Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why We Don't Want Tmac

Default Why We Don't Want Tmac

I was just on a Magic board and read something that concerned me. They were talking about how the only players that can consistently guard Tmac are Tmac and Tayshaun.

Tmac shot 11-44 against the Pistons last year and they said it was due to the fact that Tayshaun went 1 on 1 with him and botherd him (Kobe, Artest). Then, they had Ben shadow him to seal up any seems Tmac found.

They also said that Tayshaun was also a big reason the Pistons came back from down 3-1 last year. Rick put him on Tmac and that took out the Pistons!

This concerns me. This concerns me ALOT!

Why would we want to get Tmac, only to have him shut down in the ECF by Tayshaun?

Default Re: Why We Don't Want Tmac

Uh - I'll take the chance.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Oh, btw I am not saying I don't want Tmac now...I am just confused.

I am taking all this from what was said on the Magic forum

http://mb3.theinsiders.com/forlandom...cID=1768.topic (scroll down a bit)

I have not seen Tayshaun defened Tmac before

Uh - I'll take the chance.
    This is assuming we have to give up Ron to get him.

If we can get Tmac without giving up Ron, this would not worry me 1 bit...Nothing would

We all have to admit that Prince is a great defender, and the pistons are a great defensive team. So it isn't like we can get anyone better that would be able to score on the Pistons.

capaman

If we can get Tmac without giving up Ron, this would not worry me 1 bit...Nothing would
    Amen, but what are the odds of that? ed:

pb777

Ben wont have the luxury of helping out on D vs TMac. That would leave JO or Foster wide open. It is a totally different situation in Indy. TMac would not be the only option in Indy like he was in Orlando. Even if Tay goes 1 on 1 againt TMac, there is not the smae pressure on TMac to score 40 pts to get the W. I think he would actually get back at Tay for shutting him down in that series 2 years ago...

We all have to admit that Prince is a great defender, and the pistons are a great defensive team. So it isn't like we can get anyone better that would be able to score on the Pistons.
    Ok UB, but you have admitted that by getting Tmac and giving up Ron, we are going to lose something on the defensive end.

So will the offense we gain with tmac combined with the D we lose be enough to beat the Pistons?

Or would we be better off keeping Ron and slugging it out with them Defensively for another year?

Ben wont have the luxury of helping out on D vs TMac. That would leave JO or Foster wide open. It is a totally different situation in Indy. TMac would not be the only option in Indy like he was in Orlando. Even if Tay goes 1 on 1 againt TMac, there is not the smae pressure on TMac to score 40 pts to get the W. I think he would actually get back at Tay for shutting him down in that series 2 years ago...
    That is not a big fear of the Pistons. And assuming they resign Rasheed, they can put one of the Wallaces on JO and let the other sag off Jeff to shadow Tmac.

Ok UB, but you have admitted that by getting Tmac and giving up Ron, we are going to lose something on the defensive end.

So will the offense we gain with tmac combind with the D we lose be enough to beat the Pistons?

Or would we be better off keeping Ron and slugging it out with them Defensively for another year?
    This is the million dollar question.

Or questions.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

lol Tayshaun was calling himself the Tmac stopper after game 2. And Tmac lit him up in 3,4, ...
    Tmac just didn't have anything left once the double and triple teams came at him. He started forcing. Don't yall get it? THEY CAN'T DOUBLE OR TRIPLE HIM! Ben won't shadow him..cause if he does...it's kick to jermaine for countless open 15 footers.
    Or JTins can penetrate and if anyone collapses...that's trouble. Trust me carlisle is a good coach which is what t-mac needs. He will show tmac how to stop that. Because in orlando, all our guys do is stand around waiting for the ball while t-mac trys to go to work. It's sickening...

