Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone do yourself a favor

Banned

Default Everyone do yourself a favor

At your first opportunity this pre-season, try to watch a Blazer game on TV. Rudy Fernandez is UNBELIEVABLE! I haven't seen a player pass the ball and play with that kind of flair since...(I hate to say it, but it's true...) Magic Johnson.

That is the way basketball is supposed to be played. I hope ESPN runs some of his highlights, you'll see what I mean. The Blazers are going to be VERY good. Between Rudy and Oden, I predict that not only will Portland have the Rookie-Of-The-Year, but they'll also have the runner-up.
    Last edited by Roy Munson; 01-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Everyone do yourself a favor

Rush and Roy.

Pacers, baby.

Just to remind everyone, Rudy was one of those picks bought by the Blazers from the Suns for "cash considerations."

the blazers are what the pacers should have been...and the blazers will also be yet another perfect example of why the draft is so important, especially top 5 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the blazers are what the pacers should have been...and the blazers will also be yet another perfect example of why the draft is so important, especially top 5 picks.
    I dont think the Blazers are anything the Pacers want to be. Sure they might have a good team right now. They've had such bad past 3 seasons. No wonder they've improved so much, they've had a top 3 pick in the last 3 or 4 drafts. They managed to pick up Aldridge, Roy and Oden
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

i really like his game. He stepped up against the U.S. Compared to the likes of Mckael Pietrus, he is so much better. but compare to Manu he still got ways to go. but dude has incredbile athletic ability!!
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I dont think the Blazers are anything the Pacers want to be. Sure they might have a good team right now. They've had such bad past 3 seasons. No wonder they've improved so much, they've had a top 3 pick in the last 3 or 4 drafts. They managed to pick up Aldridge, Roy and Oden
    Actually both Aldridge and Roy were trades that the Blazers worked out. They had a very very very aggressive G.M. who went out made a lot of trades.

They swindled both the Bulls and the Wolves.

However this being the first season of Bird and Morroway I think they have done a fine job as well so no hate from me on this.

I agree, he's a quailty player, i just hope he gets enough PT on that team..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Why does some NBA international players finally get noticed after playing good games versus the USA Team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    Why does some NBA international players finally get noticed after playing good games versus the USA Team ?
    Because it's the best players you can face before entering NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWqSjBYqZio

some highlights from Oden and Fernandez, Oden looks really big and strong, the crowd is crazy for a preaseason game.
    Last edited by Chewy; 10-08-2008 at 08:32 AM.

when will he ever learn? underwave's Avatar

i saw him in olympic games and today, after watching the highlight it left me in aw. i know it's just a pre-season game but still. the most incredible part is, unlike ordinary athletic freak he has a good understanding of tha game. my teams to watch this season was Hornets/Jazz/Timberwolves
    Pacers/76ers/Bobcats
    but i guess i should make a change.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds like the secret is to have a top draft pick that everyone agrees is the next hot stuff get injured and miss his rookie season.

Oh, and the "heal up for the second season part." I think we always end up forgetting that one.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Some great highlights, but let's remember they were playing against the Charman Curtain of Sacramento.....

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Sounds like the secret is to have a top draft pick that everyone agrees is the next hot stuff get injured and miss his rookie season.

Oh, and the "heal up for the second season part." I think we always end up forgetting that one.
    I'll go break Brandon's legs.

Well, it's a lot easier when you've got lots of money behind you from your owner. Also, it's not all about the top 5 pick. The Blazers original pick would have been Tyrus Thomas. It took some astute GMing to trade up to get Aldridge.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So who is going to play SF?

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I think that Bird has "shown" that he can be somewhat aggressive. The Zach Randolph trade was ridiculous. That helped them free up cap and roster to aquire guys like Rudy. My guess is that Portland's owner allows the GM to make moves. Having the 1st pick fall into your lap and having McHale swap Roy for Foye helps.

Speaking of McHale. 20 years from now he could be the worst GM in the history of sports.
    Garnet, Mayo, and Roy traded.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone else think Oden looked like a young Shaq out there? Bullied his way around at the hoop and dunked every time her could.

Thats what I noticed from the highlights at least.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    So who is going to play SF?
    Martell Webster and Travis Outlaw.

really. Tell that to the hawks, and clippers.

How many years in a row did they have top 5 picks and how many years have they been horrible?

The draft is a crap shoot. You would never lose a season on a player who may or may not pan out and also may or not stay once his contract is done and is in him prime.

Far to many times does a rookie become really good in his last year only to leave that team for another just for the money. Then you are in the same spot you were in 3 - 4 years ago.

I can't see croz, so maybe he's already addressed this.

But the only top-5 pick the Blazers have in their rotation, as far as I can remember, is Greg Oden. And if I remember correctly, the Blazers almost missed the lottery the year they drafted him. They were a #13 seed or something, and just lucked into the right pingpong ball.

So if they'd tanked to get that pick, they'd likely have been in much worse shape afterwards.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'll go break Brandon's legs.
    Answer to this week's "Spot the Six Differences":

1) The "everybody agrees" part is missing.
    2) The "heals up for second season" part is missing.
    3) The draft position is different.
    4) The target has been moved.
    5) The court position is different
    6) The team is in the Eastern Conference

BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

So the obvious question is, what does this mean for Bayless?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Portland plays out West it harder to make the playoffs there giving them a better chance of more lottery balls. If the Pacers were out West we would have missed the playoffs more ensuiring us higher draft picks and hopefully landing Grangers not Haskins. I am done playing what if for the rest of the season. We have a great team, I am 100% behind them and really would love to see the Pacers snag 45 wins this year.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    I think that Bird has "shown" that he can be somewhat aggressive. The Zach Randolph trade was ridiculous. That helped them free up cap and roster to aquire guys like Rudy. My guess is that Portland's owner allows the GM to make moves. Having the 1st pick fall into your lap and having McHale swap Roy for Foye helps.

Speaking of McHale. 20 years from now he could be the worst GM in the history of sports.
    Garnet, Mayo, and Roy traded.
    It also helps to have an Owner that has ZERO problems buying picks for cash much less spending $$$ to get the job done. We could have the most aggressive GM that is willing to reach out to other GMs....but it wouldn't make a difference if the Owner does not provide him with the resources to make those type of moves.

Of course....some of this is luck ( getting the 1st round pick in Oden and being lucky enough to be a GM when Zeke was a GM ), circumstances ( being in the right place when a GM like Paxson decides to pick Tyrus Thomas over Aldridge and the Suns being a cash-strapped Organization that didn't mind selling their 1st round pick ) and the will to make bold moves. That Randolph trade was the perfect situation....you had Zeke who wanted a talented but troubled child that was not afraid to make a huge move and give up a lot to get him ( seriously....Paxson and KP owe alot to Zeke for half the stupid moves that he decided to make that ultimately benefitted the Blazers and Bulls in the end ) and a GM Owner that had no problem buying out Francis in the end.

IMHO.....KP is a very good GM that recognized what needs to be done and has taken advantage of many opportunities that fell his way. By no means that I am diminishing what he did.....but you have to admit that none of it could have happened if many outside factors didn't benefit them in the end.
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-08-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.