Thread: Granger's most promising attribute

Default Granger's most promising attribute

I was looking at the box score of the pacer's win over the mavs and i noticed one thing that was very promising. Danny shot 11 free throws in the game. Thats huge. Everyone can say what they want about him not being a franchise player and what not but if he continues to get to the free throw line he will become nearly unstoppable. It makes me think of our series against the Nets in 06. Vince Carter couldn't be stopped because he got to the free throw line almost at will everytime he drove the ball (most of the time it seemed like as long as he screamed like he had been bent over in the shower in a prison cell then he'd get the call). If Granger can get to the free throw line at will then his scoring average could easily be in the mid 20s. In addition to that, think of all the player he will be getting in foul trouble from the other team. Most teams are not so unlike us in that their best defensive player is also their best overall player on the team. If granger can get 2 quick fouls on the other team's best player in the first quater then i see the Pacer's chances of winning games improved astronomically.

Default Re: Granger's most promising attribute

Agreed, three things that will put him at the next level.

-Get to the line often (this ties into the improved ball handling.

-find open teammates, get his assist numbers to around 4.5-5

-Defend at an elite level.

I think he has a chance to be able to all of these things, but will he?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Question....In the NBA is it a shot attempt if you are fouled in the act of shooting but the ball doesn't go in?

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

^looking at his box score you would hope so but I don't believe it is.
    That list is perfect which is the problem. I think it's asking a little too much so I'm going to eliminate one of them for my own reasons.

Get to the line = most important. Allows players to rest and should be easy money for the guy who broke Reggie's consecutive made FT's.

DEFEND, I'm hoping our new PG's will take the load off the assists but Danny needs to be our premiere defender. Why? Bcuz I think he can, long athletic, quick. Usually gaurds teams best perimeter player, its just sooo necessary
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Paul Pierce is another great player at getting to the charity stripe. The thing Danger has going against him is he is not a marquee NBA Player. Guys that sell jersey ie Vince, Pierce, & Kobe are always going to get the benefit of the doubt from the officials. Danny Granger is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Question....In the NBA is it a shot attempt if you are fouled in the act of shooting but the ball doesn't go in?
    Nope.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Nope.
    thanks

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Someone listening to the dallas feed in the game thread said the Dallas anouncers compared Danny's ability to get to the line to Paul Pierce. So that is certainly a promising development. Im not so totally unconvinced Granger doesn't have a shot at becoming a legit go-to guy for us. This season will be telling.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I think the other good point is that getting to the FT line helps break a shooting slump. The more Danny can make it a habit to draw fouls, the less it becomes worrisome that he starts off cold.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    I never gave it much thought, if not it I think it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I never gave it much thought, if not it I think it should be.
    As posted earlier, it is not counted as a missed attempt. It is inherently misleading, and somewhat unfair, to penalize someone for a shot missed while someone was hitting them across their arms.

I'm not sure Granger can become a lock down defender. he is a good defender but not at an Artest level. He's too nice.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    As posted earlier, it is not counted as a missed attempt. It is inherently misleading, and somewhat unfair, to penalize someone for a shot missed while someone was hitting them across their arms.
    Of course, it's also misleading to look at someone who shot 10 free throws and say "Look, they only took 7 shots and made 3!" (numbers created from thin air).

That's why Reggie's great points per shot stat was never as impressive to me.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by DgR View Post
    I'm not sure Granger can become a lock down defender. he is a good defender but not at an Artest level. He's too nice.
    LOL ya most of the best defenders have that bad guy attitude
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

That's why Reggie's great points per shot stat was never as impressive to me.
    we don't speak like that here...
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only