Thread: What happens to Reggie if T-Mac comes?

Default What happens to Reggie if T-Mac comes?

Think about it, neither can play the 3 full time and Fred Jones is ever improving his game which means more playing time for him.

If Reggie doesn't retire, and T-Mac gets traded here what happens?

Steveman

Default Re: What happens to Reggie if T-Mac comes?

Reggie will back him up

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Pretty simple IMO depending on who we trade. Reg either starts at 2 and T-Mac plays 3 or Reg backs up T-Mac at 2. Fred could get back minutes at 1 and 2 depending on matchups.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They have a nice warm spot for him on the bench Reggie will Backup Tmac .

it depends on who is traded.

If someone stuck a gun to my head right now, I would say that Ron and AL will be traded to the Magic for T-Mac, I am convinced that is what it will take and that is the best offer the Magic will get.

if that happens, I see Reggie starting with Tinsley, Mcgrady, J.O and Foster, and then we'll just see how much we mis Artest.

Fred, Bender, AJ, Cro come off the bench.

having said all this....right now at 11:50 PM June 17th, I can't say that the Pacers will be better after that trade, different, but maybe not better. Where are all the energy players, we are left with Jeff, makes me very nervous

Like everyone else has already said... Reg will gladly move to the bench.

Then it becomes a matter of who is left after the trade.

The Best Possible Scenario:
    Tins
    Tmac
    Artest
    Jo
    Foster

Tins
    Tmac
    Bender
    JO
    Foster

Tins
    Fred
    Tmac
    JO
    Foster

Tins
    Tmac
    Al
    JO
    Foster

you get the picture

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

There is NO WAY we would lose BOTH RA and AH to trades. Unless they are convinced Bender is ready to play SF or they get starter back. TmcG will be a SG with the P's otherwise the deal makes NO sense.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

It all really hinges on alot of diffrent factors , alot of those won't be answered til deals go down and trades are made etc .

There is NO WAY we would lose BOTH RA and AH to trades. Unless they are convinced Bender is ready to play SF or they get starter back. TmcG will be a SG with the P's otherwise the deal makes NO sense.
    Honestly...I believe we will lose Ron (plus a player like Bender), or Ron and Al...in individual trades.

But hey, that's just me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can you imagine a starting line-up with JO, T-Mac, and Bender? What a block party!

Artest and McGrady will start. Miller will come off the bench at SG. He'll either be in there with Artest or McGrady... either one works. It's a nice 3-man rotation at the swing positions.

Foster backs up JO and Blount, Bender backs up both forward spots, and either Chucky or Johnson backs up PG. That's a pretty solid 9-man rotation, and you've still got the Joneses, Brezec, and Brewer waiting for an injury.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can you imagine a starting line-up with JO, T-Mac, and Bender? What a block party!
    I'm starting to see visions of that lineup. I know Bender is still a big IF, but man if he could life up to half of his hype, what a team. I still have to think about Larry, Donnie and Rick saying Bender has more raw talent than all of our highschool kids, maybe I'm dreaming.

Artest and McGrady will start. Miller will come off the bench at SG. He'll either be in there with Artest or McGrady... either one works. It's a nice 3-man rotation at the swing positions.

Foster backs up JO and Blount, Bender backs up both forward spots, and either Chucky or Johnson backs up PG. That's a pretty solid 9-man rotation, and you've still got the Joneses, Brezec, and Brewer waiting for an injury.
    And we would be trading...who exactly for T-Mac?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's what I was thinking?

Ehh, you're right. I didn't mean Bender, I meant Gooden. But Juwan Howard is more likely.

A move that works perfectly is a 3way:

Indy: Harrington, Bender, Freddy, Pollard, and #29 for TMac and Howard
    Chicago: Pippen and the #3 for Harrington
    Orlando: TMac and Howard for Pippen, #3, Bender, Freddy, Pollard, and #29

Then we S&T with Boston (they owe us) either Croshere for Blount/filler or Croshere/Johnson for Blount/Chucky.

Blount/JO/Artest/TMac/Tinsley, backed up by Foster/Howard/Reggie/Chucky. A solid 9-man rotation.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ehh, you're right. I didn't mean Bender, I meant Gooden. But Juwan Howard is more likely.

A move that works perfectly is a 3way:

Indy: Harrington, Bender, Freddy, Pollard, and #29 for TMac and Howard
    Chicago: Pippen and the #3 for Harrington
    Orlando: TMac and Howard for Pippen, #3, Bender, Freddy, Pollard, and #29

Then we S&T with Boston (they owe us) either Croshere for Blount/filler or Croshere/Johnson for Blount/Chucky.

Blount/JO/Artest/TMac/Tinsley, backed up by Foster/Howard/Reggie/Chucky. A solid 9-man rotation.
    I could go for that in a heartbeat, don't know if the other 2 teams would agree or if Boston would. I still hate to get rid of Freddie though, but that seems to be the only way to keep Artest and still get T-Mac.

Yes that would rival the Pistons front line as far as blocking shots.

I would want in that case J.O. to play center and Bender PF and T-Mac small forward. That is a dynamic lineup

Yes that would rival the Pistons front line as far as blocking shots.

I would want in that case J.O. to play center and Bender PF and T-Mac small forward. That is a dynamic lineup
    Unless Bender strains his ears or nose or something...that is a career ending injury possibly...could be on the IR for months...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Chambizzle

Yea, Bender seems to always wind up hurt :\

I think him and Grant Hill should join a club or something.

If Reggie doesn't retire, and T-Mac gets traded here what happens (to Reggie)?
    [color=red:9f6f952a9d]He gets one year older. [/color]

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

With all the sexual innuendo around here the past couple of days... I can't figure out how this thread has been excluded.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

LAPacer

With all the sexual innuendo around here the past couple of days... I can't figure out how this thread has been excluded.