Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding Roy Hibbert Stats

Cool Outstanding Roy Hibbert Stats

I found these stats incredible. I know its only pre-season but just watching him, I can just tell he is going to be a man beast.

Defiently the next Ewing/Bynum.

"Rookie center Roy Hibbert has totaled 32 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks in 45 minutes in the last two games"

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

Default Re: Outstanding Roy Hibbert Stats

Can we all please calm down. I'm as high on Hibbert as anybody, but please, let's stop with the "He's the next ______!!!" stuff.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

lmao..
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we all please calm down. I'm as high on Hibbert as anybody, but please, let's stop with the "He's the next ______!!!" stuff.
    lmao

He is the real deal. I was saying months ago our frontcourt is looking pretty good with Rasho, Hibbert, Foster, Murphy, and I'm really excited what McRoberts bring I hope he makes the cuts.

He fits JOBs system so well and others have old me that doesn't make him good but I think he will progress and earn a job in this league with us if we give him the chance. His quickness for a big man is a dream.

Ford Jack Diener Granger Dunleavy Rush up front and we are vastly improved team. Larry has been doing so well since Walsh left.

We are gonna break .500 people watch out, the Pacers are back. I just hope we aren't too good because I want a decent draft next year.

Quote Originally Posted by granger33 View Post

If you want to crown his @ss, just do what Denny Green says and crown him now.
    Last edited by d_c; 10-17-2008 at 03:19 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hate seeing both Hibbert and Bynum lumped in with Ewing.
    Pacers,baby!

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I'm with Hicks. Let's first see how he does during the regular season, against better opponents and with teams having adjusted to him and having scouted him and the weakenesses he also has in his game. Let's just give the guy some time and a breather.

I'm enthousiastic aswell.... and very excited, but let's keep ourselves a little grounded .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I found these stats incredible. I know its only pre-season but just watching him, I can just tell he is going to be a man beast.

"Rookie center Roy Hibbert has totaled 32 points, 14 rebounds and five blocks in 45 minutes in the last two games"
    I am very happy with Roy. I have been pleasantly surprised with every aspect of both his game and his personna.

However, to give you an idea of how premature I think this is, I still consider the jury out on Andrew Bynum.

There's no question that he (Bynum) has a ton of talent, however, he has yet to put together a full season.

This does not mean that either player will not be good, perhaps even special players in the NBA. It simply means that they both still have a great deal to prove.

One of the biggest threats our young guys face is unrealistic expectations.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy Hibbert is the next Jupiter.

Roy Hibbert is the next... Roy Hibbert. I think he is going to be solid at worst but lets see what Roy lets himself become.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Speaking as a Georgetown grad myself, a proponent of team play over individual athleticism and a self-professed casual fan who cares a lot about character.....

....I agree with this.

The season starts in a couple of weeks. It finishes in May. We'll know something by then.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Roy Hibbert is definitely the next player getting minutes at center for the Pacers.

There.

I said it.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

He's better than David Harrison. Although I'm pretty confident that if we dug up some old threads from DH's rookie season we would find similar glowing posts about him.

I wonder what will happen if Roy becomes a career 12/8 guy. Will he be hated for not being the next Ewing/Mutombo or will we be thankful for just having a talented center.

Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News does not help slow down the hype with this recent blog:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...n-the-nba.html

Big men still are gold in the NBA

Thu, Oct 16, 2008
    Eddie Sefko

Putting too much stock in preseason games is a dangerous thing, but we like to live on the edge here. So with that, we'll go out on a limb and say that Indiana rookie Roy Hibbert is already better than half the centers in the NBA.

If you believe that's an indictment on more than half the centers in the NBA, you're right.

But Hibbert is good. He's active in many ways, longer than a ... well, you know. And he's got some nice touch around the basket. He even is moving out to the elbow for face-up jump shots. In short, he looks like another player who stayed in college and is reaping the benefits by being more NBA ready as a rookie.

