Thread: GM and Front Office Salaries

Default GM and Front Office Salaries

Is there a website that states how much money each GM in the league makes, and some work front office workers?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Default Re: GM and Front Office Salaries

I'm not aware of any sites and teams are not required to release the information. Unlike player salaries, which usually leak out, finding front office salaries is a little tougher.

With that said, I think I recall seeing somewhere that a guy like Bird makes something like 4 million a year. My guess is that a guy like Morway is also probably making a million+ a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not aware of any sites and teams are not required to release the information. Unlike player salaries, which usually leak out, finding front office salaries is a little tougher.

With that said, I think I recall seeing somewhere that a guy like Bird makes something like 4 million a year. My guess is that a guy like Morway is also probably making a million+ a year.
    Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering how much a lawyer for an NBA team would make. I dont think the Pacers have a seperate legal team. I think Morway takes care of the legal side. But I could be wrong.

Teams like Raptors have a 3 man legal team. I wonder how much the lawyers make with them?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Having worked for a professional franchise only the top dogs make any kind of money. I had to leave a dream job because I could project out and see that I just wasn't going to make near what I needed in the future. That's the case for a lot of front office people.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I was wondering how much a lawyer for an NBA team would make. I dont think the Pacers have a seperate legal team. I think Morway takes care of the legal side. But I could be wrong.

Teams like Raptors have a 3 man legal team. I wonder how much the lawyers make with them?
    Where did you find this information?

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Where did you find this information?
    well about the Raps, I have a friend who works for them in their marketing team. She told me about the 3 man legal team.

About the Pacers, it was something that I read and came to a conclusion. Im still not 100% sure if the Pacers do or dont have a legal team

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    well about the Raps, I have a friend who works for them in their marketing team. She told me about the 3 man legal team.

About the Pacers, it was something that I read and came to a conclusion. Im still not 100% sure if the Pacers do or dont have a legal team
    Okay, just curious. I didn't know if there was somewhere this information could be obtained other than an inside source.

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    Having worked for a professional franchise only the top dogs make any kind of money. I had to leave a dream job because I could project out and see that I just wasn't going to make near what I needed in the future. That's the case for a lot of front office people.
    An average barrister, at their peak, makes about $300K a year. If I could work for the Raps or Pacers and make $200k or a little under (after a many years, definately not starting), I would be more than happy.

I saw a staff listing for the Pacers and did not see any other attorneys listed, other than Morway, to my knowledge. Some of the teams may contract out services or have a retainer with a firm. With Moway practicing contract law, I'm sure the Pacers turn to him as far as what can and cannot be done regarding the CBA, etc.

I believe legal services for Pacer's Sports and entertainment are contracted out to Ice Miller, a huge local law firm....
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

--Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MarionDeputy View Post
    I believe legal services for Pacer's Sports and entertainment are contracted out to Ice Miller, a huge local law firm....
    I think you are right, but you'll never find information about that in the public domain. The database that I have a subscription to has PS&E's external legal counsel listed as "Not Available".

This either means 'none of our business' or the law firm known as Not Available, LLC has a huge list of clients.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

I found out some information. Apparently, every team has atleast one General Counsel (a lawyer), some teams have more like the Raps who apparently have 3. They dont necessarily draft contracts or negotiate for them, just give them general corporate advice. Which is good for me, because I am specializing in Corporate and Commercial Law

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well yeah. Every operating company in the world over a certain size (say, $10 million in revenue) has a general counsel either on payroll or on a retainer. Especially if they have contracts, or leases, or employees.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you