Thread: Must read discussion about TMac trade on Realgm

Default Must read discussion about TMac trade on Realgm

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...025d11b0065654

The first post is from a magic fan about trading TMac to the Pacer's. The guy is flat out good! Some of our members join the discussion and make good points too.

I would post the whole discussion, but it's too long.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Must read discussion about TMac trade on Realgm

Nice discussion indeed! Decent analysis from my compatriot I would say.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

That was pretty good.

I won't bother to tell them that there's no way we give up Tinsley. That'd be a step backwards.

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He laid it out quite nicely. The deal he said 3 of the following - Artest, Harrington, Bender and Tinsley - seems favored in the Magic's favor too much. The Pacers are gutting their team for the 'possibility' of winning it all. The more I think about it the more I think the odds are better if the Pacers stand pat and sign a good FA that can shoot.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Just a small part I wanted to copy here, nothing really HUGE, but interesting nonetheless, I would say.

"Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:45 pm
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As some of you may know (Okay, maybe just Iggy, ivDT, and MacisGod...aka, Urnumber1fan), I live in Nap and I've been listenting to the radio a lot recently.

Today, they talked about a lot of different fronts and situations about a trade.

The first thing they brought up is that Walsh, Rick, and Larry really want McGrady - especially Rick. Rick is pushing really hard to get McGrady. They reported that it was rumored that Rick and Jermaine "just" went out to eat with Tracy during the All-Star break weekend and how Tracy flew into Detroit for game 3 and was definitely hanging out with Jermaine.

They talked about a package of Option + Bender...meaning, Walsh has only presented the Magic the option of having either Ron or Al and then having Bender along with it. Mentioned that the Magic have asked for all four (Where Tinsley was involved), but it was the first asking price and immediately turned down.

They argued over who Bird and Walsh would rather let go and they both agreed that it's still a toss up because of what Ron has proven defensively. They believe that Jermaine and Rick might actually prefer Ron be the one out the door.

They then went on to talk about McGrady's "baggage". One of the guys made a case that the last person Tracy would want to see in the lockerroom if things didn't go well was Larry Bird. Went on to say that if anyone can clear up McGrady's "baggage" - it's Larry Bird. Said that Larry would be Tracy's "advisor".

Then they talked about the potential of a O'neal/McGrady 1-2 punch and who would be the go-to-guy. They said that McGrady is possibly the best scorer in the league and would more than likely be the true first option, but Jermaine would be more of a McHale type of option than a player who defers to a 2nd option role.

They mentioned that Bird evisions a team that is built like his 80s Celtics where there were a lot of options between the 1st quarter and last 4-5 minutes, but how he needs a guy like Tracy to step up like he did to carry them down the stretch.

How Bird came to Indiana because other than the fact that he's from French Lick, he believes that because they have such a long history and Indiana is "basketball country" - with championships won, the Pacers might be the only team that has potential to be a historic franchise like his former Celtics. A team that was built more on what they represent basketball-wise than the market they hold.

They gave facts to back up Bird's lust for making the Pacers a traditional team. They mentioned that Walsh has already stated that the Pacers are likely to change their jerseys after next season to incorporate more of a traditional look that uses the Blue and Gold (Yellow, whatever) in a solid fashion like their old jerseys and how Bird has been pushing for black shoes at all times, but unlikely because of the new era of shoe contracts being even on the worst of players.

That's about it. I'm sure they will discuss more on it tomorrow."

Regards,

Mourning

Yeah, I like (if true) that Rick and JO are in their ear about getting him. I'd love to have him.

Yeah, I like (if true) that Rick and JO are in their ear about getting him. I'd love to have him.
    IF true, yes, that would be great. In the end it will prob be 3 for 1 Artest + Harrington/Bender + ??? (Jonhson?).

Regards,

Mourning