Thread: Jordan 'sloppy' as co-owner

Default Jordan 'sloppy' as co-owner

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

So far, Johnson, pro sports’ first African-American majority owner, has done little to validate the enthusiasm that met his $300 million purchase of the expansion Bobcats in 2003. He’s the self-made man who built the Black Entertainment Television empire that made him $3 billion in a sale to Viacom. Two years ago, he turned his basketball decisions over to an absentee partial owner, Michael Jordan, who appears to be following the same sloppy script that doomed him with the Washington Wizards.

Several Bobcats employees are so skeptical of Jordan’s priorities, a source says there’s a running joke that the greatest player ever had something to do with the league office scheduling the Bobcats in the Super Bowl cities of Miami and Phoenix the day after the 2007 and 2008 games. No one is ever sure when and where they’ll find Jordan around the team – never mind scouting the colleges or overseas – but they know Jordan never misses that Super Bowl week party.
    wasnt Larry Bird almost got that franchise with Steve Belkin?

Default Re: Jordan 'sloppy' as co-owner

yep. it was definitely a publicity move by the NBA to give the franchise to bob johnson.

And its been nothing but a complete disaster in the city of charlotte since then. It is definitely the poorest run sports franchise in Charlotte, and one of the poorest run businesses in the city of charlotte. Its become a joke here with most people.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jordan 'sloppy' as co-owner

Bob Johnson is a sell out in so many ways (that I won't get into on a sports board) so it doesn't bother me at all if that franchise crashes and burns. I laughed the loudest the day they brought MJ in and knew he would run that team into the ground.