiell.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

on the negative side JO went something like 4-14 from the field.

Someone needs to tell him he would be much more effective if he stopped taking so many shots... and I can assume the majority of the misses were fadeaway clankers...
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Also, the Warriors have already started four guys this season who weren't drafted: Morrow, DeMarcus Nelson, CJ Watson and Kelenna Azubuike. So, much like a new Snapple flavor, you may not have enjoyed this post, but you at least learned a fun fact.
    I drank that Snapple. That's gotta be some kind of record.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    on the negative side JO went something like 4-14 from the field.

Someone needs to tell him he would be much more effective if he stopped taking so many shots... and I can assume the majority of the misses were fadeaway clankers...
    You would be wrong.

He actually got his shot blocked like three times in the paint and missed several bunny lay-ins. He didn't have a prominent role in the offense really at all actually and made very few post moves of any sort. At most, he went to the turnaround fade two or three times.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

You would be wrong.

He actually got his shot blocked like three times in the paint and missed several bunny lay-ins. He didn't have a prominent role in the offense really at all actually and made very few post moves of any sort. At most, he went to the turnaround fade two or three times.
    Well, I didn't see the game, but in my defense, I have seen a lot of 4-14 type games from JO in the past, and I remember what they looked like.

I would be very happy to hear that JO was buying into his defensive presence role in Toronto, and less talk about dominating. but by god he needs to start hitting a decent % from the field.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

My bad about the Knicks beating Utah. Forgot all aboot it. How quickly I forget the good wins when I get nothing but ridicule from my friends and random people when they ask who my favourite team is and I reply The Knicks.

Shaqqy boy aint taking no guff from anybody these days. He almost committed murder on Stucky. The way he was thrown to the ground you would have thought he was already an established threat.

Derrick Rose is averaging some great numbers that put him in an elite class of rookies.

Raptors beat Miami, big deal, Knicks lost to Dallas, WTF. At least it was OT and not a straight mauling.

Lets hope the Knicks can make a game of the Celtics matchup. Cant do any worse than last season against them. I watched the humiliating lose and was rooting for the biggest loss in NBA history, it was comical.

Igudala Who?

Devin Harris is back with a vengence and is showing Dallas that they are the worst franchise around. Harris must laugh to himself when he thinks about it. Harris made Lopez an unstoppable force in his first game back, not so much game 2. Lopez should be getting out of his mind numbers playing for the Nets and having an amazing PG distributing the ball. He should grow fast.

Flash is too good for the Heat... he should come to the Promise land in 2010 with Bron and Bosh in New York. Dream Team NYC

Sports Logo

If Devin Harris was healthy when we played the Nets, I'm pretty sure that we would have lost both those games.

One more thing....who'd a thunk that the Knicks would be 6-4 so far? Also, with the way that he has been playing....my guess is that Zach Randolph will be traded in the next month to some Playoff Contender/Bubble Team ( or one that is desperate ) that needs a PF. He's clearly being showcased right now.....currently, if I had to guess which team he will end upon.....my $$$ is on him going go the Warriors for Harrington/Bellinelli and some random filler.
    Last edited by CableKC; 11-17-2008 at 02:35 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I don't even think Z-Bo is being showcased, he's just playing well.

And the Warriors don't want him, they're going after Lee.

Zach's doing what Zach's always done - he's just happier doing it.

So here's the question:

Does DW trade Zach now when the team's winning and his value is high and risk the wrath of Knick fans who are deluding themselves into thinking this is anything more than a 35-win team or does he wait until the team starts to lose, everyone realizes this is at best a 35-win team and Z-bo's value may be lower?

I'd deal him now myself and get a shorter contract but the Knick fans may not appreciate it.

And who knows - maybe this is actually a 45 win team. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    I don't even think Z-Bo is being showcased, he's just playing well.

And the Warriors don't want him, they're going after Lee.
    Although Zach is really doing well now........I really think that DW is trying to showcase his talents since they heavily tried to move him in the offseason but wasn't getting the type of offers that they were satisfied with for their Starting PF ( hmmmm...that sounds familiar ). I know that the Ws want Lee.....but they don't really have the assets to get him.

I'm not saying that this will definitely happen....I'm just saying that IF there was a team that has a need for a scoring/rebounding PF but also wasn't in the 2010 FA Sweepstakes, the Warriors would be a logical candidate as a possible destination for Randolph.

Over the last 2 seasons, Nellie has been harping on the Warriors FOto get a real scoring/rebounding Starting quality PF. This was one of the reasons why some Warrior Beat Writers speculated why Nellie signed Webber last season...it was his attempt to show the FO that the lineup really lacked a Frontcourt presense. I know that it didn't work out in the end for Webber, but Nellie was willing to give him a chance since he had no real PF in the lineup.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Zach's doing what Zach's always done - he's just happier doing it.

So here's the question:

Does DW trade Zach now when the team's winning and his value is high and risk the wrath of Knick fans who are deluding themselves into thinking this is anything more than a 35-win team or does he wait until the team starts to lose, everyone realizes this is at best a 35-win team and Z-bo's value may be lower?

I'd deal him now myself and get a shorter contract but the Knick fans may not appreciate it.

And who knows - maybe this is actually a 45 win team. I doubt it but stranger things have happened.
    You can probably tell me.....but is the Knicks winning because of ZBo or because of the system that D'Antoni put in place?

If there is a team that is out there that is interested in ZBo and is willing to meet DWs high asking price ( while freeing up CapSpace for the 2010 FA Sweepstakes ), then I don't see why the Knicks would hold onto him.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    You can probably tell me.....but is the Knicks winning because of ZBo or because of the system that D'Antoni put in place?

If there is a team that is out there that is interested in ZBo and is willing to meet DWs high asking price ( while freeing up CapSpace for the 2010 FA Sweepstakes ), then I don't see why the Knicks would hold onto him.
    Well, it's hard to totally separate Zach from that because he's the most reliable inside scorer (though he's seemed to become fond of taking 3's) and the best rebounder on a team that's getting outrebounded pretty consistently. But it's more D'Antoni than anything - he has a team with a lot of athleticism plus he hasn't tried to pair Zach with Curry which in itself is the kiss of death.

Bosh had a rather large night of 40 pts and 18 rebs
    I was ready for Josh Smith to go to Indiana, but he went to the NBA. I am ready for him to come to Indiana once again.

streets ahead

22 for Morrow so far tonight on 8/11 shooting. not a shabby follow-up.

woman without a team

Croshere had a good night. Too bad the only other Buck who did was Charlie Bell.

Greg Oden very quietly is coming along nicely with his 3rd straight strong game (statistically anyways) since coming back from injury.

The Sam Bowie comparisons are just terrible and insulting. This guy has so much more talent than Bowie it's not even close. It's just a matter of his health, which I guess could be a Bowie comparison because that guy was always hurt. In terms of talent, Oden has it all over Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Greg Oden very quietly is coming along nicely with his 3rd straight strong game (statistically anyways) since coming back from injury.

The Sam Bowie comparisons are just terrible and insulting. This guy has so much more talent than Bowie it's not even close. It's just a matter of his health, which I guess could be a Bowie comparison because that guy was always hurt. In terms of talent, Oden has it all over Bowie.
    I don't know if I agree with that Bowie was awesome at UK. Never really had a chance in the pro's.

from wiki

As a player at Lebanon High School, Bowie was one of the most heavily recruited players ever.[citation needed] He averaged over 28 points and 18 rebounds per game, and was a McDonald's All-American and Parade All-American. In some opinions, he was considered better than another highly recruited center, Ralph Sampson, who he beat out for Player of the Year award. In 1980, Bowie was picked for the United States Olympic Men's Basketball Team, the last player without college or professional basketball experience to make the Olympic squad. Sam left the University of Kentucky after 3 seasons, and serious leg injuries, to enter the NBA draft. Before his unfortunate injury, Bowie had made 3rd team All-American his sophomore year.

Banned

Morrow gets three free throws to end it and finishes with 25 on 8/12 shooting.

Anthony Morrow for Rookie of the Year?

Sports Logo

Derrick Rose and his 25 and 9 vs the Lakers might have something to say about that.