Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sox vs. Rays

Default Sox vs. Rays

Opted to stay home to watch Game 2 of this series.

And, wow, sorta glad I did. Seven homers already by the 5th (tied the postseason record) and this is looking to be the type of game you don't wanna half-*** watch at the bar with no sound.

Dustin Pedroia is officially back. Beckett is officially not right. Evan Longoria is officially scary. Carl Crawford is officially an idiot. (It's gonna be great how the same people who chastise Manny for minor brain-farts in June will not even mention that potentially game-changing, lacksidaisical and "disgraceful" pick-off.)

Regardless, this is becoming a helluva series and I'll be sincerely disappointed if there is not at least one bench-clearing brawl.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 10-11-2008 at 10:19 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

Default Re: Sox vs. Rays

not really digging this jacoby slump either

however, it is starting to look like oki might be back...so i guess that's something
    This is the darkest timeline.

I was at a bar and I found myself surprisingly hooked to this game and even more surprisingly pissed off when the Sox lost. Sorry guys. At least you go back to Fenway tied.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not really digging this jacoby slump either

however, it is starting to look like oki might be back...so i guess that's something
    Him and Jason "Automatic Out" Varitek killing our rallies. Jacoby really needs to start getting on base or we're cooked. Okie Doke looked great though, which was indeed nice.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I was at a bar and I found myself surprisingly hooked to this game and even more surprisingly pissed off when the Sox lost. Sorry guys. At least you go back to Fenway tied.
    watching a sox game rhino bar in gtown is quite an experience if you ever get the chance.

1-1 isn't bad and we open with lester so i feel good about that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Him and Jason "Automatic Out" Varitek killing our rallies. Jacoby really needs to start getting on base or we're cooked. Okie Doke looked great though, which was indeed nice.
    basically.

EDIT: i also find it unacceptable that the phillies and dodgers brawled before we did. i'm ashamed.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 10-12-2008 at 09:59 PM.

Is this baseball or hockey? Nevermind, I don't care.

See, the thing is. The Rays are the worst team in Tampa Bay, besides the Bucs and the Red Sox are the worst baseball team in New England, hands down. How do both of those teams make the playoffs AND advance?

streets ahead

mother****ing **** and ****.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

you know what my favorite part is? having a DH that can't hit. awesome.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go Rays!

Howell has been fantastic this series. Tampa looks to have the edge in the bullpen. Never count out Boston. B J Upton has shown a lot of skill in the post season. Somebody might offer him Carlos Beltran $.

I was at work and then turn on the radio to hear 5-0 Rays. Lester was pitching lights out till yesterday. Do the Sox's fans wish they traded Big Poppi instead of Manny Right Now?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I only root for the Red Sox when they're playing the Yankees. Otherwise, they can go suck a light socket while holding hands with the Patriots and Celtics.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Do the Sox's fans wish they traded Big Poppi instead of Manny Right Now?
    actually i'm thrilled that we got rid of arguably the most prolific hitter in red sox history AND that we're paying his salary to pull the dodgers into the playoffs.

what happened happened. i'm think jbay is a fine player, he's been solid in the playoffs so far. that being said, the guy is jd drew - the sequel. i understand that they wanted better chemstry but manny would have sucked it up for a playoff run the team could have just let him walk and be done with it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

actually i'm thrilled that we got rid of arguably the most prolific hitter in red sox history AND that we're paying his salary to pull the dodgers into the playoffs.

what happened happened. i'm think jbay is a fine player, he's been solid in the playoffs so far. that being said, the guy is jd drew - the sequel. i understand that they wanted better chemstry but manny would have sucked it up for a playoff run the team could have just let him walk and be done with it.
    Manny would have, but would have the rest of the team? The team persona has changed in just a few short years.

The rest of the club has a business attitude, and Manny isn't that. Emotionally and mentally, they are completely different than the first WS team. Manny could have hit .400 but if no one else around him can produce they weren't gonna do anything to begin with.

I FOR ONE AM ****ING ECSTATIC THEY TRADED MANNY. AMAZING ****ING IDEA, ****BUMS. AWESOME...JUST AWESOME. I'LL PUNCH YOUR GRANDMOTHER IN THE THROAT AND BURN DOWN YOUR ****ING HOUSE.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Manny would have complained and begged out of enough games they might not have won the wild card without the trade.

I'll take Bay, especially since it means 12 million more to spend next year (difference between Bay and Manny's salary).

The sideshow act had to end.

Papi's wrist isn't right. Maybe it won't get right.

streets ahead

how the **** did we suddenly forget how ****ing play baseball? ****!

Wow, what an ass-whoopin'.

how the **** did we suddenly forget how ****ing play baseball? ****!
    My Yankee friend texted me saying "Too bad they had to also remove Papi's balls during the operation to excise your locker room cancer."

Manny would have complained and begged out of enough games they might not have won the wild card without the trade.

I'll take Bay, especially since it means 12 million more to spend next year (difference between Bay and Manny's salary).
    Or we could have just gotten two draft picks when Manny walked as a free agent plus had the entirety of that $20 million to throw at Matt Holliday. But why would we want Matt Holliday when it will be so much more fun to watch him hit .340/35/120 in Pinstripes in the House that Bloomberg Built for the next six years? I'm sure Jason Bay will win a bunch of Silver Sluggers though.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 10-14-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

My Yankee friend texted me saying "Too bad they had to also remove Papi's balls during the operation to excise your locker room cancer."
    then he prompty hits a triple - just shy of a home run. as with your junk, baseball is all about inches.

Or we could have just gotten two draft picks when Manny walked as a free agent plus had the entirety of that $20 million to throw at Matt Holliday. Why would we want Matt Holliday though when it will be so much more fun to watch him hit .340/35/120 in Pinstripes in the House that Bloomberg Built for the next six years though.
    yeah ... ****
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 10-14-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Ah the Red Sox are finally back to being the Red Sox
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a story with the Tampa Bay Rays. Really goes to show that no matter how bad last season was, next year can be completely different. With that being said I fully expect the Pacers to be in the NBA Finals now. The Rays have given me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    What a story with the Tampa Bay Rays. Really goes to show that no matter how bad last season was, next year can be completely different. With that being said I fully expect the Pacers to be in the NBA Finals now. The Rays have given me hope.
    No matter what sport you play I feel if you believe in yourselves and work together as a unit you will make things happen from Cyo Girl's Kickball to MLB. I really believe the Pacers have the right guys in place. Hibbert works hard and does not let anybody push him around ask Melvin Ely. TJ Ford is a winner and has a great passion for the game. Will the Pacer be in the NBA Finals this year. No. But I think we will be a powerhouse the year after that (pending injuries or tragic events). Detroit and Boston will be old and we will be back on top of the Eastern Conference by 2010.

being down 7-0 with 7 outs to go and coming back is hard to put into perspective.

Elias Sports Bureau says that the odds, at that time, of winning the game were 0.7%.

In an elimination game especially, that was all-time amazing.

It would be like a football team down 42-0 in the 4th quarter, scoring 6 touchdowns, and then the 2-point conversion for the win.

Oddly the win came at 12:16 AM on 10-17-2008, 5 years to the minute after Aaron Boone homered at 12:16 AM on 10-17-2003.

Now THAT is strange.

Wow. I stopped paying attention at like 5-0. Thought Tampa Bay had it all wrapped up. Now it's a series again.