Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

  1. #1
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Eh, might as well start one up even though it's late...

  2. #2
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Honestly I wish the Cowboys could just blowout the Bengals so badly that they'd switch to another game at halftime. Either that or have T.O. freak the **** out so that the game will be called early.

  3. #3
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Titans are 5-0?! Are they really that good this year?
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  4. #4
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Titans are 5-0?! Are they really that good this year?
    They've had a relatively easy schedule so far. There is no way they can go deep in the playoffs with Kerry Collins, or Vince Young for that matter.
    Last edited by Natston; 10-05-2008 at 05:07 PM.

  5. #5
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,577

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, might as well start one up even though it's late...
    Eh, I should have made this thread....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  6. #6
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, I should have made this thread....
    But then no one would have posted in it...

  7. #7
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Fire Meeks... Offer Dungy the opportunity to either take over the defense and start the Caldwell era as HC so we can start evaluating it now.... or fire Dungy too.

    Do I think the Colts would do that? No.

    Do I think they should do that? Yes.

    I think the PR hit of firing Dungy would balance out with the PR bounce of showing nobody is irreplaceable and that accountability is not only expected... it is demanded.

    We had a bye week to make some fundamental changes to account for our weaknesses and Dungy apparently slept thru it.

    -Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. #8
    Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Broadripple
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,253

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Yeah, cause knee jerk firings always result in success in the NFL.

    Personally, I think its a personnel problem.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

    - ilive4sports

  9. #9
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They've had a relatively easy schedule so far. There is no way they can go deep in the playoffs with Kerry Collins, or Vince Young for that matter.
    I disagree. Kerry Collins simply has to play mistake free football. The Titans are the best defense in football right now and they have a strong rushing attack with Chris Johnson and LenWhale. Don't sleep on them.

    On a completely unrelated note, AD is going to shred the Saints run defense tonight. They are without their best run stopping DT in Sedrick Ellis.

  10. #10
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. Kerry Collins simply has to play mistake free football. The Titans are the best defense in football right now and they have a strong rushing attack with Chris Johnson and LenWhale. Don't sleep on them.
    I'm not going to sleep on them, they're more than likely to have a good record at the end of the season. However, I just don't see them going deep, because Kerry will play like he did yesterday...

  11. #11
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,082

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, cause knee jerk firings always result in success in the NFL.

    Personally, I think its a personnel problem.

    It's not really a knee jerk reaction. I thought the team should've let Dungy retire after the Super Bowl and should have done nothing to tried to change his mind if that was what he wanted to do. Obviously, if he wanted to come back you owe him that.... But I wouldn't have encouraged his return. And I certainly would've closed the door on any return for this season.

    What I think is going to happen is that the Colts will at some point down the road make a change that will show that we wasted some prime years with Dungy's system/style. It's run it's course and then some. This might be after wasting another 2-3 years with Caldwell imitating Dungy, though that remains to be seen. It could be Caldwell is the motivator that Dungy is not. It could be Caldwell will be more consumed with coaching the Colts than writing children's books. He might be more apt to push the team to find new abilities. He might be less likely to continue to hammer a square peg in a round hole. ...Or not... But if not Caldwell then I believe the next coach after him will make some things happen in the playoffs and with the defense as Manning's career winds down that will have fans wondering "What if? (we'd played this way during our prime)"

    I realize Dungy won a SB but I don't see Dungy as a true playoff system coach. I'm glad he got one "his way" but "his way" isn't a recipe for sustained playoff success. The stars aligned and he won one for the "good guys" but you only get so many chances to be a SB contender, you don't want to squander it with a system that isn't designed for playoff success.

    .02,
    Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  12. #12
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Well, was completely wrong about Adrian Peterson running crazy on the Saints. They stacked the box all night and got great play out of their DLine on top of that. I predicted Minnesota would win, but New Orleans really gave that game away with turnovers. They got some rough calls as well.

  13. #13
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    New Orleans really pissed away that game. I feel like if they played that game 9 more times New Orleans would have won each time.

  14. #14
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Was looking ahead at the Colts schedule and they have got a brutal one starting with a matchup this week against Baltimore. I would rate Baltimore and Tennessee's defense as 1A and 1B so far this year. Another problem I think the Colts will face is stopping Leron McLain. This guy is a big bruiser and could give the Colts smaller run defense fits.

    Who would have guessed that the Colts and Pats could legitimately not make the playoffs this year.
    Last edited by Moses; 10-07-2008 at 10:57 PM.