[quote="JOneal7"]lol Tayshaun was calling himself the Tmac stopper after game 2. And Tmac lit him up in 3,4, ...
    Tmac just didn't have anything left once the double and triple teams came at him. He started forcing. Don't yall get it? THEY CAN'T DOUBLE OR TRIPLE HIM! Ben won't shadow him..cause if he does...it's kick to jermaine for countless open 15 footers.
    Or JTins can penetrate and if anyone collapses...that's trouble. Trust me carlisle is a good coach which is what t-mac needs. He will show tmac how to stop that. Because in orlando, all our guys do is stand around waiting for the ball while t-mac trys to go to work. It's sickening...[/quote]

Yes...I can attest to that. I've seen a few Magic games, all of which include 4 players standing around while Tmac goes to work. No wonder why he started Jacking up 3's this year. I don't blame him.

So will the offense we gain with tmac combined with the D we lose be enough to beat the Pistons?

It is so difficult for me even to discuss the possibility of trading Artest.

We without question lose something defensively with a possible Artest for McGrady trade. Tinsley and Reggie are not very good defensively, Reggie tries hard, and Tinsley has great hands and is effecitve in his own way, but if T-Mac is the small forward, the defense suffers. (Please sign Bruce Bowen if Ron is traded)

The question is can the defensive system that the Pacers use offset the loss of Artest enough so that the increased offense makes up for the loss of defense. I think I just re-stated your question. Sorry. I don't know the answer.

Sports Logo

I am not worried about what Tayshaun could do simply because as others have pointed out we have a lot more options that just him.

Just thinking about the pick and rolls and inside outside game with T-Mac and J.O. on the team make me

I am not worried about what Tayshaun could do simply because as others have pointed out we have a lot more options that just him.

Just thinking about the pick and rolls and inside outside game with T-Mac and J.O. on the team make me

Imagine HOW MUCH drooling there is going to be...we could make our own lake...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

I've already got my own puddle going

And UB, I guess Suave was right...that is the Million Dollar Question

Sports Logo

Folks as we enter Indianapolis you might want to look over the left side of the plane and see the newest great lake. Lake Pacer fan drool

Folks as we enter Indianapolis you might want to look over the left side of the plane and see the newest great lake. Lake Pacer fan drool
    Or jsut Lake Drool...since its inception in 2004, it has steadily risen to monumentous levels. Apparently, it is said that random people not wanted by the Pacers were dumped into here and never found again...

And UB, I guess Suave was right...that is the Million Dollar Question
    It worries me so much. I don't want to lose artest at all. I simply don't know if it is worth it. Sigh...

I fear that Artest won't be happy being the third option on offense, maybe in 3 or 4 years when he matures a little more he might, but right now he want to be at least number two, and I don't think he will accept being the 3rd option, scoring around 14 points per game, moving the ball when he gets it.

Now if Ron could accept his offensive role as a 3rd option, with Ron, J.O. and Tracy, Pacers would win it all next season, no doubt in my mind.

This is assuming of course that we could get Tracy without giving up Ron, which I doubt.

I fear that Artest won't be happy being the third option on offense, maybe in 3 or 4 years when he matures a little more he might, but right now he want to be at least number two, and I don't think he will accept being the 3rd option, scoring around 14 points per game, moving the ball when he gets it.

Now if Ron could accept his offensive role as a 3rd option, with Ron, J.O. and Tracy, Pacers would win it all next season, no doubt in my mind.

This is assuming of course that we could get Tracy without giving up Ron, which I doubt.
    That is my concern about keeping Ron as well. I think there will be many a games when we are screaming at the TV and posting threads about Ron holding the ball when he should be moving it.

Maybe DW and LB don't want to keep artest for this reason? (Cancer)

Did I just say that?

Sports Logo

Thats the dream. I just dont think it will happen because it is just too much to hope for.

cmon people! Ron wanted "More Touches" and "More Shots" even after he basically tryed to force so many shots in the ECF. He won't take a backseat to tmac! as for tmac jacking up 3's...well what would you do? DRIVE to the basket? RISK Getting injured? after you have lost 19 games already and in to deep of a hole? last thing you want to do is risk bein injured. Because this team knew they wearnt doing crap even if they somehow made a miracle and made the playoffs. T-mac here? Oh yes it makes me want to start my own drool lake to lol
    T-mac...JO...oh man...

Tayshaun's a SF, right?

Sure, he can switch onto McGrady, but that leaves Rip guarding Artest.

The advantage there is much bigger than Artest guarding Rip.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!