Thread: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Bulls-Ft. Wayne- 10/10/08

Default heywoode's photos from Pacers-Bulls-Ft. Wayne- 10/10/08

Enjoyed the game. Wish they played half their games there so my ride home was only a half hour.

I had the misfortune of bad lighting in the Coliseum and I had the f-stop on my camera jacked up, so I apologize for the quality of the photos this time...

I kinda like the look of these next few blurry ones....

I'm gonna like Hibby, I just know it!

They called one goaltending call, but I'm not sure if this one was it. They blew one goaltending call too...

Who wouldn't like this guy?!

I was hoping Dunleavy would wear his pimp suit...but no.

The contest was to make a sandwich out of a bunch of foam stuff with you and your spouse as the buns...

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Sports Logo

Default Re: heywoode's photos from Pacers-Bulls-Ft. Wayne- 10/10/08

I'm loving your pics. Especially the ones of Hibbert and the one of TJ coasting for that layup. I'm considering using the one of Hibbert shooting the jumper as my avatar, with your permission of course.

by all means, use any of them for anything, except in publication or to make a profit!

Some great photos buddy. I am sure you have answered this before but what kind of camera and lens are you using for these?

Seemed like you were nice and close for the game. I think I read you were 6th row? Am I making that up or is the Newman8r correct?

Great photos. But that sandwhich-spouse thing doesn't exactly seem family friendly. Hope they covered the eyes of all the kiddies.

Since you were at the game could you tell me about Hibbert's shot attempts? What types of shots did he miss and what type did he make if you can remember. Also I'm reading that O'Brien's offense is more spread out and essentially calls for a clearing out of the paint to allow for cuts and drives (not that dissimiliar to the Gtown style of play). Was Hibbert away from the basket most of his time on the court as a result?

I like all your pics, but I really like to see pics of the Pacers bench in the back ground to see who's paying attention. Etc.

Hibby was all over the court, and only shot a few times. He wasn't really feeling it and I think he missed most of his attempts. He made some good passes and was a great presence in the paint. I REALLY appreciated his hustle after missed shots and his blocking out when a shot went up. He got us quite a few extra possessions, and that is what I'm looking for. He'll do just fine. When his shots start falling, he will be a big asset to the offense, and I see him starting not long into the regular season. He had a few back-to-the-basket post move shot attempts that were fluid but the shots weren't falling. They weren't off enough to make me think the guy can't shoot; he was just off a bit.

The spacing in the offense was what you described. I remember remarking to my friends that with Hibby or Rasho in the middle, and Jack & Ford playing, there was a ton of opportunity for slashing and driving. They had the spacing and freedom to create on the dribble or passing into the middle and getting a give & go pass back for a layup or short jumper. This team will be fun to watch all season as they grow.

It is gonna take some time because there are so many new guys, but the guys we have all have talent and we have a real chance to build a couple of solid rotations. I can't wait to get Mike back on the court, and I hope Troy can pick up the defense and movement or he won't be of much value. JMO.

Newman, I have a Canon Rebel XT, and I was using a Canon 17-85mm f/4-5.6 lens. I shoot in aperture priority (Av) mode, and for some reason the aperture setting was dialed higher than the bare minimum for whatever the zoom was set to. Hence all the blur in the shots. Had I dialed the f-stop down to bare minimum when I started shooting, it would've stayed as low as possible for where I was zoomed. Easy setting to fix, and I shoulda been paying better attention. I was having so much fun sitting in the 6th row for the price of $10 nosebleeds that I got a little giddy and forgot what I was doing! Like I said, we bought $10 tix that were in section 604, about 15 rows from the ceiling. We never intended to go up there, and we didn't. We walked in at floor level and scoped some open seats and went up and made ourselves comfortable in the 8th row at about 3/4 court. We sat there for most of the first quarter, but then got booted when the real ticketholders showed up late. We went up a staircase, over one aisle to midcourt or so, and went back down to six seats open right on the aisle in the 6th row. We sat in the first three, and the other three stayed open until some other squatters came about midway through the fourth and took them. We didn't get bothered at all the rest of the game. We were laughing at our Mayor and his son who were sitting four rows below us and who paid $85 each for those seats. They were kinda bitter towards us, but I don't know why!

The sandwich-spouse game WAS family friendly, as the bun suits were like those inflatable sumo suits, but deflated. When the lady who was the runner got the last piece of foam (bacon), she jumped high and landed on the stack and the crowd giggled. It was just fine for the kiddies. They didn't do any grinding or anything!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Heywoode...your photos are second to none as always.

Thanks for the info, heywoode

From the look of your pics, I bet you are in this picture somewhere.:-)

I enjoyed those, even the blurry ones, - those made the players seem faster.

Does seem like even the Fort Wayne crowd adheres to the common NBA crowd's custom of arriving late

Yes, there were a ton of late-comers. We had to move near the end of the first quarter because people came late and we were squatting in their seats! It worked out as we got to move to closer to midcourt. There were still a ton of people arriving as late as the third quarter...Glad you liked the photos, UB!

spazz, yes, I'm in that photo somewhere. I looked pretty hard to try and find myself, but the area where we were sitting is just too far from the camera to make us out.

Good stuff, wooderow.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by KennerLeaguer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since you were at the game could you tell me about Hibbert's shot attempts? What types of shots did he miss and what type did he make if you can remember. Also I'm reading that O'Brien's offense is more spread out and essentially calls for a clearing out of the paint to allow for cuts and drives (not that dissimiliar to the Gtown style of play). Was Hibbert away from the basket most of his time on the court as a result?
    Here's some of the action the next Dikembe Mutombo was involved in during the game.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Nicely done, Rat!

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nicely done, Rat!
    Yes! A big thanks from someone with little to no preseason access.

It's great to see Hibbert in a pro game. He looks every bit as good as he was in college, but his screening is quite a bit better than I remember it being.

I think he's still more unpolished than it looks right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an inconsistent first half of the season.
    Last edited by imawhat; 10-13-2008 at 11:16 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those pics look sorta pixelated.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Thanks for the input. Glad you took the time to notice. I would say that pixelated is the wrong word. They are blurry in places of motion because of what I described in the first post.