He's also the butt of one of the worst jokes of the season so far, courtesy of Mavericks' media-relations guru Scott Tomlin. His new wife is from Rockwall, which on Wednesday night during the game, Tomlin said, "is on the other side of Lake Roy Hibbert.

That's bad right there.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Then I'm not interested in Hibbert. We've had enough defiant players with bad attitudes.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

He's active in many ways, longer than a ... well, you know.
    No I don't....What.....Tell Me!!! /
    Anyway.... I too would like to see some of the Hibbert as an All-Star talk quiet down, & lets just be patient & let this kid develope. I do not want to set the bar too high, nor fill his head w/ ideas that he is better then what he is. I can remember many starting to throw praise & expectations @ another young C we had of late, back before most of the ejections & suspentions showed up the reasons why we aere all way too premiture.
    What I DO like about Roy is his "mobility" on the floor. Now before you go confusing "quicks & grace" w/ mobility, let me explain. I like that he has a flow to his movements. He does not lumber around, nor does he appear to lack the cordination that I see many other big's do (esp for one who's 7'3"). He is far from "fluid", but like I said, for his size he has a very nice "flow". And the best things about this is:
    1.) He is not close to being in the kind of NBA shape & conditioning he will be in the years to come. Run him & streangthen him & watch the hell out!
    2.) He is still thinking out there way too much - thinking always slows one down & makes one's movements much more calculated & distint rather then reactive & natural (Rush is experiencing this in a big way right now IMO).
    Roy looks very promising right now, & lets just hope that some of that hype will drive some fans back into Conceco, but lets not burden him w/ the hopes of this franchise just yet. I will enjoy watching his "up's" & will be supporting of his "downs" t/y. I will "Dream of Hakeem" & will "Pray against Grey" (Stewart that is ), and in the end I will hope that Roy is as good as Roy can be, & nothing else.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    If you want to crown his @ss, just do what Denny Green says and crown him now.

Still one of my favorite coaching tirades ever

With that said, I am happy with what I've seen from Roy thus far. Granted we're playing pre-season games and a lot off the ets go on cruise control until the season starts, but I think he has shown some flashes of what he is capable of. I still think Rasho will start most of the year and Roy will take over next year as a full time starter.

If anything, I don't want to see the fans try and him turn into another Andrew Bynum -- more hype and he had a strong of a few good games and suddenly he's the next Ewing or Shaq. Could Bynum or Hibbert be as good as those guys? Sure, but let's see what they're capable of first and ensuring they are doing it consistently before we declare them the next dominant center.

As Uncle Buck mentioned, I can remember a few years ago when Harrison was dominating Bogut during the summer leagues and DH was going to be the next great center and we see how that worked out.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Wow. I think the guy needs to get super heavy minutes this season so that we can find out what we have. I'm certainly not ready for any proclamations of his goodness, averageness, suckiness, or awesomeness. Way too early.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Fun side note: They've replaced JO and Tinsley on the second story of the gift shop (the cut-outs with their heights) with Hibbert and Ford. Hibbert has LONG arms. In fact, it says he has a 7'8 1/4" wingspan!

Remember how we all said about Ike and his long arms: "If only he were 7' tall?" Well..... Roy's 7'2" And actually, doesn't Roy have a LONGER wingspan than Ike to boot? *edit* Draft Express has Ike Diogu with a 7'3 1/2" wingspan.

Roy Hibbert is the next Wilt Chamberlain.

The next Bynum? Is that a good thing?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    What I DO like about Roy is his "mobility" on the floor. Now before you go confusing "quicks & grace" w/ mobility, let me explain. I like that he has a flow to his movements. He does not lumber around, nor does he appear to lack the cordination that I see many other big's do (esp for one who's 7'3"). He is far from "fluid", but like I said, for his size he has a very nice "flow".
    Yep.

Actually [looks both ways], some of his moves remind me of Olajuwan.

Last edited by McKeyFan; 10-17-2008 at 11:27 AM.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The next Bynum? Is that a good thing?
    i don't know actually. bynum is overrated even without proving anything.