  15. #15
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was looking ahead at the Colts schedule and they have got a brutal one starting with a matchup this week against Baltimore. I would rate Baltimore and Tennessee's defense as 1A and 1B so far this year. Another problem I think the Colts will face is stopping Leron McLain. This guy is a big bruiser and could give the Colts smaller run defense fits.

    Who would have guessed that the Colts and Pats could legitimately not make the playoffs this year.
    So are the Steelers 1C or 2?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #16
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So are the Steelers 1C or 2?
    I would say 2. I wouldn't expect Baltimore to keep it up though. They will get a string of injuries like they always do coupled with the fact that their offense will keep them on the field all the time.

  17. #17
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Okay. When Keisel and Hampton return, our run defense will improve significantly and we should be able to move up for our dismal performances the past two weeks against the run without them. Maybe then we can move up to where we get a decent ranking like we are accustomed to.

    As for Baltimore, keep in mind that they don't play a single NFC East offense until November 16. I think the NFC East teams will struggle to move the ball against them, but they'll get more than 192.5 yards against them.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  18. #18
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,531

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Pacman Jones at it again: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432

    Drinking out at a club at 1:30 am...the guy will never learn.

    It's especially crappy because it actually happened in Dallas. Dude, you're rich and probably have a mansion and an unlimited supply of liquor in it. Invite as many women and friends over as you want, just keep it at home so you don't get in any fights and get in any public trouble. Just ridiculous.

  19. #19
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,035

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacman Jones at it again: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3633432

    Drinking out at a club at 1:30 am...the guy will never learn.

    It's especially crappy because it actually happened in Dallas. Dude, you're rich and probably have a mansion and an unlimited supply of liquor in it. Invite as many women and friends over as you want, just keep it at home so you don't get in any fights and get in any public trouble. Just ridiculous.

    Pacman Jones is an idiot, it's really that simple.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  20. #20
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay. When Keisel and Hampton return, our run defense will improve significantly and we should be able to move up for our dismal performances the past two weeks against the run without them. Maybe then we can move up to where we get a decent ranking like we are accustomed to.

    As for Baltimore, keep in mind that they don't play a single NFC East offense until November 16. I think the NFC East teams will struggle to move the ball against them, but they'll get more than 192.5 yards against them.
    I don't think you can just look at the statistics in this case. The Steelers have a much better offense than the Ravens so they can keep their D off the field a good bit longer then the Ravens can and not to mention at least give them good field position to work with. I am simply going by who has looked more impressive when I watched them play. The Steelers D has looked good, but not as impressive as the Titans or Ravens. And for the record, if Haynesworth keeps up his play and does not get injured he is a almost a lock to win DPOY.

  21. #21
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Well, I checked the Steelers' offensive stats the other day and they aren't a thing of beauty. But we've also played three good, hard hitting defenses in the past three weeks (PHI, BAL, JAC) and they get a lot of credit for that. I'm just saying the Ravens have not yet played a team that *can* stretch anyone's defense. This week will be an interesting test of them, but I expect their physical style of play to be the difference-maker.

    I also think that the rookie QB (name currently escaping me) looks to have enough ball-control sense to keep their defense off the field. You could see that in the matchup with the Steelers. I thought both defenses looked pretty good that game, even though both offenses had much more success than I expected.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  22. #22
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Crazy Game going on between the Falcons and Bears...

  23. #23
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Timbuktupolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naturallystoned View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crazy Game going on between the Falcons and Bears...
    The Bears took the lead with 11 seconds and the Falcons managed to get in range for the GW field goal...

  24. #24
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    The ending of about 4 of the 1:00pm games are the reason I keep shelling out the money for Sunday Ticket every year. The Bears/Falcons, Texans/Dolphins, Skins/Rams, and Vikings/Lions games all came down to the final minute and/or final play within about 6 minutes real time of each other. The Red Zone Channel handled it all flawlessly. Awesome.

    Good times!!

  25. #25
    Seize The Day carpediem024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    27
    Posts
    431

    Default Re: Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread

    (Dallas vs. Arizona) Hochuli blows another call. What an idiot.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Similar Threads

  1. The Official 2008 MLB thread
    By travmil in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 04:59 PM
  2. The Official 2008-2009 IU Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
  3. Well... Not impressed.. Random thoughts
    By Bball in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 04:18 AM
  4. A Few Random Thoughts from My First Game of the Year
    By arenn in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 10:21 AM
  5. So, what's the over-under? and Random Thoughts
    By indygeezer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 02:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •